Equinox Oceanview Cafe

Raintree

I don't recall them handing me a plate on either Equinox or Millinneum.   I had to get my own plate and then the server would put what I wanted on the plate.   They did hand me utensils but I believe they were close enough to the server you could also pick up yourself.

Fountain drinks, coffee, ice etc were self service.

Yes, on a recent Equinox, you grab your own plate and napkin-wrapped cutlery. What really surprised me though, were the beverage stations. We could help ourselves to coffee, water and juice drinks from the dispensers. I observed a couple of folks filling their thermos bottles, right next to the sign telling us not to do that! 

Another contradiction: The "plexiglass protected" server prepared your salad for you. However, guests squirted on salad dressing from greasy quart sized dispensers. It just seemed terribly odd to me that so much caution for some protocols could be jeopardized by something as simple a a glass of water, or a squirt of Ranch!

Awesome cruise though ... I'd jump back on in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, AC Stew said:

Yes, on a recent Equinox, you grab your own plate and napkin-wrapped cutlery. What really surprised me though, were the beverage stations. We could help ourselves to coffee, water and juice drinks from the dispensers. I observed a couple of folks filling their thermos bottles, right next to the sign telling us not to do that! 

Another contradiction: The "plexiglass protected" server prepared your salad for you. However, guests squirted on salad dressing from greasy quart sized dispensers. It just seemed terribly odd to me that so much caution for some protocols could be jeopardized by something as simple a a glass of water, or a squirt of Ranch!

I agree.   I like salads but didn't want to touch the salad dressing bottles so limited myself to Cesar where they mixed it for you.    Doing B2B's we were beyond cautious.    Especially on the first of each cruise.

3 hours ago, AC Stew said:

Seems to be only the food itself is staff served, drinks and condiments are still self-served.

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Do you mean staff is in their food station and hand you plates and utensils?  I was on the Halloween sailing of the Equinox, I can only recall you grabbing plates and utensils yet perhaps if you stand in front of them they'll hand them to you.

It appears that some of the ships (E-class from the report) are handing out plates and utensils.   My experience on Millennium and Equinox is that I had to pick up my own plate and Utensils and the servers placed my selection on the plate.

I thought it was weird at first I ordered something and told I need to get a plate.   It would seem so much more logical that the server would have a supply of plates.  I could be wrong but I think I remember for the deserts the serve had the plates.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:11 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I agree.   I like salads but didn't want to touch the salad dressing bottles so limited myself to Cesar where they mixed it for you.    Doing B2B's we were beyond cautious.    Especially on the first of each cruise.

I agree, too.  We are beyond careful--that is why I asked.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:37 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Do you mean staff is in their food station and hand you plates and utensils?  I was on the Halloween sailing of the Equinox, I can only recall you grabbing plates and utensils yet perhaps if you stand in front of them they'll hand them to you.

Thank you.  On EDGE, the plates and silverware were handed to you,

• Like 1