Rough seas on cruise to Hawaii from LA in Mar.?

stromer

We just booked a LA to Hawaii cruise for Mar 2022 and are wondering about the possible rough seas that might be encountered in the transit to Hawaii caused by winter storms in the Pacific near Alaska.  Has anyone who has done this cruise before during the spring or fall encountered these possible rough seas?  I have been to Hawaii many times in the summer but not in the spring when the weather might be more stormy.

Any  comments would be appreciated,

Rick

6 hours ago, stromer said:

We just booked a LA to Hawaii cruise for Mar 2022 and are wondering about the possible rough seas that might be encountered in the transit to Hawaii caused by winter storms in the Pacific near Alaska.  Has anyone who has done this cruise before during the spring or fall encountered these possible rough seas?  I have been to Hawaii many times in the summer but not in the spring when the weather might be more stormy.

Any  comments would be appreciated,

Rick

We are doing the same from SF in March, 15 days RT on Ruby Princess.  We can only hope.  We have done the Pacific Coast in December northbound from Cabo to SF and it was very rough.  So I'm hoping headed west we will get out of it after the first or second day.  

We have done a San Diego to Hawaii  RT cruise and a one way San Francisco to Hawaii.  On the RT both the first few days after departing from San Diego and the last two or so days returning to San Diego were rather rough.  And on the one way departing from San Francisco the first two days or so were rather rough.  Who knows what our OP will experience.  

• Like 1

Everyone has their own definition of rough seas. We have done the West Coast to HI and back several times, the most recent Feb/Mar 2020, just prior to the shutdown.

My definition of rough seas would be so much roll that you get thrown off balance or plates are moving on the dinner table. I haven't been on a trip like that for a very long time given how stable ships are now. There was one day going last year where the pools looked like wave pools, sloshing back and forth, but the kids in the pool were in heaven.

But that was a single day, the others were all perfect.