can't register my husband who is on oxygen

noslen3333

I am so frustrated with Carnival right now. Just started to fill out our boarding passes for my husband and myself. My husband is on oxygen and has an inogen and carnival stopped me from completing is boarding pass stating that he cannot sail on December 4th and not to come to the port.

That was dropped earlier this month and he is free to sail. Carnival needs to update their forms and information regarding covid. I will call my PVP, who is wonderful by the way, tomorrow and try to fix this. I am losing my patience with carnival over all the hoops they want us to jump through. Enough is enough

It is still listed on their FAQ

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES

If I require oxygen and/or dialysis during my cruise, may I still travel?

Unfortunately, we are unable to accept guests who use oxygen or dialysis at this time. Our medical experts have determined, that for the guest’s own safety, this is the right decision.

We’ve had to make some difficult decisions based on general public health guidelines and the overall health and safety of our guests. We remain optimistic that our approach on future sailings will become more flexible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, noslen3333 said:

I am so frustrated with Carnival right now. Just started to fill out our boarding passes for my husband and myself. My husband is on oxygen and has an inogen and carnival stopped me from completing is boarding pass stating that he cannot sail on December 4th and not to come to the port.

That was dropped earlier this month and he is free to sail. Carnival needs to update their forms and information regarding covid. I will call my PVP, who is wonderful by the way, tomorrow and try to fix this. I am losing my patience with carnival over all the hoops they want us to jump through. Enough is enough

This is the first I've heard that pax on oxygen are allowed to sail on carnival. 

Good idea to check with your pvp as it's been mentioned in the past as not allowed. Have you pvp handle it of it's been dropped.

I am getting my information from my PVP letting me know that my husband can travel and that Carnival has dropped that rule. So yes, I will be calling her tomorrow and will let you know the outcome. I also spoke with the disability department for carnival and informed them of the information they needed. They have emailed me paperwork that we always fill out before a cruise. So I you understand why I am confused. All this changed earlier this month so it is very recent

• Like 1

I called and asked if they have changed the rules since both Holland and Princess will allow people with oxygen concentrators to travel on their ships. I was told that yes the rules have changed and if you have an oxygen concentrator you can travel with Carnival. You just cants take tanks with you . 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, noslen3333 said:

Do update us when you talk to your pvp and let us know for sure. Thanks.

Talked with Carnival and there is a page about disabilities and a box to check for oxygen. I checked that box trying to be honest and it kicked me out. Come to find out, that box is for oxygen tanks. He has an oxygen concentrator and that is ok to travel. Special access has fixed the problem for my husband but I am letting others know that if you have a concentrator, don't hit the "oxygen" box. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, noslen3333 said:

Talked with Carnival and there is a page about disabilities and a box to check for oxygen. I checked that box trying to be honest and it kicked me out. Come to find out, that box is for oxygen tanks. He has an oxygen concentrator and that is ok to travel. Special access has fixed the problem for my husband but I am letting others know that if you have a concentrator, don't hit the "oxygen" box. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

Makes sense....glad you got it worked out.