Arriving at the port without boarding passes

cruzlover

We are sailing Nov 13 (8 days) and still cannot print our boarding passes. It says we are missing passenger information but everything is filled in. Our TA has been trying to get it straightened out but I’m starting to think we’re going to have to go without them. 

I know with airlines, if you don’t check in online you go to the counter and they print your boarding pass. Anyone know if this is possible with MSC?

2 minutes ago, cruzlover said:

....I know with airlines, if you don’t check in online you go to the counter and they print your boarding pass. Anyone know if this is possible with MSC?

Yes, it's not a problem.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cruzlover said:

We are sailing Nov 13 (8 days) and still cannot print our boarding passes. It says we are missing passenger information but everything is filled in. Our TA has been trying to get it straightened out but I’m starting to think we’re going to have to go without them. 

I know with airlines, if you don’t check in online you go to the counter and they print your boarding pass. Anyone know if this is possible with MSC?

I am assuming you are on Meraviglia ?

Nov 13 is  7 day sailing.

Nov 20 is   8 day sailing. 
The addition of Canadian citizens allowed to sail is fairly recent, perhaps this may be the issue? 
As posted, not a problem.  Other paperwork is more critical.

2 hours ago, phissy said:

I am assuming you are on Meraviglia ?

Nov 13 is  7 day sailing.

Nov 20 is   8 day sailing. 
The addition of Canadian citizens allowed to sail is fairly recent, perhaps this may be the issue? 
As posted, not a problem.  Other paperwork is more critical.

Sorry. Just noticed that. Yes, 7 days. By other paperwork, I assume you mean vaccine and negative test. 

2 hours ago, cruzlover said:

Sorry. Just noticed that. Yes, 7 days. By other paperwork, I assume you mean vaccine and negative test. 

Just wanted to make sure you had the right week. 😁

Yes…

Proof of vaccination and negative Covid 19 test result taken no more than 2 days before cruise and Health questionnaire filled out on embarkation day.
We are on this cruise also, 👋. Actually, both weeks.

we are taking our tests Thursday morning before heading to airport for flights.

Edited by phissy

5 hours ago, justcrusn said:

It might matter at the port gate!

Port Everglades for instance has a guard gate and you need a cruise document to enter.

MSC is sailing currently out of Miami and PC in the US. No gate checks.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 8:48 AM, justcrusn said:

By the way, we cruise in 7 days and our cruise documents are not ready either!
Ive never experienced this on any other line.

However MSC emailed them to me and i printed them.

Our TA has tried everything to get the docs but no luck. It has something to do with our address. When you enter your postal code, the information automatically fills in but it’s the wrong info and no way to fix it manually. She was told today our names would be at the gate, but to my knowledge there is no gate. Bringing our original booking confirmation and the info is on MSC for me app. Fingers crossed 🤞

1 hour ago, cruzlover said:

Our TA has tried everything to get the docs but no luck. It has something to do with our address. When you enter your postal code, the information automatically fills in but it’s the wrong info and no way to fix it manually. She was told today our names would be at the gate, but to my knowledge there is no gate. Bringing our original booking confirmation and the info is on MSC for me app. Fingers crossed 🤞

I was having trouble printing docs for a Nov 20 cruise. I could for one cabin and not for the second. I called MSC and they emailed them to me even though I booked it through a TA. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruzlover said:

Same thing here, it is SO frustrating!

On 11/5/2021 at 6:51 PM, phissy said:

Just wanted to make sure you had the right week. 😁

Yes…

Proof of vaccination and negative Covid 19 test result taken no more than 2 days before cruise and Health questionnaire filled out on embarkation day.
We are on this cruise also, 👋. Actually, both weeks.

we are taking our tests Thursday morning before heading to airport for flights.

OP is Canadian....therefore needs a RT-PCR (and NOT an antigen test) taken within 3 days of embarkation.... https://www.msccruises.ca/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean

As has been discussed, not sure as MSC USA has this on their site.

To be safe, I would do the PCR.   But, as with everything MSC, confusing.

Yes, see guidelines below:

U.S., Puerto Rico, & Canada residents: 
FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS 12 YEARS AND OLDER:

All fully vaccinated guests 12 years and older must provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test at the pier. The test must be taken no more than 2 days before departure and the guest is responsible for the test and cost. Fully vaccinated guests must provide either a negative RT-PCR test, negative NAAT or negative antigen test.

CHILDREN 2 - 11 YEARS OLD REQUIREMENT: Any guest 2-11 years old must provide documentation of a negative RT-PCR, or other nucleic amplification test (NAAT) at the pier (antigen is not accepted). The test must be taken no more than 3 days before departure and the guest is responsible for the cost. 

Looks like this is the one to follow…

CARIBBEAN CRUISES - COVID-19: MEASURES TO EMBARK FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS

For all sailings in the upcoming months, untill March 31st 2022, please note that all Guests will need to follow all of these requirements to be allowed on board: 

• All Guests (2 – 11 years old) need to provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test taken within 3 days before embarkation (i.e if you embark on your cruise on a Saturday,  you should take your COVID-19 RT-PCR test on the Wednesday before). Antigen COVID-19 test is not accepted to take a cruise (even though it is allowed to fly to the USA) and boarding will be denied. Guests (2 – 11 years old) will undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal (free of charge), before boarding.
  • All Guest (12 years old and over):
  • need to provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR taken within 3 days before embarkation (i.e if you embark on your cruise on a Saturday,  you should take your COVID-19 test on the Wednesday before).  Antigen COVID-19 test is not accepted to take a cruise (even though it is allowed to fly to the USA)  and boarding will be denied. If the COVID-19 RT-PCR test is done more than 2 days before embarkation, Guests will undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal (free of charge), before boarding

On 11/8/2021 at 5:18 PM, cruzlover said:

I ran into the same sort of thing... when checking in,  I hit "Find" after inserting the zip code and the "city" box auto fills in with "PO Boxes 1-9998, MyTown'sName".  When I click the little orange "down" arrow in the city box, it also offers me the option of just "MyTown'sName".  (Please note: "MyTown'sName" is obviously a placeholder for my actual city name for the sake of this conversation)

BUT when I select the option of just "MyTown'sName" for my city (trying to use the correct city name without that PO gibberish), I can't print the e-docs (or link a credit card for that matter). 

Only when I put the city back to "PO Boxes 1-9998, MyTown'sName" will the MSC web site allow me to send my e-docs to my e-mail address.  So, since that's what MSC's deranged web site needs to allow me to access my docs... that's what I'm doing to trick it into getting what I need. 

Hopefully, this info will help someone.

PS  I called MSC earlier today to ask for my e-docs and after waiting on hold for an hour, got unlucky with the unhelpful agent I got and was told I had to go through my TA to get them.  Am just glad I got the docs now as I doubt my TA would have been able to get them either with that city address bug lurking in MSC's web site software.