Arcadia Balconies

snaefell

We are looking at a cruise on Arcadia in 2023 when hopefully things will be a bit more normal,never been on Arcadia before & was wondering if anybody could give hints on the best balcony cabins to choose or if any suites are really worth the extra cost please guys.

29 minutes ago, snaefell said:

We are looking at a cruise on Arcadia in 2023 when hopefully things will be a bit more normal,never been on Arcadia before & was wondering if anybody could give hints on the best balcony cabins to choose or if any suites are really worth the extra cost please guys.

It depends what you want. The aft corner suites have a big wraparound balcony and the suite itself is a good size. One drawback with the aft suite is that if you have breakfast in Sindhu, which is exclusively for suite guests and much recommended, it is quite a walk, but well worth it. Last time we were on Arcadia (a couple of years ago), decor was a bit dated but by 2023 it may have been refreshed.

47 minutes ago, pete14 said:

It depends what you want. The aft corner suites have a big wraparound balcony and the suite itself is a good size. One drawback with the aft suite is that if you have breakfast in Sindhu, which is exclusively for suite guests and much recommended, it is quite a walk, but well worth it. Last time we were on Arcadia (a couple of years ago), decor was a bit dated but by 2023 it may have been refreshed.

Hopefully it is being refreshed in the North East, at the moment.

I'll let you know when we go onboard in March.

Having been on all of them (except Iona), Arcadia is the only ship in the P&O fleet that we don’t like   It’s not a big ship, small ship thing as our favourites are Aurora and Britannia! However, the one upside of our cruise on her was our B deck aft corner wrap suite which, whilst dated, was very nice. We didn’t hear a sound from outside the suite, day or night, and the balcony was lovely, being part covered and part shade . I would recommend it.

However, as we learned on a ships tour prior to our cruise on her, there is one deck where the balconies on the aft corner suites are awful (very deep and completely covered) which makes the suite very dark and oppressive and the outlook akin to looking through a tunnel. From memory I’m guessing it was D deck but I’m not 100% sure so it’s worth checking. 

5 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Having been on all of them (except Iona), Arcadia is the only ship in the P&O fleet that we don’t like   It’s not a big ship, small ship thing as our favourites are Aurora and Britannia! However, the one upside of our cruise on her was our B deck aft corner wrap suite which, whilst dated, was very nice. We didn’t hear a sound from outside the suite, day or night, and the balcony was lovely, being part covered and part shade . I would recommend it.

However, as we learned on a ships tour prior to our cruise on her, there is one deck where the balconies on the aft corner suites are awful (very deep and completely covered) which makes the suite very dark and oppressive and the outlook akin to looking through a tunnel. From memory I’m guessing it was D deck but I’m not 100% sure so it’s worth checking. 

I have no experience of suites on any ship, so obviously if you require a suite, Selbourne's comments are weell worth considering.

However, for non-suite pax, Arcadia is pretty damn good. Make the most of her before she gets sold off in the next couple of years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

^This       💔

Arcadia's standard balconies are bigger than those of her fleet mates.

Absolutely,  and her standard balcony cabins are the same size as superior deluxe balcony cabins (or whatever  the description is) on other ships.

And, we love the theatre,  especially the boxes !

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 3:39 PM, snaefell said:

Plenty of pictures on my last Arcadia cruise...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2019/10/28/arcadias-canadian-round-trip/

33526994_CabinC362Balcony.jpg.418144be2f75e046c48978a6d52368f9.jpg

• Like 3

Travelled in E185 corner suite, as others have said room o.k. and large wrap round balcony.  The noise and vibration were enough to prevent either of us sleeping properly for the duration of the cruise, something that we have not experienced with any other aft room.

Arcadia has an Azipod propulsion system which differs from the other P&O ships.  I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that was the reason.  Clearly it's not an issue if you are higher up.  

We have only booked standard balconies on Arcadia and have no problem with them. As mentioned above, the cabins are larger than the 'usual' standard balcony and have a sitting area that can be curtained off, which would be advertised as deluxe balcony on other ships. The only thing we didn't like were the balcony doors which could be difficult to open sometimes when at sea, as they weren't the usual sliding type. A minor detail, but it's worth mentioning.

Avril

On 11/23/2021 at 3:39 PM, snaefell said:

Here are some pictures of B165 Sydney Suite which we were very happy with. 

BEB0A481-D7CC-45BF-B288-07389E395C76.jpeg

D261DF2D-2FF9-4892-A9AE-AD14944B7F38.jpeg

31923549-81DA-488C-A9A2-31791F249BE8.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks again guys,much appreciated.

Selbourne that reminds me of our art corner suite on Britannia which we really liked,it was wasted in a way as we just didn't use the seating area,which seemed to have too much furniture in it,not to mention a blooming long walk from the Crows Nest at the end of a long hard night!

We have decided that with the balconies being a decent size we will go for a balcony suite rather than a suite at nearly twice the price,just trying to decide where to head for,we normally like high cabins.

6 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Standard balcony on Arcadia was good for us - no issues at all - same with Aurora.

We prefer Aurora as the balconies are very private - being totally enclosed in a wrap around type of shell.

paul

We found the standard balcony on Aurora to be far too enclosed and it was not very good for sunbathing, as well as being far too narrow. Quite a while since we were on Arcadia, but we did like the space they offered.

18 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Just had a quick look on MarineTraffic.  Looks like Arcadia snuck out of Newcastle a few days ago.  Currently of the Scottish coast heading back.  Due back tomorrow.

Didn't she leave port so as to avoid the bad weather over the week end ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Didn't she leave port so as to avoid the bad weather over the week end ?

I think so.   She also left port a couple of weekends ago for a wander off the East Coast.   Discharging grey water likely.   But this time, as SoA said, has been for a trip off Aberdeen.

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2021 at 10:44 PM, wowzz said:

However, for non-suite pax, Arcadia is pretty damn good. Make the most of her before she gets sold off in the next couple of years.

Hi...Is this factual news about Arcadia being sold off, or just chinese whispers?. I can't find any posting to support this.

51 minutes ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

Hi...Is this factual news about Arcadia being sold off, or just chinese whispers?. I can't find any posting to support this.

Not factual news,  but  Arcadia will eventually be sold (obviously), the only debate being when.