MSC is now enforcing 120 day cancellation for YC

mscdivina2016

2 hours ago, phissy said:

We never got an email for our cruise next year in October.
Was to be Splendida.  It has been changed to Seaside , different month and different itinerary.  Also, was 12 day changed to 7 day asking same fare.

No notice from MSC regarding the change.
After these two weeks on board, we will cancel our next two cruises with MSC. 
Hope that they get it together. 
Spent too much time dealing with problems and errors this trip.

We were on that same cruise, same thing, never notified. I’ll never understand how they can do that and think it’s ok. Didn’t even leave same day or go to the same ports. Well we doing Royal Caribbean out of Barcelona instead I wasn’t taking a chance with them again over there. 

After these two weeks on board, we will cancel our next two cruises with MSC. 
Hope that they get it together. 
Spent too much time dealing with problems and errors this trip.

What ship and what issues? Getting ready board Meraviglia on Sunday 

13 hours ago, kidless said:

What ship and what issues? Getting ready board Meraviglia on Sunday 

We will pass each other on Sunday.  
The issues we have had may or may not effect you , on your cruise.

-Starting with embarkation, which was Miami. YC tent up but no MSC personnel.

There was a group of about 30 sitting on our suitcases. No place to sit provided. It was hot and sunny and small tent was not sufficient.

A terminal porter came with luggage cart. Most did not want to end up their “chairs”.

Our embarkation time was 10:30. A little after 11 some butlers came and were confused what to do.

Took 2 1/2 hours to get to ship lounge to wait again. We just went up for lunch since we knew where to go.

-Re embarkation, a week later, took 3 hours with making us walk up and down 3 flights of stairs ( twice) . Again,  no one knew what tot do.

-ship board account messed up on multiple occasions. Spent a lot of time with Concierge getting charges fixed. One was charging each of us for our “included” internet. Took 5 days to get it credited. 
We had a group of about 35 on our RollCall. Since I was on week before, I spoke with Event Manager at Diamond cocktail party. I asked if our group of CC could have “unofficial” M&G in Sky Lounge. I have him day and time we had decided. He said he would get approval and let me know.

Received confirmation for this , once a day, from concierge. Kept asking if was still on. YES, thanks so much.

Well, when I showed up that afternoon, cleaning crew in lounge. I asked if they heard of small event. No idea…no one else there.

We all stood around , thinking we had wrong day or wrong location. Felt very awkward.

Finally, someone had great idea to move group to aft bar and pool area. (Horizon Bar and pool) 

Drink waiters and bar tender stepped up. Quickly pulled tables and chairs together and brought drinks for all. They were the hero’s . Many thanks to Jo Jo and Jay. We had great sunset and great M & G.

When I followed up with event director, he acted like it should have been fine. Denied that cleaning crew was there etc.  Once again, typical MSC.

We are in YC, and we had decided to get the RS since we wanted to celebrate our anniversary.

We have been in RS , on this ship before. This time, included items before are now for a charge.
I had to convince concierge on using cabana on board. Before, there was sign inside cabana “Reserved for 15008”

This time sign said, “ This cabana may be reserved see Concierge “.

We had many sea days and had expected it. He said they  are available for fee per day. We could perhaps have a day or two. NO..

we are on 2 weeks and want it each day. He finally put our names on the reservation list for cabana, each day. 
Ship at low capacity, reported about 900 this week. 
Thanksgiving this week, so YC had lots of families 🙄. Capacity reported at 122.

Main ship and pool area are great since everyone can get loungers and drinks. We actually went down there as we enjoyed it more.

We went down to Marketplace buffet a couple times to dinner. YC Butler came down ( you have a tracking bracelet) and asked why we were there.

My husband wanted to say, None of your business.

We enjoyed the Marketplace food and buffet had the best music at dinner. (R &B).

It was very empty , easy to just have quiet time ( sing along with music)

Bottom line, you will enjoy the ship and your cruise. Weather this next week looks great.

• Like 1

We will pass each other on Sunday.  
The issues we have had may or may not effect you , on your cruise.

-Starting with embarkation, which was Miami. YC tent up but no MSC personnel.

There was a group of about 30 sitting on our suitcases. No place to sit provided. It was hot and sunny and small tent was not sufficient.

A terminal porter came with luggage cart. Most did not want to end up their “chairs”.

Our embarkation time was 10:30. A little after 11 some butlers came and were confused what to do.

Took 2 1/2 hours to get to ship lounge to wait again. We just went up for lunch since we knew where to go.

-Re embarkation, a week later, took 3 hours with making us walk up and down 3 flights of stairs ( twice) . Again,  no one knew what tot do.

-ship board account messed up on multiple occasions. Spent a lot of time with Concierge getting charges fixed. One was charging each of us for our “included” internet. Took 5 days to get it credited. 
We had a group of about 35 on our RollCall. Since I was on week before, I spoke with Event Manager at Diamond cocktail party. I asked if our group of CC could have “unofficial” M&G in Sky Lounge. I have him day and time we had decided. He said he would get approval and let me know.

Received confirmation for this , once a day, from concierge. Kept asking if was still on. YES, thanks so much.

Well, when I showed up that afternoon, cleaning crew in lounge. I asked if they heard of small event. No idea…no one else there.

We all stood around , thinking we had wrong day or wrong location. Felt very awkward.

Finally, someone had great idea to move group to aft bar and pool area. (Horizon Bar and pool) 

Drink waiters and bar tender stepped up. Quickly pulled tables and chairs together and brought drinks for all. They were the hero’s . Many thanks to Jo Jo and Jay. We had great sunset and great M & G.

When I followed up with event director, he acted like it should have been fine. Denied that cleaning crew was there etc.  Once again, typical MSC.

We are in YC, and we had decided to get the RS since we wanted to celebrate our anniversary.

We have been in RS , on this ship before. This time, included items before are now for a charge.
I had to convince concierge on using cabana on board. Before, there was sign inside cabana “Reserved for 15008”

This time sign said, “ This cabana may be reserved see Concierge “.

We had many sea days and had expected it. He said they  are available for fee per day. We could perhaps have a day or two. NO..

we are on 2 weeks and want it each day. He finally put our names on the reservation list for cabana, each day. 
Ship at low capacity, reported about 900 this week. 
Thanksgiving this week, so YC had lots of families 🙄. Capacity reported at 122.

Main ship and pool area are great since everyone can get loungers and drinks. We actually went down there as we enjoyed it more.

We went down to Marketplace buffet a couple times to dinner. YC Butler came down ( you have a tracking bracelet) and asked why we were there.

My husband wanted to say, None of your business.

We enjoyed the Marketplace food and buffet had the best music at dinner. (R &B).

It was very empty , easy to just have quiet time ( sing along with music)

Bottom line, you will enjoy the ship and your cruise. Weather this next week looks great.

Thanks so much for all of that! I hope they have figured out what to do. We are in yacht club with 10am boarding. In October they seem to have it together at Port Canaveral let’s hope they do again. No meet & greet as we have had very little interaction on cc or fb for this week hoping that means not many on board. Last I looked and still a ton of cabins in YC available don’t know if people can get complimentary upgrades at port if not be a small group.  What do they charge for cabana’s on board? Our October cruise on Divina was absolutely wonderful Meraviglia has a lot to live up to! 

I think Port Canaveral is much better organized. It should smoothly.

MSC staff onboard did say they were expecting much less this next week. 😁

It is strange to walk through Deck 6 during the day and not see anyone. Or during the show on ceiling, just a few taking pictures. Before, could not find a place to stand.

Feels like a ghost ship.
YC cabana -I believe it is (or was) $99 on sea days and $59 on port days for cabana on YC pool deck.( Per day)

On OC, it is $499. Not included with RS.

Edited by phissy

30 minutes ago, kidless said:

Thanks so much for all of that! I hope they have figured out what to do. We are in yacht club with 10am boarding. In October they seem to have it together at Port Canaveral let’s hope they do again. No meet & greet as we have had very little interaction on cc or fb for this week hoping that means not many on board. Last I looked and still a ton of cabins in YC available don’t know if people can get complimentary upgrades at port if not be a small group.  What do they charge for cabana’s on board? Our October cruise on Divina was absolutely wonderful Meraviglia has a lot to live up to! 

I checked YC capacity on Mera in late September.  Up until last week, only about 60% full then many more rooms filled.  Can only guess upgrades but it never felt full.

We had no boarding issues in Miami.  I'm wondering if some of that was due to Seashore being there and sounds like they moved Mera to a different pier.  We'll have to see if issues continue.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, phissy said:

I think Port Canaveral is much better organized. It should smoothly.

MSC staff onboard did say they were expecting much less this next week. 😁

It is strange to walk through Deck 6 during the day and not see anyone. Or during the show on ceiling, just a few taking pictures. Before, could not find a place to stand.

Feels like a ghost ship.
YC cabana -I believe it is (or was) $99 on sea days and $59 on port days for cabana on YC pool deck.( Per day)

On OC, it is $499. Not included with RS.

We were able to have one of the three cabanas on the ship each day without asking.  It was a bit weird though as we had the first one the first day which I think was better for a couple reasons.  It has a glass shade over the whole top and the three couples in the last one smoked heavily despite it not being a smoking area.

Then the butler would say 'we'll have your cabana, meaning the first one, for you tomorrow' yet we'd show up and the other RS had it. As far as the island, while not a big deal, I think they should let the RS have one if not occupied.  On our sailing, only like two or three were occupied and you are paying double for the room.  It would be nice if they threw in a couple perks.  But now if they are charging $7 for extra Twix??

Edited by dexddd
  • Like 1

And $8.00 for a jar of nuts.🙄

There were  people next to us who “reserved” cabana all week.
That is another story ….self proclaimed MSC YC travel agency owners.

They set up an “ office” in cabana.

They smoked cigars and cigarettes all day, in cabana. Ugh. 

Edited by phissy

39 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Is smoking allowed? If not, why did they not say anything?

No it is not, should have gone to smoking area.

But, they were on other side of the glass from there.

They had hats and t shirts with MSC YC logo on them. They went around and chatted up  everyone in YC.

Gave out MSC YC pens to guests and Meraviglia pins they had made .

Not sure if MSC YC logo is copyrighted, but seems to be a material misrepresentation.

Loud , self promoters. From Florida, not sure what city.
Claimed they represented MSC YC as travel agents…greased the palms of every employee they came across. 
Did notice YC Director came up and sign was gone after that. 
They loudly asked for YC Chef to come up and take their order for lunch. Also, made big production about having YC prepare special dinner for them.  
My BS detector was going off constantly. 
Actually made being up in cabana unpleasant. 
Did not want to get into a confrontation with them. We just left early each afternoon.

Not sure if pic from phone shows sign OK? ( cannot get it to air drop)

image.jpg

Edited by phissy

45 minutes ago, phissy said:

No it is not, should have gone to smoking area.

But, they were on other side of the glass from there.

They had hats and t shirts with MSC YC logo on them. They went around and chatted up  everyone in YC.

Gave out MSC YC pens to guests and Meraviglia pins they had made .

Not sure if MSC YC logo is copyrighted, but seems to be a material misrepresentation.

Loud , self promoters. From Florida, not sure what city.
Claimed they represented MSC YC as travel agents…greased the palms of every employee they came across. 
Did notice YC Director came up and sign was gone after that. 
They loudly asked for YC Chef to come up and take their order for lunch. Also, made big production about having YC prepare special dinner for them.  
My BS detector was going off constantly. 
Actually made being up in cabana unpleasant. 
Did not want to get into a confrontation with them. We just left early each afternoon.

Not sure if pic from phone shows sign OK? ( cannot get it to air drop)

image.jpg

Lisa and Troy,  from Port St. Lucie, Florida

22 hours ago, kidless said:

We just got cleared by Port Authority so disembarkation is 2 hours behind.

Embarkation will also be delayed, I am assuming.

19 hours ago, phissy said:

And $8.00 for a jar of nuts.🙄

There were  people next to us who “reserved” cabana all week.
That is another story ….self proclaimed MSC YC travel agency owners.

They set up an “ office” in cabana.

They smoked cigars and cigarettes all day, in cabana. Ugh. 

While reading this I was thinking it was same group we encountered but they didn't have the sign.  They were talking about coming back in the Fall.  Generally drunk, obnoxious, swearing.  The one lady kept talking about how she knew all the brass on all the lines, blah blah blah.

13 minutes ago, dexddd said:

While reading this I was thinking it was same group we encountered but they didn't have the sign.  They were talking about coming back in the Fall.  Generally drunk, obnoxious, swearing.  The one lady kept talking about how she knew all the brass on all the lines, blah blah blah.

We had the same misfortune of "meeting" them as you did, on Seaside in 2018.  I think at that time, they weren't travel agents. They just copied the MSC YC logo, and then paraded their merchandise all over the ship. But even then, they seemed to believe they 'owned' The One Deck.

We just got cleared by Port Authority so disembarkation is 2 hours behind.

Embarkation will also be delayed, I am assuming.

Yep we were. Stood outside shivering. Been very chaotic and basic cluster #F  *Wish you were still on  board!