What is the latest to book a cruise before Sailing?

Gamecock_Cruiser

We are supposed to fly from Charlotte to Las Vegas on Thursday. Currently, flights are all over the places departing Charlotte to Vegas. IF, and that is a BIG IF, our flight gets canceled soon enough, how late can we book a cruise for Thursday? If it is canceled by midnight tomorrow night, that leaves us plenty of time to drive to Orlando for a 4 night cruise that is the same dates as our Vegas trip. 

And if this was to happen, we still need a negative Covid Test even though vaccinated, correct?

Not sure if this is the standard, but our last cruise was open until two nights before departure.  We left on a Thursday (10/21) and I did a mock booking on Tuesday night.  Checked on Wednesday morning and it was not available.  Even called my PVP and she said it was closed.

I once did 9 days before.

I do know someone that used to (this was several years ago) show up at the cruise terminal, bags packed, and would try to book right then and there. I'd say every 3 times he did it... two he was told sorry, and one he got a TREMENDOUS good deal.

With security, COVID, etc, probably can't do that anymore. 

7 hours ago, bobbyandali said:

I once did 9 days before.

I do know someone that used to (this was several years ago) show up at the cruise terminal, bags packed, and would try to book right then and there. I'd say every 3 times he did it... two he was told sorry, and one he got a TREMENDOUS good deal.

With security, COVID, etc, probably can't do that anymore. 

It’s not so much security and COVID.  It’s been many, many years since checkin personnel had access to cabin availability, or ability to accept payment.  It’s also why you can’t get an upgrade at checkin.  EM