Just booked Explorer Holiday cruise!

kjbacon

8 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

If it's anything like the testing process before disembarking Explorer last month, it is quite easy. Go to a designated venue, check in, someone takes the swab, leave. Results are emailed and a paper version put on your door later that day. It takes about the same amount of time as getting a latte from Coffee Connection.

But can you be put in quarantine or kicked off the ship for getting a latte from Coffee Connection?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

In Bonaire, how do we carry our vaccination cards with us if we are snorkeling? I know you can leave items on a tour bus but vaccination cards are one of our most valuable items now!

If you don't have one, invest in a dry bag or box.  Our snorkel masks came in a plastic container that doubles as a dry box.  We also bought a dry bag several years ago.  It was just a few dollars.  It is heavy plastic and you roll the top down to seal it before clipping the top closed.  Any beach shop in or near Vero will sell them.  Then you just leave the bag or box on the boat used for snorkeling.  You can also buy small hard cases on a lanyard that you can wear in the water--we use them for our key cards and whatever cash we've carried on shore when we are visiting a beach.  They work very well--but I'm not sure I would trust my original vaccine card to them.  We have laminated copies--Staples and Office Depot were doing this for free earlier in the year.  Just another complication to travel in the age of COVID.

We received the email from Regent about registering for their COVID testing company, Eurofins, this morning.  Simple to follow the link and register with the company.  Then they send you a temporary password and you need to log into their site using that.  It then prompts you to create a new password. 

Based on what we saw with passengers using a similar system prior to a river cruise in October, I'd recommend a unique password (don't re-use any of your passwords for important accounts) that is easy to remember.  Or record it somewhere secure that you can access.

Five days to go!

• Like 1