New Rotterdam sideways Veranda suite

FrankieSue

The room layout is different than usual but the verandah is large.

See the photos of 4045 and 4046 from the Koningsdam on www dot half acts dot com under the pinnacle class tab . They are the equivalent state rooms of 4043  on the Rotterdam 

Edited by Cruisepucks

The davit tops will be at head-height when standing, and you will look over the top of the lifeboat in front of you. The top of the lifeboat is approximately the height of the deck rail when seated.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove

6 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

Good morning,

does anyone have any info on those sideways Veranda cabins on Deck 4 of the Rotterdam? I am looking at cabin 4043 and it appears to have a larger balcony than other suites.

thank you.

I stayed in a similar cabin (4043) on Koningsdam and would not recommend it. First, the bathroom is in front of the bed, so the nightlight below the bathroom door was visible in the room. Second, the balcony door was in an odd spot at the end of the cabin. While it will probably be different in the Rotterdam cabin, it is likely that you won't be able to look out the balcony door from your bed, which I realized that I like.

I can see where that cabin on Rotterdam does have a double-wide balcony, but remember that there is a lifeboat in front of you and with the new design of them being retractable, it's not clear how much more or less your view will be obstructed than on Kdam. I actually thought that my cabin had a double-wide cabin as well, but it turns out that half of it was for the cabin next to me.

We had 4044 on Kdam back in 2019.  Balcony larger , but not as large as one thinks at first as half of that does belong to 4042.  4046 baclocny was long and narrow. They have a side sliding glass to access . They have avery large deck.  That leaves alarge blank spot oposite the bed making the cabin abit dark . Our glass door is in a small alcove way past the bed. They should put amirror or picture on that big blank spot.  We started leaving our TV on the aft or forward channel and brighten things up when walking into the room.  This layout puts the bed very close to the hallway, therefore do hear abit of noise. As not a a party  ship , so late eves were not too bad with people walking down the hall.  Where we noticed some noise was when breakfast carts  started rolling down the hallways early morning rattling dishes.  Not sure we would choose that one again - however if price was right - who knows.  It was our first time in obstructed , so that was a concern as well, but not as bad as we thougt it might be, but would much rather be in just unobstructed balcony  By the time we booked there were not a lot of choices left. . 

We have 4044 booked on the Nieuw Statendam and did some research after thinking it had an extra wide and extra long balcony. It is extra wide but not extra long.  Relook at the deck plan for 4041 and 4043. 4041 has half of the balcony outside 4043.  I kept 4044 even after finding out about the balcony.  I agree with Cruisepucks that halfacts.com is helpful.  We have booked sideways cabins several times and are happy with the layouts.

Edited by carnivaljunkie
additional info
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 10:51 AM, Heartgrove said:

The davit tops will be at head-height when standing, and you will look over the top of the lifeboat in front of you. The top of the lifeboat is approximately the height of the deck rail when seated.

- Jack

Thank you so much

7 minutes ago, carnivaljunkie said:

We have 4044 booked on the Nieuw Statendam and did some research after thinking it had an extra wide and extra long balcony. It is extra wide but not extra long.  Relook at the deck plan for 4041 and 4043. 4041 has half of the balcony outside 4043.  I kept 4044 even after finding out about the balcony.  I agree with Cruisepucks that halfacts.com is helpful.  We have booked sideways cabins several times and are happy with the layouts.

Thank you so much for the info!

12 hours ago, carnivaljunkie said:

You need to check the Rotterdam deck plan and I doubt that halfacts will be useful for this situation because it's a brand-new ship that almost no one has sailed on. These cabins are different from the KDam and NS because of the new retractable lifeboats (to allow it to go through the Panama Canal). The size of the 4043 balcony on KD/NS is very misleading on the deck plan.