Princess Insurance question...they are blocking me from insurance

cruise2relax

Hope someone can assist.  I cannot locate a department to contact regarding Princess Insurance.  Princess is blocking me from booking their insurance due to NY law change.  The problem is I do not live in NY?!?  We live in a neighboring state (CT) that does not have such a law but we fly out of NYC a lot for overseas travel.  Our cruise consultant at Princes keeps telling me it is because my state does not allow the insurance, she is wrong.  The only she she can tell me is to call the Princess 800 number but that results in wait times upwards of an hour.  Any ideas of an insurance department or tech department email or number?  There is clearly a glitch in their default software.  Anyone else having this issue?

Where is your TA located?  Or where is their area code…. If you are doing it through your TA, I have found sometimes the default contact number is that of the TA, and if it is a NY number that might be the problem.  Or is your cell number a NY area code?  EM

23 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Where is your TA located?  Or where is their area code…. If you are doing it through your TA, I have found sometimes the default contact number is that of the TA, and if it is a NY number that might be the problem.  Or is your cell number a NY area code?  EM

We book ourselves, no travel agent and have a CT #

2 hours ago, cruise2relax said:

You may be correct...now how to change that when booking...hmm

If you find that answer, I would love to know.  We live in Palm Springs but Princess insists my home airport is San Diego.  I try to change it but keeps defaulting back to San Diego.

3 hours ago, kiwimum said:

This option can only be accomplished by Princess.   For a couple of cruises our home port was listed as Seattle.  Our PVP changed it back to San Diego and no issues since.

This is correct. Changing the airport code in the personalizer doesn't resolve the problem since that is only used in the event of an emergency so Princess knows which airport to get you back to. There is a separate field in your records for your actual home airport and only Princess (or perhaps your TA) can modify it. One way to check this is if you receive a Booking Confirmation from Princess - your home airport should be listed, and there's a footnote telling you to contact Princess if it's incorrect.