Oops! Used wrong credit card for onboard account during web checkin

Native Floridian 26

I was so excited to get the credit card to take after several errors upon trying.  Now I realize I should have used a different credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees due to onboard account being billed by a non-US bank.  Is there any way to change it?  Do I need to call and open myself up for new issues or wait until I get onboard.  You'd think you could edit it, along with your other check in information.

33 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Probably at check-in at port too I would think.

No credit card information is taken at the shore side check in.

You will have to check in at the kiosk on board ship and provide the credit card information.

An FYI learned from experience: If you notify your card before hand that you are traveling, do not just list the countries your will be visiting. Talk to a representative and make sure it is noted that the on board hold will be coming from a foreign bank (French). That will stop the card from being rejected during check in.

9 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

No credit card information is taken at the shore side check in.

You will have to check in at the kiosk on board ship and provide the credit card information.

An FYI learned from experience: If you notify your card before hand that you are traveling, do not just list the countries your will be visiting. Talk to a representative and make sure it is noted that the on board hold will be coming from a foreign bank (French). That will stop the card from being rejected during check in.

Thank you. This is our first time MSC, so I wasn't aware they don't verify the CC at check in.  I'll just change at kiosk if it allows me.  Good tip about the French bank.