Miami hotels December 4, 2021

canadian girl 77

What is going on in Miami on December 4? I googled and I still can't see any reason why hotel rooms that are $300-$500 on December 11 are $1,000+ on December 4.

I was able to book a hotel using our ihg points in downtown Miami but I really am curious about why that day is so $$$$$$$$.

26 minutes ago, canadian girl 77 said:

What is going on in Miami on December 4? I googled and I still can't see any reason why hotel rooms that are $300-$500 on December 11 are $1,000+ on December 4.

I was able to book a hotel using our ihg points in downtown Miami but I really am curious about why that day is so $$$$$$$$.

You may want to rethink staying at the Holiday Inn downtown. I am cruising 3/22 and used points for 2 night at that hotel. It has been a while since we stayed there. I was told on this forum to check out what is happening at that hotel. Reviews have been horrible and posted pictures show the hotel to be in disrepair. 

They have filed bankruptcy and the property has been put up for sale and redevelopment. Needless to say I was able to use Hilton points for the Hampton Inn. The Intercontinental had no rooms for IHG points. Prices are skyrocketing for rooms. 

Edited by kenb

6 hours ago, kenb said:

You may want to rethink staying at the Holiday Inn downtown. I am cruising 3/22 and used points for 2 night at that hotel. It has been a while since we stayed there. I was told on this forum to check out what is happening at that hotel. Reviews have been horrible and posted pictures show the hotel to be in disrepair. 

They have filed bankruptcy and the property has been put up for sale and redevelopment. Needless to say I was able to use Hilton points for the Hampton Inn. The Intercontinental had no rooms for IHG points. Prices are skyrocketing for rooms. 

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2021/07/29/bankruptcy-could-lead-to-redevelopment-of-downtown-miami-holiday-inn/

Take my opinion with "a grain of salt". 

Ken

It’s Art Basel, one of the largest events in Miami and people come in from all over for it. Hotels are always crazy during this time.  

If you want to dine some place special in the downtown area, I would suggest making a reservation. 

Glad you were able to get something.