Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'll be bringing my usual Louis Vuitton bag on shore with me... Contents: a little more than four thousand pesos, three hundred American dollars, my hat (so my head doesn't get sunburn), handi wipes, my hand drawn map, rebound patches and a handful of Flyby and DHM pills, a pen, and an assortment of masks, which I don't know if I'll need...

PXL_20211129_142430400.jpg

You certainly seem prepared!  Have Fun !

• Like 1

With a bit of luck, I'll be posting from Cozumel if their cellular network allows... If not, then hopefully I don't experience the fiasco that ensued last night trying to get back onto the ships WiFi... Looks like we're completely tied off now, but still haven't received clearance... I bet those people over there on the Breeze wish they were here... Nothing against the Breeze, actually it was my second and third solo cruise back in 2014 and early 2015...

PXL_20211129_144942657.jpg

• Like 8

On 11/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, sid_9169 said:

I went down to try and get a large bottle of water to replace the one in the room... They said that I could get one, but I would have to pay full price for it, they're not included with Cheers. I always thought that you could get one at dinner, yet they refused me one last night at Rudi's. The guy looked in the system, and he says "you bought one last night at Rudi's"... I told him that they said I couldn't. He said that they were "holding on to it there"... So, you're telling me that they are holding a half a bottle of water there with my name on it?... 

So, basically I can get a hundred bottles of the small water, but not the big ones... Anyhoo, I didn't want to argue with the guy. 

Then, I went to guest services to see if I could trade my other pre paid reservation for Rudi's for the steakhouse. There were about six people in the "regular" line, and four or five in the "priority" line. All of the sudden, everyone in the regular line said "hey, wait. We're priority"... So, she told them to get in the other line. So, now I'm the only one in the regular line, and they called me up to the counter. Then all the people in the priority line began to grumble because they were helping me instead of them... They said that they could trade my reservation, but I would have to deal with the people at the steakhouse in order to do it. They said that it appeared that the steakhouse was sold out for the entire rest of the cruise. Worst case scenario, I end up eating at Rudi's again...

We were able to get big bottles of still and sparkling water with Cheers last month on Mardi Gras. We would each get one at dinner, drink one and bring the other back to the room. 

• Like 1

We've been cleared for takeoff... I'm going to slowly start making my way down soon. Something tells me I'm not really going to get any value out of my Cheers plan today... Good thing it was completely covered by OBC...

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'll be bringing my usual Louis Vuitton bag on shore with me... Contents: a little more than four thousand pesos, three hundred American dollars, my hat (so my head doesn't get sunburn), handi wipes, my hand drawn map, rebound patches and a handful of Flyby and DHM pills, a pen, and an assortment of masks, which I don't know if I'll need...

I was just thinking to myself, "does this dude ever wear a hat?" I'm hair challenged and light skinned like you and I never take one off when I'm south of the mason-dixon line, let alone in the Caribbean. Mystery solved. 

Edited by lilchuckie
  • Like 1

Just now, DeanDeeDee said:

When we were in Cozumel last month, I took your advise and booked Black Hat Tours.  It was a great day touring parts of Cozumel with Cresencio that we had never seen before.  Enjoy your day!

Me and Crescencio go all the way back to my second ever solo cruise on the Breeze... He's definitely a great guy, and guide. He's been trying to get me to check out other things, but somehow in Cozumel, I'm just happy to get back to the places that I love... I will be hopefully trying out a couple of new places today...

• Like 8

I'm back on the ship now from my adventure in Cozumel, where I visited no less than six different places on my search for the greatest margarita on Earth... Let's just say that all the ones that I had today were better than anything I've had here on the Mardi Gras... No offense to the great bartenders here, but these were all "NEXT LEVEL"... I'm going to take a quick shower, since I just walked for awhile in the rain, and I'll return... Oh, it only took me about ten different trys to get hooked back up to the ships internet this time... A new record. More in a bit.........

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm back on the ship now from my adventure in Cozumel, where I visited no less than six different places on my search for the greatest margarita on Earth... Let's just say that all the ones that I had today were better than anything I've had here on the Mardi Gras... No offense to the great bartenders here, but these were all "NEXT LEVEL"... I'm going to take a quick shower, since I just walked for awhile in the rain, and I'll return... Oh, it only took me about ten different trys to get hooked back up to the ships internet this time... A new record. More in a bit.........

giphy.gif

• Like 7

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I love the bag… it’s the same Louis Vitton bag except it says Walmart on it lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shower number two of the day is in the books, and amazingly I was able to reconnect to the WiFi without breaking anything... My driver, Crescencio was right there where I expected him to be when I exited the port area, and we were off. It's been since February of 2019 that I was last here, and I had some places that I needed to go... It's like when the Rolling Stones come to town after a long time. You don't give a hoot about their newest songs. You want the hits, and you want them NOW... 

We slowly started making our way around the island in a counterclockwise direction, and after a bit, arrived at one of my all time favorite beach bars on the Planet... Okay, it's in the top two, and I visited both today... Miami Bar, AKA: Coconut Cabana, AKA: 25 Hour Bar is the epitome of a ramshackle beach bar... There are no walls, nor even a floor, other than the sand, but it's Heaven on Earth if you fancy a great and fresh adult beverage. Their margarita is singularly unique, and there's nothing else like it anywhere. They literally cut the fresh fruit right there on the bar in front of you, and squeeze it straight into your cup. There are no mixers here, only the very freshest ingredients. I ordered my usual, which is their unique twist on a margarita, with fresh lime, fresh grapefruit, Don Julio Reposado, Controy, and a couple of other "secret" ingredients... There's nothing else like it, and I wanted to have more than one, but I knew how much liquor they put in it, and I needed to make it through the day... Here's a few pics...

PXL_20211129_160517682.thumb.jpg.7595f28afa99948fb3b1c6d440aa61f4.jpg

PXL_20211129_160532400.thumb.jpg.fb9f02562e7d6682f7ca5415c4fddddc.jpg

PXL_20211129_160843862.thumb.jpg.d7c06887d43571bdb29867e1975415b6.jpg

PXL_20211129_160852344.thumb.jpg.9cc0b95ccb13015f065487b0dc05a980.jpg

PXL_20211129_160930166.jpg

• Like 17

I also wanted some of their special seafood stew, made fresh on sight. King crab, lobster, and fish, in a broth that will knock your socks off... Standing there in the sand, right at the counter, I was transported to another World...

PXL_20211129_163233605.thumb.jpg.6f2592ecbe5e2950259fb9a84faa2061.jpg

PXL_20211129_163334405.thumb.jpg.d09c9f4de193477fb89631ab2b62f13a.jpg

PXL_20211129_163430192.thumb.jpg.c376caf6a6d62da5177ac6fbc415456e.jpg

PXL_20211129_163443957.thumb.jpg.25a7379b40a4b48ac01114548d5be459.jpg

PXL_20211129_163539334.jpg

• Like 20