50% off 2nd Passenger Offer

mahdnc

49 minutes ago, Elainemh said:

I opologize for using the word rip off. I should have phased it differently.

I check  regularly for price drops for my next cruise 

of May 2022.

I am happy for all who were able to receive a price drop with this new promotion .

Maybe next sale I will get lucky

Don't wait for the "next" sale. As Bo said, prices change frequently depending on how many cabins remain in a particular category. It's why sometimes you'll see a Concierge or even an Aqua cabin for less than a regular veranda.

We booked one cruise during the 20% off & double points sale. When I checked this morning, the price on our S2 had dropped by $500. A quick call to our TA and she got it repriced for us no problems, and quite frankly I'll gladly give up the "double points" if I come out $500 ahead.

Plus in other threads others are bemoaning the death of the Captain's Club. 😛

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I can't do apples to apples comparison because our aft cabin seems sold out. 

Ditto.  In fact, we had to waitlist for the one we booked - for late Oct 2022.

Edited by canderson
If I can't come up with at least 3 typos, I figure I'm not trying hard enough.

We see a small saving on the two cruises we have booked.  You wouldn't really expect it to be much compared to the 20% off sale that just ended because 50% off second passenger is really the same as 25% off each.  Still every little bit counts. 

Y'all keep in mind that 50% off the second guest is only slightly better than 20% off the first two. Some will win on that, and some won't

If I booked a while back, then I wouldn't be surprised to not win. Always worth a quick look, though. 

I just re-fared with this new promo and saved $940. I waited on hold for nearly an hour but had no problem with getting the reduction. This is a Panama Canal Holiday Cruise, 15 nights, Aqua class, originally booked in January of this year.

Note: I may have underestimated the 20% savings as I think I failed to account for the one-category upgrade. I was lucky this came along.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

I just re-fared with this new promo and saved $940. I waited on hold for nearly an hour but had no problem with getting the reduction. This is a Panama Canal Holiday Cruise, 15 nights, Aqua class, originally booked in January of this year.

Note: I may have underestimated the 20% savings as I think I failed to account for the one-category upgrade. I was lucky this came along.

That is a nice sailing and I looked very hard at it when it came out.  I found it to be expensive with the 3rd/4th passenger pricing for a balcony to be astronomical ($4,000 pp).

38 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

That is a nice sailing and I looked very hard at it when it came out.  I found it to be expensive with the 3rd/4th passenger pricing for a balcony to be astronomical ($4,000 pp).

Makes you wish they had 50% off 3rd and 4th passengers. Have they ever done such a thing?

1 hour ago, SSAtlantic said:

So is this sale for new bookings only? I booked 2 cruises on Sunday and this appears to save us about $300 on each if we can get new rate. Has anyone tried to refare?

It is not only for new bookings.  Give them a call!

I just got off the phone and just got a little over $1500 knocked off 3 bookings (one was $300 in OBC because it sails next week).

• Like 2

Not sure why some people above are annoyed by these posts. Clearly this information has resulted in savings for several readers. Silly to mock people for asking questions. Yes, one could search and find  the answers to almost all questions but then there’d be no new posts and the same people would complain the boards are too boring and no one is posting anymore. Can’t win. Don’t try. Thermonuclear Warfare. There is no winner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

Makes you wish they had 50% off 3rd and 4th passengers. Have they ever done such a thing?

I don’t know but for the last month they had 20% off everyone,  so that was pretty good for people with 3 or 4 in a cabin.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

There was a time, back in the day, after 1 and 2, the 3rd and 4th sailed for next to nothing (port fees & etc).

• Like 1

As far as a discount for the 3rd person, we always book with 3 including DD. Of the two courses I booked on Sunday, one she is 40% off and one she is 60%, so they do discount that 3rd person significantly. We have always found this to be true. I am not sure if we can get any reduction in either of these cruises as it does not appear there are other cabins in the booked category.  I will check and call my TA tomorrow. 

Wow, I sort of ignored this promo until reading this thread.  Then decided to check the Panama Canal March 2023 cruise I booked while on board last week.  It resulted in a saving of $4000 each on two Celebrity Suites.  😲  Thanks so much to the OP and the other helpful folks here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HskrCrsr said:

We have seen occasional 3rd/4th cruise fare promotions at 50% off all the way as low as free in the past.  Sometimes we are able to get our booking adjusted, sometimes we can't.  But I cannot complain.

One interesting twist for us is that we booked a 14 night Millennium Christmas cruise (Hong Kong to Singapore) in one of those FV cabins for 4.  3rd/4th passenger fare was a nice $999 pp.  Cruise was a COVID casualty so we got lifted and shifted to the following year's 14 night Christmas cruise (same itinerary) but there were no FV cabins available so they split the 4 of us up into 2 adjacent Cat 1A balcony cabins with no change in price.  So that means the kids got a cabin to themselves at the old 3rd/4th person price.  

So again, no complaints--except for the $4,000 pp 3rd/4th price on your Millennium Christmas Canal cruise!  I will be looking at the Christmas 2023 cruises to see if Celebrity will do the Canal again to see what the pricing is like......

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KAE27 said:

Wow, I sort of ignored this promo until reading this thread.  Then decided to check the Panama Canal March 2023 cruise I booked while on board last week.  It resulted in a saving of $4000 each on two Celebrity Suites.  😲  Thanks so much to the OP and the other helpful folks here.

You saved like a whole 'nother cruise!

• Like 1

Is there a limit to how many times you can request a price adjustment? For a June 2022 Alaska cruise, I had called and received a couple hundred dollars back when the 20% sale first came out. Checking now, looks it has dropped another $100+ under this promotion. Not huge, but I am willing to sit on the phone for awhile to save some money! Just wasn't sure if I can go back again. Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, Belle5129 said:

Is there a limit to how many times you can request a price adjustment? For a June 2022 Alaska cruise, I had called and received a couple hundred dollars back when the 20% sale first came out. Checking now, looks it has dropped another $100+ under this promotion. Not huge, but I am willing to sit on the phone for awhile to save some money! Just wasn't sure if I can go back again. Thanks in advance!

No numerical limit that I am aware of.  Save away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belle5129 said:

you can

1 minute ago, Belle5129 said:

You can go back for more. Two of the three that I repriced today already have been repriced once. 

Saved some cash on a already booked Greek Isles cruise in July 2022. Whereas the bottom line is what matters, I am befuddled at times at how X gets there. Easy enough to figure out if you really want to, but if one is happy with the numbers, all is good. In this case, the new invoice reflected a higher overall cruise cost than the original one, plus, my military discount and promo discount were quite a bit higher. Go figure. I certainly don't want to. But hey, thanks Celebrity. I'm not seeing 50% off second guest here without a much higher price point. Perhaps someone else is.

Hopefully, more money-saving promos to come. Take advantage of as many as are offered before final payment.  

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Thanks 1

We have several cruises already booked that I am waiting to get a price reduction on. Celebrity must be pretty busy because I have been on hold for going on 1hr and 45min. Now.  Hoping I do not time out after waiting this long!