Medallion App 😡

jacpansea

It’s trying to drive me insane. It doesn’t work and I keep having to delete it off my iPhone and reload it. Only one time have I actually been able to log in to my account and when I went to add anything it gave me a blank white screen. I’ve spent hours on this and frankly I’m beyond irritated. It’s like a kindergartner developed this POS app. 

Do you guys have any tips on how to make it work? 

• Like 1

When is your cruise?

Last I heard Princess stated by the end of November (delayed from late October) they’re promising a web-based system to complete the process. Although based on the development of their MC app I’m skeptical that it’ll be fully functional anytime soon.

image.thumb.jpeg.bc3883ab1a2e5a537c015237bf58a71a.jpeg

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

When is your cruise?

Last I heard Princess stated by the end of November (delayed from late October) they’re promising a web-based system to complete the process. Although based on the development of their MC app I’m skeptical that it’ll be fully functional anytime soon.

image.thumb.jpeg.bc3883ab1a2e5a537c015237bf58a71a.jpeg

Like many people we are still waiting. 

I have spent 2 sessions on Live Chat and got nowhere ...I cruise on Dec 17th on Ruby ,it is not showing up on Medallion App ,however the cruise that was cancelled by Princess to Hawaii is showing .

Tried to add Manually and failed .

I was told by the live chat person that he couldn't understand this issue ...no resolution .

10 minutes ago, jenndisney said:

I have heard others are just doing it at the port. 

That is true!  My question is then, how do you select an arrival time?  We like to be at the port early, and in time to have lunch in the dining room. 😊

Hi, we're on the 12/30 Enchanted cruise. Trying to finish check in on app, but it keeps saying I haven't acknowledged the passenger contract. I've scrolled this many times and hit the acknowledge button, then it says complete, but later it's still showing incomplete. Thanks

There are reports on multiple online media (here, Facebook, etc.) that virtually everyone is having issues with the app today, especially with their boarding group choices having disappeared. I feel especially sorry for those people who are boarding today. As I've mentioned elsewhere, we've been having multiple issues with the app for a few weeks. Our Princess Vacation Planner has been pushing the folks who run the app to remedy the issues and, miraculously, as of last evening all our issues seemed to have been fixed.  And then this morning, the app was freezing again and our boarding group selection had disappeared. We don't board for another couple of weeks, so can be patient for a while longer, but it is incredibly frustrating.

One thing someone else suggested, which we have now done, is if/when the app starts working again, take screenshots of your QR code, your "green lane" status, and even any Dine My Way reservations so that at least you'll have some record if the app crashes again before boarding.

Fingers crossed that they will get this fixed SOON! 🤞

2 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

There are reports on multiple online media (here, Facebook, etc.) that virtually everyone is having issues with the app today, especially with their boarding group choices having disappeared. I feel especially sorry for those people who are boarding today. As I've mentioned elsewhere, we've been having multiple issues with the app for a few weeks. Our Princess Vacation Planner has been pushing the folks who run the app to remedy the issues and, miraculously, as of last evening all our issues seemed to have been fixed.  And then this morning, the app was freezing again and our boarding group selection had disappeared. We don't board for another couple of weeks, so can be patient for a while longer, but it is incredibly frustrating.

One thing someone else suggested, which we have now done, is if/when the app starts working again, take screenshots of your QR code, your "green lane" status, and even any Dine My Way reservations so that at least you'll have some record if the app crashes again before boarding.

Fingers crossed that they will get this fixed SOON! 🤞

Once it is up and running - I will do exactly that. I dont know call me crazy but when it comes to travel I prefer paper - it never lets you down. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrgame101 said:

Once it is up and running - I will do exactly that. I dont know call me crazy but when it comes to travel I prefer paper - it never lets you down. 

Yep, one never knows when the system would be down, internet or mobile service would have outage, etc...paper is the most reliable as a backup when you need it at a moment of notice.  And I worked in IT.

1 hour ago, PE Cruisers said:

Hi, we're on the 12/30 Enchanted cruise. Trying to finish check in on app, but it keeps saying I haven't acknowledged the passenger contract. I've scrolled this many times and hit the acknowledge button, then it says complete, but later it's still showing incomplete. Thanks

As I recall it was possible to accept the Passage Contract when viewing a cruise for the first time when signed in to the Cruise Personalizer.

1 hour ago, mrgame101 said:

Right now for my next 2 cruises we had a QR code and everything - that has disappeared and days error. No proof of boarding group, or QR code. 

When checking in for Majestic 3 weeks ago they never looked at the app nor asked for a QR code. Apparently when reading our Medallions on their tablets that provides all of the necessary information. At the check-in counter they checked passports, vaccination cards & negative CV19 test results…it was a quick & easy process.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

Honestly I would not spend another minute on this process. 

Princess has your $$$. You can print and take your receipts and travel summary (off website).  The rest you can do at the port. They will have staff there to deal with checkin.  

I think that lots of folks checking in the old way at the port will make them realize how big an issue this is. They don’t seem to care about the hours we spend at home, and given the phone wait times they are not adding folks there. 

So you have to line up at the port. Big deal. Beats wasting hours and being frustrated at home, in my opinion! 

• Like 3

It wasn't working in early 2020 and still doesn't. 

I've give up on trying any more. I thought it was my old android phone but even with my newer one nothing seems to work. I had hope that the web based system would be up & running but that to seems to have been put on hold.
I really hope they're not depending on the medallion for contact tracing should they need it. 😑