MSC private island Yacht Club cabana

Dakotastar

When signing up for a yacht club ocean front cabana the write up for the cabana says good for up to 6 guest.

When I go to rent the cabana it only allows me to include my wife and myself to use cabana.  I'm not allowed to add or write in 4 more guest.

When I show up on the island with my friends ( who are in the yacht club too) are they allowed to share the cabana also?

4 hours ago, Dakotastar said:

When signing up for a yacht club ocean front cabana the write up for the cabana says good for up to 6 guest.

When I go to rent the cabana it only allows me to include my wife and myself to use cabana.  I'm not allowed to add or write in 4 more guest.

When I show up on the island with my friends ( who are in the yacht club too) are they allowed to share the cabana also?

Yes...as many (YC) people as you want can share. They will all get the same amenities also.

Last month we rented one and had 4 different couples in it.

Enjoy it...it's really nice.

On 11/5/2021 at 10:30 PM, alyssamma said:

Yes...as many (YC) people as you want can share. They will all get the same amenities also.

Last month we rented one and had 4 different couples in it.

Enjoy it...it's really nice.

Yea!! Thanks for the response. Is it worth paying the extra 50 for ocean 

1 hour ago, Dakotastar said:

Yea!! Thanks for the response. Is it worth paying the extra 50 for ocean 

That's a personal choice. For us, since many chose to go into the water, yes. 

But honestly, you're already paying so much, what's another 50 🙂

20 hours ago, lgdesign said:

Never tried a cabana before.  Is your lunch served in your cabana in the Yacht Club area?  Does anyone have any idea what the Yacht Club Ocean Cay menu is like?

The menu is floating around and has not changed since restart.  There is starters like salad with grilled steak, then burger, lobster roll.  I have some pictures on a thread probably around page ten here.

2 hours ago, lgdesign said:

Found the menu, thanks.  Can your lunch be served in your cabana in the Yacht Club area?

Yes, just let the butler know that’s what you would like to do.  But we preferred going to the Beach Club House and having a table    The lobster roll Is very good. 

Edited by Cruisergal1208

On 11/7/2021 at 4:27 PM, Dbox said:

I have a YC ocean front cabana booked for our Nov 20 sailing. I used part of a FCC for it. 

really looking forward to hanging out in it. 

We have had an ocean front one and really enjoyed the privacy it offered as well as the view of the ocean without people in front of the cabana like it is for the beach front ones   Enjoy each moment. 

17 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Very cool... thank you!  Any other cabana tips?  Are there towels at the cabana or do we need to bring them from the ship?

Towels are at the entrance of YC Ocean House Beach.

2176C897-C59E-4CA2-A43B-DB98DC2F10BF.jpeg

Edited by SirWolf

23 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Very cool... thank you!  Any other cabana tips?  Are there towels at the cabana or do we need to bring them from the ship?

19 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Thanks... that's what we booked.  The beach front ones were sold out but we liked the idea of the peace and quiet and privacy. Sounds like heaven.

No need to bring towels   All provided.  We had a few special surprise items delivered by the butler assigned to the cabana.  Fruit skewers for example.  There will be a cooler chest filled with your preference of drinks.  Also don’t forget to have a few frozen ones too 😉. Will try to answer any other questions you might have.   We love MSC and the crew and staff have become extended family. 
Have you been to Ocean Cay before?

Edited by Cruisergal1208
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

No need to bring towels   All provided.  We had a few special surprise items delivered by the butler assigned to the cabana.  Fruit skewers for example.  There will be a cooler chest filled with your preference of drinks.  Also don’t forget to have a few frozen ones too 😉. Will try to answer any other questions you might have.   We love MSC and the crew and staff have become extended family. 
Have you been to Ocean Cay before?

We have not been before... 

Is the cooler for both non-alcohlic and alcholic beverages?  Recommendations as to frozen drinks or any other festive beverages? I think I saw one on a video that was shaded blue to green called a Jamaica Paradise, maybe?