Itinerary Change for Caribbean Princess, December 5, Western Caribbean

geoherb

I just found out that the itinerary for the December 5 cruise of the Caribbean has changed again. We won't be stopping at Princess Cays on our first full day. We'll be stopping in Nassau instead on the last full day. The dates for our other ports have been changed as well. Some people on the roll call who made private arrangements for excursions are having to make changes. I have not received an official notice of the change yet. Perhaps it went to my travel agent. Someone else reported receiving an email. This makes the second time that the itinerary has changed. Back in September, Princess changed it from going to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios to going to Belize and Costa Maya. 

I once gave the wrong date to a private tour (Panama was listed twice on the itinerary, once for the sail through the canal and then a second time for the stop even though both were on the same day) and when I emailed the tour company to correct it, they told me "it's no problem.  That was why we asked you which ship you were sailing on.  We caught the mistake at the time of booking, and monitor changes with the ship's itineraries and adjust accordingly."  Hopefully, the private tours will be able to do that (although the passengers certainly should notify private tour operators as soon as they are aware of the changes.  I hope that you prefer the ship's changes and that covid doesn't make things keep moving.

No. I'm not happy about losing our day at Princess Cays. Seeing the recent reports about there on live threads made me look forward to going even more. Princess made changes to the itineraries of the January cruises 12 days ago. I had hoped my cruise was spared. But now just 12 days before sailing, Princess decides to make this change. 

For those people who want to get off the ship, at least our change is better than the other cruises. We'll be in Nassau from noon until 7 p.m. The other cruises will be there from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m. The eastern Caribbean itineraries of the CB still have Princess Cays scheduled on their first full day (Monday).

I'm on the 2/27 Western Caribbean sailing of the Caribbean Princess and have been inquiring about port changes for two weeks since I have been reading here that these itineraries have been changed.  PVP says that the itinerary for our sailing is still the same, Princess Cays, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  My final payment is 11/29 and we need to decide to either cancel or just go with the flow and decide to cruise no matter the itinerary as i can see the handwriting on the wall.

3 hours ago, bonship said:

We are sailing on Caribbean Princess this coming Sunday and are still scheduled for Princess Cays.  Wondering why some sailings changed to Nassau.

It looks like the eastern Caribbean itineraries like yours are still going to Princess Cays on Mondays. It's the western Caribbean itineraries like mine that are subbing Nassau. Some of them are going to Nassau on Mondays, the first full day. Mine is going on Saturday, the last full day.

7 hours ago, bonship said:

We are sailing on Caribbean Princess this coming Sunday and are still scheduled for Princess Cays.  Wondering why some sailings changed to Nassau.

3 hours ago, geoherb said:

It looks like the eastern Caribbean itineraries like yours are still going to Princess Cays on Mondays. It's the western Caribbean itineraries like mine that are subbing Nassau. Some of them are going to Nassau on Mondays, the first full day. Mine is going on Saturday, the last full day.

I believe the Western voyages tend to use Grand Turk and its cruise center is closed until December.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe the Western voyages tend to use Grand Turk and its cruise center is closed until December.

Perhaps, but Princess Cays has been on the itinerary for many months. Grand Turk wasn't on it ever that I know of. I don't understand the last-minute change. Princess changed the itineraries of the subsequent western Caribbean cruises two weeks ago.