Any one on rccl anthem of the sea?

On 11/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, Luv2Crus40 said:

Anybody know which sea days, if any, we'll be able to sun out on the deck?  Hoping to be able to sit out the day after we leave Nassau for Bayonne.  Forgot to mention we're on the 11/28 sailing.

yup that is the best day.  I got off Anthem and first and last days can be windy and chilly, But if the sun is out you can get some while laying in solarium.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Anthem hasn't left Cape Liberty yet.  Are they still loading turkeys (either kind)?  😄

It is now late as last week we pulled out at 5:20.

I am hearing chatter on PTZ NY Harbor about a buoy incidence and urging all mariners in the area to be careful.  

53 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yup that is the best day.  I got off Anthem and first and last days can be windy and chilly, But if the sun is out you can get some while laying in solarium.

We were on the Nov. 14 sailing, and the best sunning day for us was the day we landed at Cape Canaveral.  We didn't arrive there until after 2 pm, and the entire morning and early afternoon were perfect for catching rays by the pool and on the upper decks (which were pretty crowded).  It was really the only day on the cruise when sunning on the deck was possible (at least for us) since we were on CocoCay the whole next day, and Nassau was pretty cloudy/rainy.

36 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

It's unfair to compare most CDs to Abe.  Abe and Mike are just so extraordinary.

🙂 

Extraordinary is not how I would describe Mike sorry dear.  Abe was a class act with a great voice.

Mike was very wishy washy when trying to get folks to adhere to the dismissing by sections in the theater.  When folks did not listen to him, he made silly remarks and laughed it off.  Plus, he spoke too quickly and was hard to understand sometimes on intercom. His daily morning shows were also rather dull compared to Abe.  Some of his attempt to joke in various venues fell flat.    However, he had a nice smile but like I originally said, I prefer and miss ABE.

I stand by my comments based on the cruise I just left. I know you go on Anthem a lot, but this past week he was blah and the accent did not help.  Not a fan.    

If you haven't seen the coverage/video of the rescue, please see here:

https://www.app.com/story/travel/2021/11/21/royal-caribbean-anthem-seas-back-nj-after-coast-guard-rescue/8709882002/

We were watching from our port side balcony. Awesome job by the Coast Guard (and after what must have been a long trip out to us).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, highway6161 said:

If you haven't seen the coverage/video of the rescue, please see here:

https://www.app.com/story/travel/2021/11/21/royal-caribbean-anthem-seas-back-nj-after-coast-guard-rescue/8709882002/

We were watching from our port side balcony. Awesome job by the Coast Guard (and after what must have been a long trip out to us).

Thanks.

Don't know if it's the wind conditions our what, but Anthem is still a ways offshore and not even close to heading into port, now doing 13.5 knts and heading out towards the open waters...

anthem1.jpg

Edited by matt1

Just now, toad455 said:

Apparently she's not docking in Port Canaveral and will head straight for Nassau.

WOW! That's just awful for the folks onboard. I know things like this happen, but they must be so disappointed. 

☹️

3 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Wondering what kind of weather they’re having. Has anyone seen any posts with compasses or entertainment schedule for the 11/21 cruise? Will be getting on 11/28. 

Reading the Roll Call for this current cruise it didn't appear that anyone there was interested in helping others. I actually made a request for embarkation information and they had my post deleted

☹️

Edited by matt1

1 minute ago, matt1 said:

Reading the Roll Call for this current cruise it didn't appear that anyone there was interested in helping others. I actually made a request for embarkation information and they had my post deleted

☹️

That’s disappointing. 

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

☹️

If you are following the FB Anthem page, someone is live posting w/pictures the 11/21 trip.

Edited by alexgtp

21 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

this was posted by someone else. No personal info in here so it's probably ok to post here.

LOVE the pictures. That’s exactly why I’m trying to get to the port a little early before jumping in the embarkation line, so I can get some pictures of the memorial and the ship.

Very much appreciate 👍 the Cruise Compass as well, hope you’re able to continue transferring the images over to CC.