LIVE FROM Enchanted Princess Inaugural Caribbean with Curaçao 11/10/2021

Mo Jito

17 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We are on the Enchanted now and the Capri Dining room is the best be used on embarkation day.  We have about 2050 on the current cruise.

Hank

Since you're on the ship.... we were selecting our future dining room assignments using the medallion app & they want to assign us to the Amalfi dining room in order to have a private table for 2 for the whole trip. Isn't that dining room usually designated a traditional DR? 

11 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Since you're on the ship.... we were selecting our future dining room assignments using the medallion app & they want to assign us to the Amalfi dining room in order to have a private table for 2 for the whole trip. Isn't that dining room usually designated a traditional DR? 

They are only using Capri and Amalfi on this cruise and Amalfi seems to be a mixed bag of both fixed and daily.  We have not met anyone who does fixed so cannot be sure if they even exist.  With only 2000 passengers we have found that we can easily change our reservations in a daily basis.  So, for example, I just noticed that tonight’s menu really sucks and was easily able to book a 7:30 reservation at Sabatinis

Hank

9 hours ago, FraudBroad said:

Thank you SO much! We sail on Enchanted next week and can't wait!

Do you know what time they started boarding?

Many thanks for your thread!

We selected boarding group A (noon) but were onboard well before that. 

Edited by phdiva
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 6:35 AM, Buckeye10640 said:

Understood. But maybe  they could add a  single caffeine free diet soft drink to the fountain drinks.....  I actually prefer fountain drinks,  caffeine free when possible

I vote for diet ginger ale.

I agree with you - diet coke as the only option is just sad.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for posting! We are on the December 10th voyage. How dressed up was your first formal night? Did men wear jackets and ties or just dress shirts with open collar? 
Did any women wear nice jeans on the first night? 
I’m guessing you can tell we are getting ready to start packing. 
Any announcement how many are on the next cruise? 
Joyce 

On 11/10/2021 at 7:41 PM, DHP1 said:

Shore Excursions are busy as usual however, you must stay within your group (bubble).  You do not need to be tested upon entering that Country where the Excursion is being operated.  If you leave the ship on your own (walk around downtown, etc.) you will need to be tested.

This is very informative to hear.  I'm on a 20-day cruise on the Enchanted Princess that commences in late February and ends on March 20th.  I have relatives I have never met who live in Eleuthera and I always assumed I could do some touring with them for a more unique and personal port stop but that turns out that may not be the case.  

9 hours ago, paulandjoyce said:

Thanks so much for posting! We are on the December 10th voyage. How dressed up was your first formal night? Did men wear jackets and ties or just dress shirts with open collar? 
Did any women wear nice jeans on the first night? 
I’m guessing you can tell we are getting ready to start packing. 
Any announcement how many are on the next cruise? 
Joyce 

The first formal night was truly a mixed bag.  I wore my Tux and DW had a nice black outfit but we were among the minority.  We saw everything from lovely formal wear ( one couple wore Tails and a full length gown) to jeans.  Most men at least wore a decent shirt (many with a tie) with many also having a jacketand the Ladies had everything imaginable including outfits DW would not have worn even inside our home 🙂

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hank, Mo Jito, and others, I have a question please especially to those cruised or are currently on board:

Did you all do any "on your own" excursions?
The ports where one can do their own excursions (free flow), were there any protocols on getting off the ship and getting back on again? like for example, carrying proof of vaccine, etc?

4 hours ago, Hlitner said:

The first formal night was truly a mixed bag.  I wore my Tux and DW had a nice black outfit but we were among the minority.  We saw everything from lovely formal wear ( one couple wore Tails and a full length gown) to jeans.  Most men at least wore a decent shirt (many with a tie) with many also having a jacketand the Ladies had everything imaginable including outfits DW would not have worn even inside our home 🙂

Hank

My husband will be happy to hear about the relaxed dress code. He always goes with his dress shirt & dress pants. 

It's similar to the other Princess ships before the pandemic started. Not much has changed.

23 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

My husband will be happy to hear about the relaxed dress code. He always goes with his dress shirt & dress pants. 

It's similar to the other Princess ships before the pandemic started. Not much has changed.

Well, if they are letting shorts fly in any night, that is some change as many reports from pre-Covid times indicated shorts often turned away.  I do wear pants for dinner, but no more suits.  Perhaps they are more relaxed due to Caribbean sector - or maybe it's "due to Covid".  I get this all the time around here when I ask why something is the way it is.  And when you ask further, there is never an answer.  LOL.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:08 PM, coo359a2 said:

Probably Covid related and this is one of the first Princess ships to start back sailing in the Caribbean. I didn't check out the schedule in the posted Patters but  I'm hoping by the 20 Dec cruise there will be more activities/shows arranged.   

Same here.  I will enjoy the cruise no matter what but I'm on a 20-day cruise starting February 28th and like a good variety of entertainment.

33 minutes ago, FFlowers said:

Same here.  I will enjoy the cruise no matter what but I'm on a 20-day cruise starting February 28th and like a good variety of entertainment.

The entertainment has been good.  Decent piano guy in Crooners, good jazz trio in Take 5, and the production show “Rock Opera” was excellent.  Last night we heard the Comedian was very good although we missed that show.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

The entertainment has been good.  Decent piano guy in Crooners, good jazz trio in Take 5, and the production show “Rock Opera” was excellent.  Last night we heard the Comedian was very good although we missed that show.

Hank

Thank you!

The first formal night was truly a mixed bag.  I wore my Tux and DW had a nice black outfit but we were among the minority.  We saw everything from lovely formal wear ( one couple wore Tails and a full length gown) to jeans.  Most men at least wore a decent shirt (many with a tie) with many also having a jacketand the Ladies had everything imaginable including outfits DW would not have worn even inside our home 🙂

It was inevitable that true “formal” was on the way out even before Covid.  I will miss it - even though I had started slowly changing from long gowns to cocktail dresses, or very dressy pants and sparkle tops.  In the good old days it was a chance to play “little girl dress up” as an adult 😁. And my husband even got into the tux and/or white dinner jacket - with fancy bowties and pocket scarf !!

It will be easier to pack, for sure, but I hope they never allow shorts 😲

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Princess has no dress code anymore.  Their code has become just a suggestion due to people not observing the dress code.  Wear what ever you want.  

I just heard a comment from someone sailing on the Regal that there were no drinks being served in the show lounge as they didn't want people removing their masks in order to have a sip. 😵

Are things the same on the Enchanted? Can you carry your own drink from a bar?

We got off in all ports…only Dominica required a ships excursion, but we were allowed to just walk around the port area…there were some stalls around with crafts, etc.

we rented a car in Curaçao, took a taxi to the beach in Aruba and walked around St. Thomas, where  not a lot was open. We wore masks in the shops and taxi. Had a great time.

‘Formal nights my husband just wore a dress shirt and slacks..he looked fine….no one was looking at what people were wearing. We went in, sat, ate and left….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1