Suite Class Service on Edge Class

actuarian

On 11/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, terrydtx said:

They bartender in the Equinox RL also made an excellent Negroni, much better than the one I had in the Craft Social bar. It was my second favorite drink in the RL. I got hooked on Negronis while spending a few weeks in Italy in 2018.

Was it Mircea? We are headed back to the Equinox in January so we can see him and his wife one last time before they head home. He will be missed at that bar!

On 11/8/2021 at 12:44 PM, terrydtx said:

We were in the Retreat in August on the Equinox in a Sky Suite. The service and food on that cruise were exceptional in Luminae. We had the same excellent server for the whole cruise in Luminae for all meals and when we entered he greeted us by our names and brought my favorite cocktail almost as soon as we were seated.

In the Retreat Lounge  the bartenders also greeted us by name and remembered my favorite cocktails and my wife's wine preference. The bar is well stocked with premium brands of spirits. The first day in the lounge I asked for an Old Fashion with Woodruff reserve, the bar tender apologized for not having any maraschino cherries for my drink, he said he didn't think there were any on the ship, I said it was not a problem. While in the lounge he went off and found a huge jar of cherries and kept them in the lounge. This is just one of many exceptional service encounters we had on the cruise. What airport lounge would have done what this bartender did?  BTW at the end of our cruise i gave him a very generous cash tip.

We were blown away by the Retreat service and experience, so much so we will no longer cruise with Celebrity in any cabin less than a Sky Suite.

I remember the 'great cherry adventure'!! The bartenders had to hide their stash from each other...although all of them managed to get me one for my manhattans 🙂  Perhaps they were borrowing from Mircea in RL.

22 minutes ago, biscuitsandhoney said:

I have read that the retreat areas were crowded (someone said 'packed') on E class, which would be very different from the S class we were on where it seemed like we had a private lounge. Did you experience a feeling of overcrowded retreat areas on the Edge? We are booked on the Edge in January and are excited to experience E class for the first time.

I can’t speak to the current situation  but on our last cruise February 2020 (Caribbean) The Retreat (Edge) was anything but packed!  Not even close to being crowded, ever!   In the evenings prior to dinner in Luminae there was usually less than ten people there for pre-dinner cocktails.  The Retreat pool area was fairly busy but never “packed” and we were always able to get a lounger and had great service.   

• Like 1

Just now, NCHPcruiser said:

I can’t speak to the current situation  but on our last cruise February 2020 (Caribbean) The Retreat (Edge) was anything but packed!  Not even close to being crowded, ever!   In the evenings prior to dinner in Luminae there was usually less than ten people there for pre-dinner cocktails.  The Retreat pool area was fairly busy but never “packed” and we were always able to get a lounger and had great service.   

Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

-Lisa and Kevin

On 11/7/2021 at 5:03 PM, terrydtx said:

The Retreat Lounges are way better than any airport lounge I have ever been in.  The service is extraordinary, IMHO.

Agreed.  Stayed in a Sky Suite (2X) on the Edge.  Retreat was more akin to a luxury resort.  3 Concierges….all excellent.  My Butler (Personal Retreat Host) was always around and available whenever I was in or near my cabin.

Long and short of it, while I haven’t sailed in a Millenium or Solstice Suite (although have sailed a regular Solstice cabin), I can say the Retreat on the Edge was the best service on any ship I’ve been on (including the Haven on NCL, and the Yacht Club on MSC).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biscuitsandhoney said:

Was it Mircea? We are headed back to the Equinox in January so we can see him and his wife one last time before they head home. He will be missed at that bar!

Yes it was Mircea, he was great and I believe his wife is a server in Luminae. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Long and short of it, while I haven’t sailed in a Millenium or Solstice Suite (although have sailed a regular Solstice cabin), I can say the Retreat on the Edge was the best service on any ship I’ve been on (including the Haven on NCL, and the Yacht Club on MSC).

I agree no cruise line we have sailed comes close to the Retreat in their suites, that includes, NCL and HAL, have never sailed with MSC and doubt I ever will.

3 hours ago, biscuitsandhoney said:

I have read that the retreat areas were crowded (someone said 'packed') on E class, which would be very different from the S class we were on where it seemed like we had a private lounge. Did you experience a feeling of overcrowded retreat areas on the Edge? We are booked on the Edge in January and are excited to experience E class for the first time.

No we didn't, and I know all the suites were not fully booked. We loved the retreat areas and E class is one of our favorites because it is different.

• Like 1