Shore excursions - Tahiti

Rangi13

Hi all,

Maybe you can help me out.  I'm taking a Gaugin Cruise and on disembark, I have 10 hours to have a look around Tahiti.  Does anyone recommend a car or tour service who would take me around the island and show me the island before my 9 p.m. flight out?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The cruise line does offer a transfer, but its very expensive - tour, 1/2 day hotel room, transpo to airport.    Thank you in advance for any advice.

Yota Tahiti is what I recommend to people looking for tours of the island but there are others. I'm sure you'll get lots of replies. Yota will pick you up at the ship, and bring you back to Papeete to explore, or take you to the airport whichever you prefer. They have full and half days and it is very reasonable if you can find another couple to go along. (Roll call?) Unfortunately you'd have quite a long for your flight going back to the airport right away! www.yotatahiti.com

If you decide to go back to Papeete at the end of your tour I've heard that there is a baggage storage company at the ferry station. I've not used them yet but I know others who have with positive reviews. It would allow you some time to explore Papeete and enjoy the famous food trucks for lunch or early dinner  https://radicalstorage.com/luggage-storage/papeete   Be sure to check on them first as it's hard to know what has managed to stay in business since COVID.

The other possibility if you want to relax or do the island on your own, is a B&B in a suburb of Papeete that's wonderful. We pay for one night and just use as a day room. It's only $69 and includes a lovely pool area with gorgeous views of Moorea. The owners will let you sit by the pool to wait for your bungalow to be vacated (about 1pm) and then you have the day to relax or...... drive yourself around the island in the car they usually have available to rent. They'll also pick you up at the port and bring you to the airport for a nominal fee.They are a lovely couple who will let you be, but  are available to help with anything you might need. We've stayed there several times now.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/21355854?federated_search_id=464d5acf-18c6-4312-9649-3d9bfe11640b&source_impression_id=p3_1637478114_7qImnr4RHnjJrQZW&guests=1&adults=1

• Like 1