The Sanctuary and Thermal Suite

mark46

These both seem like choices for seas days and perhaps other days.  What do you all think?

Are there daily passes for each?  Are they worth it.

I suppose the benefits of the Sanctuary will be greater when the ships are more full.

There's nightmarish posts further down of people who have taken to camping outside the cruise terminal for weeks before embarkation, trampling overs to race onboard and running like the wind to get to the santuary and still finding it fully booked.

• Haha 3

It is very difficult to get the Sanctuary reservations with so many cruisers going on B2Bs… or B2B2Bs.  These folks get first shot at the Sanctuary before new passengers board.  I am on a B2B in February and hope to finally get a couple days in the Sanctuary on one of my cruises.  

Judy

Sanctuary running is a real thing I've seen it, and by some definitions have done it.  Not the pushing / shouldering ahead and the like, but heading there directly upon boarding for the line up.  We've had generally good success and love the Sanctuary experience.  Sometimes though it's completely full, from day one, other trips there are chairs available on a walk up basis most days, really depends on where you're sailing and when.  Warm weather destinations pull in a lot of full cruise bookings.  You're right assuming sea days are most popular.

One thing to know is the chairs are in fixed positions, you'll be allowed to reposition slightly for shade (or sun) but broadly speaking they have to remain where they are.  Choose carefully as you'll be "stuck" with your choice for the cruise assuming you make a full cruise booking.  Stewards use a chair map to record bookings and return chairs to their "home" position when they are unoccupied or each evening.  

I look at the Sanctuary as a very nice to have alternative but failing to get a space wouldn't in any sense ruin my cruise.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:23 AM, San10s said:

It is very difficult to get the Sanctuary reservations with so many cruisers going on B2Bs… or B2B2Bs.  These folks get first shot at the Sanctuary before new passengers board.  I am on a B2B in February and hope to finally get a couple days in the Sanctuary on one of my cruises.  

Judy

I just don’t see why this is so special. Been there. Done that. I guess sitting there and reading for hours is nice. The snacks are ok.We have a balcony so much prefer sitting out there to hear ocean, ….I used it for an hour once, and decided I would rather move around other places on ship.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 12:07 PM, jimbo1683 said:

There's nightmarish posts further down of people who have taken to camping outside the cruise terminal for weeks before embarkation, trampling overs to race onboard and running like the wind to get to the santuary and still finding it fully booked.

Cannot believe this would be that important to some to fall prey to such ridiculous behavior