Are certain times set aside for kids to use solarium on Alaska cruises?

Grandma7

27 minutes ago, Grandma7 said:

Waiting for call from TA, but before I commit, wanted to know if Grandkids would be able to use solarium occasionally. Looking at Serenade  of the seas in early June. Thanks.

It would depend on the ages of the grandkids since the Solarium is an adults only area.

• Like 3

Which ship? I know the Ovation has an all ages indoors pool. Maybe the other Quantum does as well. And at the captain's discretion, the solarium can be opened to the "yuuts". 

Sorry, just read that you mentioned Serenade, no covered pool for all ages.

Edited by Dat Cruisin Couple

Thanks. I just remember being on Celebrity  and Holland where they would open up the solarium  occasionally to the kids when there was rain all day or very cold weather. It would only be for like two hours or so. It sure made the kids happy. I was traveling solo, but it was a nice watching the kids have some fun!

On 11/15/2021 at 10:59 AM, Grandma7 said:

Waiting for call from TA, but before I commit, wanted to know if Grandkids would be able to use solarium occasionally. Looking at Serenade  of the seas in early June. Thanks.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:27 AM, Teeara said:

It would depend on the ages of the grandkids since the Solarium is an adults only area.

Yes, they do set aside hours for kids to use the pool in the Solarium on Alaska cruises.  We have sailed Radiance in Alaska, sister ship to Serenade, and there were definitely hours for the kids to swim.

I have done the new England cruise multiple times and yes...the solarium pool had a couple of specific hours set aside for children...If it matters it was on the Jewel, out of Boston from 2010 till 2015...not sure if it has changed, but the "kiddo's were allowed

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

What about the indoor family pool on Ovation?  Was that vaccinated only too or were the kids able to swim there?

I’m honestly not 100% sure, because I was always heading to the Solarium, but I looked through some of my pictures,, and guests were sitting in there with masks on, so it may be open for everyone. They didn’t state either way in the Cruise Compass either. There were usually signs on the sliders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I’m honestly not 100% sure, because I was always heading to the Solarium, but I looked through some of my pictures,, and guests were sitting in there with masks on, so it may be open for everyone. They didn’t state either way in the Cruise Compass either. There were usually signs on the sliders.

Serenade sailed Alaska this year too, so there must be some information about how they handled the Solarium for kids.  OP might want to do some searching to see.