Quite beach club

WindinmySails

20 minutes ago, WindinmySails said:

Hi my sister is looking for a low key or rather not "rowdy" beach club in Cozumel.  I haven't been to any, so, I can't suggest any to her.  Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks so much!

Does she want any activities? AI or PAYG. Pool/no pool?

For a quiet, relaxing beach club head to Nachi Cocom - about $50+ each for all inclusive (food and drinks).  No music, great food, good service, and limited to about 130 guests per day.  They have a nice beach, small pool with a couple of swim up bar stools), hot tub (never very hot to me), and offer massages, snorkeling, etc. for an additional fee.

Taxi from your pier will be about $16-17 each way - check the fare board near the cab line.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WindinmySails said:

I think she'd be into some activities, a pool would be nice, and I am sorry,  don't know what al or PAYG means.

OK, sorry as already explained -

AI - all inclusive (charge covers food and drink)

PAYG - pay-as-you-go, food and drink a la carte, (some places charge admission charge) 

You haven’t said if she is traveling solo/with a group, or age range, or type of activities she would like. Usually watersports can be arranged on site from third party vendors. Many places offer massages.

General quiet beach clubs, all have websites to research details, or google images.

Nachi Cocom AI, pool and beach

Del mar Latino AI but no actual beach, small pool convenient to International or Puerta Maya no transport required.

Playa Azul PAYG but small admission charge credited towards food and drink. North end, good for snorkeling.

Punta Morena, PAYG (quiet away from main restaurant area) but east side and transport more difficult- needs to be arranged in advance. V small pool

Anemona, punta sur PAYG but admisssion fee to national park and need to have taxi wait for whole time. No pool.

Palancar Beach, south of ports, no pool.PAYG.

Paradise Beach has good clean facilities, nice pool PAYG or AI. It isn’t  exactly what I would call “quiet” but it isn’t “rowdy”. It is family oriented with plenty of activities. 

Lots more locations if she has any specific requests or questions.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/9/2021 at 10:56 AM, c-leg5 said:

OK, sorry as already explained -

AI - all inclusive (charge covers food and drink)

PAYG - pay-as-you-go, food and drink a la carte, (some places charge admission charge) 

You haven’t said if she is traveling solo/with a group, or age range, or type of activities she would like. Usually watersports can be arranged on site from third party vendors. Many places offer massages.

General quiet beach clubs, all have websites to research details, or google images.

Nachi Cocom AI, pool and beach

Del mar Latino AI but no actual beach, small pool convenient to International or Puerta Maya no transport required.

Playa Azul PAYG but small admission charge credited towards food and drink. North end, good for snorkeling.

Punta Morena, PAYG (quiet away from main restaurant area) but east side and transport more difficult- needs to be arranged in advance. V small pool

Anemona, punta sur PAYG but admisssion fee to national park and need to have taxi wait for whole time. No pool.

Palancar Beach, south of ports, no pool.PAYG.

Paradise Beach has good clean facilities, nice pool PAYG or AI. It isn’t  exactly what I would call “quiet” but it isn’t “rowdy”. It is family oriented with plenty of activities. 

Lots more locations if she has any specific requests or questions.

Punta Morena.  What's it's beach like?  I remember that side of the Island being more to look at than to swim because of the rocks at the water's edge.

3 hours ago, ThisGirlsOnFire said:

A bit off topic but I can't relocate the taxi services which I can contact to do a tour of the East Side of the Island. 

Heading back to Senor Iguanas

You can negotiate with a taxi at the pier but be sure to arrange for them to wait or be sure they will return. You may/may not get a return taxi from Señor iguanas but I wouldn’t leave it to chance on a cruise ship day, cell service can be  intermittent. We always pre book with ToursPlaza. Some on CC use Black Hat and you will find other recommendations on TA.

3 hours ago, ThisGirlsOnFire said:

Punta Morena.  What's it's beach like?  I remember that side of the Island being more to look at than to swim because of the rocks at the water's edge.

punta Morena has a wonderful long sandy  beach and away from the main restaurant can be very relaxing. It has a very small dipping pool and a cove where you can get wet but actual swimming is not recommended due to currents and undertow. However I have seen surf board classes advertised as well as another location on the east side.  

Prices at the bar and restaurant are “tourist” prices and mariachis are common. Lots of photos on TA. It us one of the stops on the Bar Hop and Mitsugirly (CC poster) gave an intensive photo review on her blog earlier this year which you will probably be able to find.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:24 PM, ThisGirlsOnFire said:

That is one of the very few if not the only beach that I know on that side that you can swim at.....it's my favorite spot in Cozumel....beautiful beach... great food and away for the crowds. This is a spot however like mentioned that you need to have transportation arranged....I usually make a deal with a taxi driver for 4-5 hours (Usually around $125 cost) and just have him stay and after the beach bar hop a bit at a few other spots nearby....I have never had a driver ask nor would I pay them in advance....we pay and tip at the end.

Edited by bajathree

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

That is one of the very few if not the only beach that I know on that side that you can swim at.....it's my favorite spot in Cozumel....beautiful beach... great food and away for the crowds. This is a spot however like mentioned that you need to have transportation arranged....I usually make a deal with a taxi driver for 4-5 hours (Usually around $125 cost) and just have him stay and after the beach bar hop a bit at a few other spots nearby....I have never had a driver ask nor would I pay them in advance....we pay and tip at the end.

Chen Rio is another area that has sheltered spots. Very popular with local families on Sundays.

• Like 1