Refunds

LewiLewi

In 2020 when our Mighty Mississippi on the Duchess was Covid cancelled by AQSC it took about 2 months after I decided on a 100% refund instead of the 125% FCC. Interestingly, the refund was made in several partial refunds (credits back to my card) son the same day totaling the entire amount.

• 4 weeks later...

I have already called twice and was told it would be posted within a few weeks……it’s over a month now. I have not had this problem with Windstar, Cunard or any other cruise line. I think I might report this to my credit card company and see if they can “expedite” this somehow. 

23 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

I have already called twice and was told it would be posted within a few weeks……it’s over a month now. I have not had this problem with Windstar, Cunard or any other cruise line. I think I might report this to my credit card company and see if they can “expedite” this somehow. 

You are lucky if you did not have this problem with other cruise lines.  I waited MONTHS for a large credit from Princess - and that was after filing a credit card dispute.

On my fourth call I was told that since I had used a TA, she would have to call since they will not deal with me. This is one month after my first call to them. I have not experienced this with any other cruise line. I would think twice about booking with them again. Plus, they are also deducting $500.00 from our deposit because we are canceling. 

They clearly show that there is a $500 administrative fee for cancellations.  No fun, but that should not have been a surprise if you read their terms and conditions.

And again, every cruise line wants to deal with the TA if you have used one.  Certainly they should have told you this on your first call.

• Like 2