Suite Class Service on Edge Class

actuarian

17 hours ago, terrydtx said:

It is not strange, in the S Class ships the Retreat Lounges were not designed to be part of the Retreat concept at the time they were built, because the Retreat didn't exist. They are located on the interior of  deck 5 with no outside windows. If they had an outside window the only view would be the life boats. In the New Edge class the retreat lounge in on deck 15 forward with windows and wonderful ocean view.

Used to be the cigar club before Suite Class existed. 

6 hours ago, isdoo said:

No idea where that is taken, but it is not the retreat lounge on the Silhouette.

There isn't any windows in the retreat lounge on the Silhouette.

OK sorry.  Image search from Google.  Claims to be from Silhouette.  But why no windows in Silhouette vs other S-Class ships?

6 hours ago, isdoo said:

No idea where that is taken, but it is not the retreat lounge on the Silhouette.

There isn't any windows in the retreat lounge on the Silhouette.

Delete.  duplicate post.

Edited by TeeRick

17 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I hope it’s a step better than an airport club lounge. The Delta ones are nice but close to full most the time, a buffet, and a bar w one bartender w no waitstaff in the lounge areas  taking orders. 

on the Edge in Oct ‘22 for a TA so first time trying Retreat w so much seatime. 

den

I was thinking of British Airways 1st class lounge LHR terminal 5 or Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse LHR. Both lounges I remember ordering lunch from waitstaff. The hotel executive lounge is the Grand Hyatt Dubai. 

17 hours ago, terrydtx said:

The Retreat Lounges are way better than any airport lounge I have ever been in.  The service is extraordinary, IMHO.

Do the  airport lounges you have ever been in include Amex Centurion lounges?  IMHO, they are the best airport lounges and they are at least as nice as Retreat lounges.  Unfortunately, there are only 14 airports that have Centurion lounges and no airport has more than one centurion lounge, so the vast majority of airports either do not have one or, if they do have one, it is far away from the gate that your flight is departing from.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

OK sorry.  Image search from Google.  Claims to be from Silhouette.  But why no windows in Silhouette vs other S-Class ships?

Apologies - Just had a look in the Retreat Lounge of the Silhouette and there are four windows, but they are obscured and you can't see through them.

20 minutes ago, George C said:

We really liked suite class on edge , Luminae Is much larger but service and food is still really good, loved the outside retreat with swimming pool and bar and grill. Would definitely book it again.

We have 3 Edge and Apex cruises booked in 2023 and 2024 all in Sky Suites, we are going to try and only book E Class ships in the future because of the much better Retreat facilities. The New Beyond has even moved the Luminae from the port side of deck 12 to the front of the 16th deck with panoramic front facing windows and ocean views, that will be  great dinning facility.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 4

Understand there are very select/special Airport and Hotel Club Lounges that are a step above the ‘norm’, but glad The Retreat service exceeds the norm. I was in the BA 1st Class Lounge a number of years ago and I don’t remember them having waitstaff serving cocktails, and the same with Centurion. But with the Pandemic, haven’t been to either in 2+yrs so maybe that’s changed. 

It does sound as if The Retreat level of service will fully meet my expectations (hopes). Since I think X service throughout the ship exceeds other major Lines, and The Retreat exceeds that, Wow. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Understand there are very select/special Airport and Hotel Club Lounges that are a step above the ‘norm’, but glad The Retreat service exceeds the norm. I was in the BA 1st Class Lounge a number of years ago and I don’t remember them having waitstaff serving cocktails, and the same with Centurion. But with the Pandemic, haven’t been to either in 2+yrs so maybe that’s changed. 

It does sound as if The Retreat level of service will fully meet my expectations (hopes). Since I think X service throughout the ship exceeds other major Lines, and The Retreat exceeds that, Wow. 

Den

We were in the Retreat in August on the Equinox in a Sky Suite. The service and food on that cruise were exceptional in Luminae. We had the same excellent server for the whole cruise in Luminae for all meals and when we entered he greeted us by our names and brought my favorite cocktail almost as soon as we were seated.

In the Retreat Lounge  the bartenders also greeted us by name and remembered my favorite cocktails and my wife's wine preference. The bar is well stocked with premium brands of spirits. The first day in the lounge I asked for an Old Fashion with Woodruff reserve, the bar tender apologized for not having any maraschino cherries for my drink, he said he didn't think there were any on the ship, I said it was not a problem. While in the lounge he went off and found a huge jar of cherries and kept them in the lounge. This is just one of many exceptional service encounters we had on the cruise. What airport lounge would have done what this bartender did?  BTW at the end of our cruise i gave him a very generous cash tip.

We were blown away by the Retreat service and experience, so much so we will no longer cruise with Celebrity in any cabin less than a Sky Suite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

……..We were blown away by the Retreat service and experience, so much so we will no longer cruise with Celebrity in any cabin less than a Sky Suite.

That’s Exactly what I’m worried about!

when we 1st started cruising we took Oceanview SRs. On an X cruise they offered a Balcony at a very low price so we jumped on it. And of course never when back…the whole point of the discount. 

so now what will happen?! 

We are dining SS on a many at sea day TA, but I can see it now…..but this cruise has 2 sea days, let’s go Retreat!

den

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We were blown away by the Retreat service and experience, so much so we will no longer cruise with Celebrity in any cabin less than a Sky Suite.

I'm inclined to agree, although it's not like I've been anything other than thrilled with Celebrity service outside the Retreat, as well. 

While we're relating fun Retreat Lounge stories . . . .  The RL bartender on my recent Summit cruise, as well as the one a month prior, was an exceptional man named Daniel. The first thing I ever ordered from him (on that first cruise) was a Negroni. That led to a small chat, a part of which was Daniel relating that he made countless Negronis while working for an Italian line. I remarked that it showed because it was an excellent drink. 

When I was making my "farewell" on the second cruise, he insisted upon making me another before I left. A small but treasured gesture. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

While we're relating fun Retreat Lounge stories . . . .  The RL bartender on my recent Summit cruise, as well as the one a month prior, was an exceptional man named Daniel. The first thing I ever ordered from him (on that first cruise) was a Negroni. That led to a small chat, a part of which was Daniel relating that he made countless Negronis while working for an Italian line. I remarked that it showed because it was an excellent drink. 

They bartender in the Equinox RL also made an excellent Negroni, much better than the one I had in the Craft Social bar. It was my second favorite drink in the RL. I got hooked on Negronis while spending a few weeks in Italy in 2018.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

They bartender in the Equinox RL also made an excellent Negroni, much better than the one I had in the Craft Social bar. It was my second favorite drink in the RL. I got hooked on Negronis while spending a few weeks in Italy in 2018.

Negronis are one of those things I drink on cruises much more so than otherwise. It's no wonder that it was the first thing I ordered from the first bartender I saw on board the first cruise I'd been on in two years. 

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We have 3 Edge and Apex cruises booked in 2023 and 2024 all in Sky Suites, we are going to try and only book E Class ships in the future because of the much better Retreat facilities. The New Beyond has even moved the Luminae from the port side of deck 12 to the front of the 16th deck with panoramic front facing windows and ocean views, that will be  great dinning facility.

I remember Luminae as being on the starboard (right facing forward) side on Edge.   

17 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I have no idea why I am thinking it was on Starboard.  I just remember walking up the steps and turning right to enter. 

Yep, but I am sure you now realize  that you were facing AFT when you turned right at the top of that flight of stairs.  

On 11/8/2021 at 3:04 AM, isdoo said:

Used to be the cigar club before Suite Class existed. 

I recall it was a Cigar Bar on the Summit.  It was never a Cigar Bar on the Solstice Class, but it was called Michael’s.  It was bar available to everyone until it was later reserved for High

Level suites (and I believe Zenith members) and now all suites. It is now called the Retreat Lounge.

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Yep, but I am sure you now realize  that you were facing AFT when you turned right at the top of that flight of stairs.  

I know I am wrong and have even check the deck plans but don’t know why I have it backwards.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2021 at 11:40 AM, DCPIV said:

My recent Summit sailings have had 2 Retreat Concierges on board. There's a live thread that mentioned that was down to 1 momentarily with another to arrive soon. 

We were on Equinox in August and September, and we had two concierges in the retreat. The manager was also there quite frequently as well as the hosts taking turns helping guests during the tea hour.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:38 PM, lovrccl said:

Just got off Edge last month, In a sky suite and service all around the ship was excellent. Only had 900 on board so maybe that's why. Suites we're mostly booked but not all.

I have read that the retreat areas were crowded (someone said 'packed') on E class, which would be very different from the S class we were on where it seemed like we had a private lounge. Did you experience a feeling of overcrowded retreat areas on the Edge? We are booked on the Edge in January and are excited to experience E class for the first time.