Princess Vacation Protection – Platinum Plan

Duffysmom

It has a look back period. I believe it is 60 days. Basically your condition has to be stable for 60 days from the day you pay for the policy (not add the policy to your booking). This means you can't seek treatment or change medications, etc.... Be very careful of this language if you have a pre-existing condition. Read the fine print very carefully.

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/Princess_Platinum_Generic_12_20.pdf

Edited by Coral

12 minutes ago, Coral said:

It has a look back period. I believe it is 60 days. Basically your condition has to be stable for 60 days from the day you pay for the policy (not add the policy to your booking). This means you can't seek treatment or change medications, etc.... Be very careful of this language if you have a pre-existing condition. Read the fine print very carefully.

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/Princess_Platinum_Generic_12_20.pdf

T-

That is excellent information. Thank you for that helpful little nugget!

TL

1 hour ago, Coral said:

That is why I usually purchase and pay for Princess Vacation Protection within a few days of booking my cruise - if neither DW nor I has had any changes in condition or medication for the last 60 days. If one of us has had changes, I wait until finishing a 60-day period with no changes and then pay for Princess Vacation Protection on all of my currently booked cruises.

If you haven't had any changes in 60-days, go ahead and pay for it. It is still completely refundable until the penalty period starts (within a day or two of final payment).

I don't want to wait until final payment to pay for it because one of us may have had a change in condition within 60 days prior to final payment - and then it would not be covered.

We have always in the past used Princess Protection.  However, we are cruising with our whole family in June 2022 and hubby has been having some issues with shortness of breath.  We didn't want to put our entire vacation at risk for everyone and have chosen to use InsureMyTrip.com to find a policy that allowed a pre-existing waiver.  We feel now that our whole trip will be protected for everyone.  

There is an entire forum on here for trip insurance.  You might want to check that out.

• Like 1