St. Maarten excursions- which should we do?

zeppgirl

On 11/8/2021 at 11:31 AM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

He took us all over the island, we stopped somewhere and fed iguanas, went to Orient Beach, went to Grand Case (picture below) and had lunch there. 

I've seen other photos of that. I want to go to that "feed the iguanas" place. Thanks for the reminder. I really like iguanas. :classic_biggrin:

Here is where we got the ATV rental for the day; http://www.johnnysscooterrental.com/rental/rental/

First stop we'll go to Rainforest Adventures [https://rainforestadventure.com/package/flying-dutchman/ ] to take the lift up and get a sweeping view of the island and zipline down. Cost is $99pp but has 15% off with coupon code 'RCCL15.' 
https://rainforestadventure.com/package/flying-dutchman/

After that we will stop by Topper's Rhum Distillery for a tasting and then to Maho Beach to watch a couple of planes land and a drink or two at Sunset Bar and Grill. We'll then navigate clockwise around the island to stop at Trou David (Devil's Hole), then on to in Marigot to visit the market and the old Fort St. Louis. If we have time we'll then head for a Orient Beach, maybe a stop on Paradise Peak, otherwise from Marigot we'll cut across the middle os the island to visit Guana Bay and hike to Devil's Cupper natural swimming pool. After that we head back to the ship and walk to the Caribbean Brewing Company near the pier after we drop off the ATV. 

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

I've seen other photos of that. I want to go to that "feed the iguanas" place. Thanks for the reminder. I really like iguanas. :classic_biggrin:

Just FYI, it was some "side of the road" place.  If I remember correctly, there wasn't even a building.  Just a family(?) and a vehicle and a lot of iguanas (I think they were iguanas).  I don't have any pictures online, will have to look at home.  Sorry, it was 5+ years ago, I wish I could give you some more details of it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

I've seen other photos of that. I want to go to that "feed the iguanas" place. Thanks for the reminder. I really like iguanas. 

So does Loriann...it's kind of fun to stop there.  There are a lot of them, and they always seem hungry.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

We saw many more iguana's at the dock in Crown Bay than we did at that roadside stop on the way to Orient beach.

• Thanks 1