Move Up - What's included, what's not included

kfrey68

I have been reading all the threads I can but am still really confused on move up bids and acceptance.  I did an upgrade a number of years ago and I remember that we didn't get the higher Captains Club points but I believe at the time we received everything else for the class.  I see people mention general suite perks and particular perks related to their particular suite.

My question: We are currently in a Veranda cabin with AI. If we bid on a suite (sky or other), what will we be entitled to besides the actual cabin?

Thanks in advance for the information.

• Like 1

For a Sky Suite, access to the Retreat and Retreat Sun Deck and dining in Luminae.  If you bid successfully on a RS, Villa, PH or Iconic you will have unlimited specialty dining and laundry at least twice on the cruise, upgraded champagne and probably a few more things I can't remember. 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

If you Move Up to a Sky Suite you will be dining in Luminae, have use of the Retreat Lounge ( drinks in there are free),  use of the Retreat Sun deck and a Retreat Host ( Butler).  You will keep the AI perks you had with your veranda booking.  You will not get the extra CC points. 

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

For a Sky Suite, access to the Retreat and Retreat Sun Deck and dining in Luminae.  If you bid successfully on a RS, Villa, PH or Iconic you will have unlimited specialty dining and laundry at least twice on the cruise, upgraded champagne and probably a few more things I can't remember. 

So with the AI we have the classic package, so we keep that can use that in Luminae.  In the Retreat (lounge / sun deck) would we be able to get drinks that would be considered Premium?

4 minutes ago, kfrey68 said:

So with the AI we have the classic package, so we keep that can use that in Luminae.  In the Retreat (lounge / sun deck) would we be able to get drinks that would be considered Premium?

I believe this to be exactly the case.  That said, I would be surprised if someone shot down my theory.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

45 minutes ago, kfrey68 said:

Yes you can use the Classic package in Luminae.  In the lounge you should be able to get anything they have there.  Not sure about the Sun Deck.  They no longer ask for the sea pass card at most bars.  They either ask for you cabin # or there is a card reader you place the sea pass on.  That will tell them what package you have.   So at a minimum you be able to get drinks from the Classic package at the Sun Deck

on the website for the retreat the list - but they dont say what the onboard credit and shore ex credit are - does anyone know?

As a guest of The Retreat, you’ll also enjoy a long list of thoughtfully curated amenities that start with five newly added perks*—a shore excursion credit, premium drinks, streaming Wi-Fi, tips, and an onboard credit to spend almost any way you like.

16 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

on the website for the retreat the list - but they dont say what the onboard credit and shore ex credit are - does anyone know?

As a guest of The Retreat, you’ll also enjoy a long list of thoughtfully curated amenities that start with five newly added perks*—a shore excursion credit, premium drinks, streaming Wi-Fi, tips, and an onboard credit to spend almost any way you like.

None of that will come with a Move Up bid, only those goodies that have been mentioned above.

@kfrey68 If you very interested in a Sky Suite (and there are some available), you ought to call the Retreat Concierge line (1-800-RETREAT).  I believe you want to go with option 3 on the automated system (Retreat Concierge)--you'll have no wait or a much reduced one.  Ask about pricing on an upgrade.  It's not uncommon that the price of an upgrade is about the same as the minimum Move Up bid.  It might even be less (it happened to us).  In any case, it might be worth it if it's around what you might have put in for a bid. 

With a direct upgrade, you get all the elevated perks (including the OBC and Sky Suite points), so account for that when you weigh price against value.  You also get to choose your room.