Any Canadian Cruises get an Antigen test in Fort Lauderdale

CruiserRob

We will be in Orlando prior to our cruise in Jan and we plan to book an appointment locally nearby the hotel and have a back up appt at the pier should we run into issues. 

If the Air Canada antigen Self test with telehealth is truly approved by RCCL, then we may bring that along as well. 

18 hours ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

We will be in Orlando prior to our cruise in Jan and we plan to book an appointment locally nearby the hotel and have a back up appt at the pier should we run into issues. 

If the Air Canada antigen Self test with telehealth is truly approved by RCCL, then we may bring that along as well. 

Couldn't you order the RCCL Binax test to wherever you're staying and do it that way?

29 minutes ago, CruiserRob said:

I have been unsuccessful ordering them since the company wants a zip code for the credit card 

Use the 3 numbers from your postal code followed by 00 (If postal code M3C 1T9 use 31900).

Good question -  I will be in same position in March looking for a place that we can get tested prior to our cruise. Here what I come up with so far:-

LabDoctor is the cheapest at $49 however are they any good.  Plus there near the Port. 

https://labdoctor.org/covid-pcr-testing/

AnyLabTestNow is $89 and are close to our hotel. 
https://www.anylabtestnow.com/davie-33314/tests/covid-19-antigen-rapid-test/
Were staying in Fort Lauderdale one week prior to our cruise. 

Edited by DHP1

2 hours ago, Djsmrs said:

Couldn't you order the RCCL Binax test to wherever you're staying and do it that way?

Would rather not deal with the stress of whether it ships correctly or hotel misplaces or cannot locate the delivery.  We would prefer bringing the Switch Health ones or Even better- just found out that Beeper MD will come directly to us at the hotel with a scheduled appt to administer the test. 

happy dancing!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

Would rather not deal with the stress of whether it ships correctly or hotel misplaces or cannot locate the delivery.  We would prefer bringing the Switch Health ones or Even better- just found out that Beeper MD will come directly to us at the hotel with a scheduled appt to administer the test. 

happy dancing!!!

How much is the Beeper MD test for Canadians?

3 hours ago, CruiserRob said:

How much is the Beeper MD test for Canadians?

Thanks to @MamatoJackgreat update, we have now secured our rapid antigen test appts to be administered at our hotel a couple of days before we cruise. They have a few test options and as RCCL is testing International guests onboard prior to debarkation, we only require the rapid antigen test prior to boarding.

and as stated it’s FREE! Unless you wish to expedite the time for pcr test results if on time constraint. For the rapid test we receive the results in 15 mins. From the comfort of our hotel room or lobby. The website is very detailed with its FAQ,s and super easy to book.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 9:07 PM, Liverpoolfan181 said:

Thanks to @MamatoJackgreat update, we have now secured our rapid antigen test appts to be administered at our hotel a couple of days before we cruise. They have a few test options and as RCCL is testing International guests onboard prior to debarkation, we only require the rapid antigen test prior to boarding.

and as stated it’s FREE! Unless you wish to expedite the time for pcr test results if on time constraint. For the rapid test we receive the results in 15 mins. From the comfort of our hotel room or lobby. The website is very detailed with its FAQ,s and super easy to book.

Did you give a Canadian telephone number.  When I try to register it’s telling me that my phone number seems to be invalid.

12 minutes ago, CruiserRob said:

Did you give a Canadian telephone number.  When I try to register it’s telling me that my phone number seems to be invalid.

Yes my number worked just fine and I got the confirmation text sent as well. If any technical issues, their customer service is great and they can help reserve your appts over the phone as well

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 2:40 PM, gnome12 said:

Use the 3 numbers from your postal code followed by 00 (If postal code M3C 1T9 use 31900).

lol, that's what did to get my credit card to work at US gas stations on my drive to NY/NJ a few years ago...

I also have booked Antigen tests through Beepermd.com . They will come to our Ft Lauderdale hotel as we are spending 3 days there after we fly down from Nova Scotia in December. They have great customer service. We contacted them as we didn’t have a room number at the hotel to give them. They said they will contact us the night before to confirm and to give them the room number then.  We used our Canadian cell phone as our contact and they texted immediately after we booked with a confirmation. Seemed a very efficient process. We have the Switch at home tests as a backup. 

• Like 2

In my “opinion”, nothing is free. There has to be a catch somewhere.  I have been searching this topic for the last few months and the cheapest Antigen Test I found in Fort Lauderdale is $49 per person. The average test is $89.  During  my search, these companies are all regulated by State of Florida and FDA EUA authorization. 
Are you folks providing your driver license number or Passport number to BeeperMd?  I know Shoppers Drug Mart they ask for your driver license number or Passport number to get a Antigen Test. 

Edited by DHP1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

In my “opinion”, nothing is free. There has to be a catch somewhere.  I have been searching this topic for the last few months and the cheapest Antigen Test I found in Fort Lauderdale is $49 per person. The average test is $89.  During  my search, these companies are all regulated by State of Florida and FDA EUA authorization. 
Are you folks providing your driver license number or Passport number to BeeperMd?  I know Shoppers Drug Mart they ask for your driver license number or Passport number to get a Antigen Test. 

Passport, I support you could provide your drivers license if you'd prefer. They ask for a photo ID before the appointment. 

Costco didn't ask for anything when I did the tests there. 

47 minutes ago, MamatoJack said:

Passport, I support you could provide your drivers license if you'd prefer. They ask for a photo ID before the appointment. 

Costco didn't ask for anything when I did the tests there. 

I would think you ought to have to show some official picture ID before getting a test to be used for travel to make sure that the name on the test matches the traveller.