MODERNO CHURRASCARIA

vadersprincess12

lettuce and salad fixings, meat, cheese, sushi, breads, pre-made salads, soup. It is not a huge selection but several nice selections. an upgrade from what you would see at the buffet. 

The meat comes out on a stick and they shave it off at your table. Some of the steak items you can choose a piece more well done  but it is not like a traditional steak house. 

If you are not super picky it is a really fun experience. My 9 year olds, my husband and I have gone several times and we have had a great experience every time. 

9 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Hello Everyone ~ looking for information on this specialty restaurant.  

What types of items are on the "salad bar" and are you able to request the meats done to your liking?

Thanks!

I LOVE Moderno and all Brazillian Churrascarias.  The salad bar is pretty comprehensive:  Soups, cheeses. charcuterie, as well as the various veggies.  It's easy to make a rookie mistake and load up on that.

Then they come around with the meat courses.  The meats are cooked something close to medium but they one end tends to be more well done or rare.  So you can ask for well done and they'll carve from that end.  But not like it's prepared for you.  The same rack of lamb is going to the next table after you.

For a newbie, my recommendation is to try everything that comes around.  You'll like some, others not so much.  Once you've done your first pass you can ask for specific seconds.  This will sound perverse but my favorite cut is the grilled pineapple. And, of course, bacon wrapped anything.  Amazing.  Wish they had it on the Bliss!

Just remember:  Flipping that card from green to red is a sign of personal failure 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

I LOVE Moderno and all Brazillian Churrascarias.  The salad bar is pretty comprehensive:  Soups, cheeses. charcuterie, as well as the various veggies.  It's easy to make a rookie mistake and load up on that.

Then they come around with the meat courses.  The meats are cooked something close to medium but they one end tends to be more well done or rare.  So you can ask for well done and they'll carve from that end.  But not like it's prepared for you.  The same rack of lamb is going to the next table after you.

For a newbie, my recommendation is to try everything that comes around.  You'll like some, others not so much.  Once you've done your first pass you can ask for specific seconds.  This will sound perverse but my favorite cut is the grilled pineapple. And, of course, bacon wrapped anything.  Amazing.  Wish they had it on the Bliss!

Just remember:  Flipping that card from green to red is a sign of personal failure 🙂

Thanks for the info.  I could join you regarding the grilled pineapple!  

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Me:  Just one more piece...

Pants:  Warning!  Warning!  We are at maximum capacity.  Catastrophic failure is imminent!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, phillygwm said:

You can always flip the back to green and claim personal redemption. LOL.

The salad bar is NOT your standard iceberg lettuce and cherry tomatoes drowned in ranch.  Instead, it has a fancier selection like arugula and other greens, artichoke hearts (maybe heart of palm), variety of sushi, fancy cheeses, dried fruits... several savory options.

The servers circulate with chicken legs/wings x2 seasonings, sausage x2, lamb, small filets, bacon-wrapped cuts, and a few others.  Husband likes his beef well-done and I like medium, so the server selects ours from opposite ends of the skewer.    All the other items are just pushed from the end of the skewer on to your plate. 

We call it the HOUSE OF MEAT.  Wear your holiday pants, take your time, and enjoy a bit of everything.  Oh, and DEFINITELY get the pineapple... glazed in brown sugar and baked, it is amazing!

19 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Hello Everyone ~ looking for information on this specialty restaurant.  

What types of items are on the "salad bar" and are you able to request the meats done to your liking?

Thanks!

OMG! This is not your average "SALAD BAR". In fact, the Hubs and I have many times just eaten things off of the salad bar. Sushi, salads, charcuterie, you name it, all super yummy! I personally don't care for the "meat on the sticks" and my husband is a Vegetarian so this suits us just perfectly!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Hello Everyone ~ looking for information on this specialty restaurant.  What types of items are on the "salad bar" and are you able to request the meats done to your liking? Thanks!

image.png.f78c38ef26c606580486be581fb281fe.png

image.png.c07e7d9c12556d7d896db9321eef2625.png

image.png.f6d125bfc6269aa93dfc83d3c288214a.png

image.png.ddf0abf9617e63ee0b7530a21c93e89e.png

image.png.66e19567d047a0fad32585f38b4126e1.png

image.png.a80d51ca2f54d017df00017088136548.png

image.png.457856431e26c7bf8bcb9fe05ba3d693.pngimage.png.fd7ca7866c16a5cfd91011f984e55dbb.pngimage.png.d77d25317c33558c3428273111d8408f.png

image.png.1c2a7f62ed5f6fc09018c81c89fff479.png

image.png.6a9d7ef335a1a12655a52f4671199fbe.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

Just a warning, it is not terrible but it is not as good as most land based Brazilian Steakhouses (even chains like Fugo de Chao) so if that is your expectation just temper it a little bit. 

So true!

As nice as our Moderno dinner was a few years ago, I wasn't all that crazy about it.  "Nice", but the most spectacular thing about it was the endless food being served.  There seemed to be a lot of salt on some of the meats.

When we got home, we went to a local branch of Fugo de Chao (which we didn't remember ever hearing about previously, but there was one in our city).  We went with some Brazilian friends who assured us we'd be totally delighted.  And SO right they were.  THAT was a completely different level, in terms of the "salad" bar (indeed, that could easily have been an entire meal and an excellent one at that!), but especially in terms of the quality of the meats.

However, that wasn't a huge surprise.  The prices at the downtown restaurant were relatively high - and worth it!

Yum.

This reminds me that we need to go back!

GC

• Like 1

If you’ve been to a Brazilian Steakhouse on land, you might be disappointed. If you have not, then you might be blown away. It’s worth trying, but there’s a reason it’s not being included on newer ships. There are better specialty options, but it is fun to experience if you haven’t. 

• Like 1

Not really in my top choices of restaurants. Way better options I'd choose from.

After the appetizer bar I was pretty much done. Plus I'd rather enjoy my meal, instead of forcing myself to eat that much food. 

We usually do a show after dinner, so this restaurant is usually not in the running. 

Hope you enjoy!

On 11/2/2021 at 11:07 PM, fastpitchdad said:

Just a warning, it is not terrible but it is not as good as most land based Brazilian Steakhouses (even chains like Fugo de Chao) so if that is your expectation just temper it a little bit. 

I totally agree.  It isn't Fogo.  And Cagney's isn't Morton's.  But they're both pretty good. 

Also, those land-based restaurants are also a lot more costly than what you'd pay on the ship.  You won't get out of Mortons for under $100 pp.  Fogo will be almost $100.