Live from the Sky Princess 11/20–12/4

KLM3164

13 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

You're already wet so what's a little rain?  😀

How's the food in MDR this week?

I am not a foodie, so I find plenty (too much) to eat. Quality and menu seem to be the same as last week. Trying different things.

2 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

I am not a foodie, so I find plenty (too much) to eat. Quality and menu seem to be the same as last week. Trying different things.

Definitely looking forward to Alfredo's, Sabatini's, Crown Grill and the wonderful Market Fresh buffet.

On 12/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, flwinejunkie said:

Curious about the answer to this question too.  We board Regal on Thursday.  

On the Regal in Vines we got 5 glasses of wine to go ....ie. They gave us the whole bottle opened so we could take it to the MDR. Or you can ask for a double pour and take it to the MDR in a glass. We are boarding Sky on Saturday, but not in Club Class this time, so we do not know if the MDR staff will go to Vines for us for a single glass. We often got a more expensive glass of wine and paid the difference from the beverage package. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Just now, navychop said:

On the Regal in Vines we got 5 glasses of wine to go ....ie. They gave us the whole bottle opened so we could take it to the MDR. Or you can ask for a double pour and take it to the MDR in a glass. We are boarding Sky on Saturday, but not in Club Class this time, so we do not know if the MDR staff will go to Vines for us for a single glass. We often got a more expensive glass of wine and paid the difference from the beverage package. Hope this helps.

FYI Carmen and James in Vines are awesome and made our cruise special. Also the piano bar staff and the high spirits staff. Wish we were back on Regal.

1 hour ago, navychop said:

FYI Carmen and James in Vines are awesome

if she's the same Carmen we've had before on Princess in Vines, she is indeed excellent.  Hope she is still on the Regal in late January, 2022 ... about 50 days from now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, navychop said:

Thanks, this definitely helps!  Love the idea about double pour so will try it tomorrow.  Can't wait to get on board Regal.

1 minute ago, flwinejunkie said:

Thanks, this definitely helps!  Love the idea about double pour so will try it tomorrow.  Can't wait to get on board Regal.

You just shouldn't have to do that sort of thing.  The Sky MDR wine service is pathetic - easily the worst we've seen on any cruise.  We're on Caribbean in March - sure hope they are better.

For those doing B2B and those of us who are joining the ship on Saturday, here is the Port Ev website showing us docking at terminal 2.  Weather forecast for next week's itinerary shows 70% chance of rain in Belize, Honduras and Mexico. Bring rain gear!

See you Saturday!

Port of Everglades - Public View.pdf

52 minutes ago, coconutty23 said:

For those doing B2B and those of us who are joining the ship on Saturday, here is the Port Ev website showing us docking at terminal 2.  Weather forecast for next week's itinerary shows 70% chance of rain in Belize, Honduras and Mexico. Bring rain gear!

See you Saturday!

Port of Everglades - Public View.pdf 104.74 kB · 0 downloads

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 4:03 PM, KLM3164 said:

For future cruisers to Costa Maya I do want to put in a plug for a shore excursion vendor we’ve used in the past here. This is our second visit here and the last time we were here we booked an outside company and they are still in business. Their tours are much more reasonable than the ones on the ship and they were very professional. I would use them again and the only reason we didn’t use them today is because we had never spent time in the port area on our last trip 2 years ago. Next time we return I will book an excursion though this company. It is called The Native Choice and website is www.nativechoice.com.

Actual web site is    www.thenativechoice.com

• Thanks 2