Group Travel Insurance for Family

BOAZ5

Hello,

I know there is an insurance board, but for some reason it does not give me an option to post a new topic.  I can only reply to existing threads on that board.  So, I am posting here.  😀

Will be doing a family cruise for 15 people.  We will be getting our own travel insurance rather than purchasing from the cruise line.  I assuming we could purchase a policy for our upcoming trip with 15 people.  My in-laws are paying for this one and I thought it would make things simpler to purchase one policy for everyone.  I am trying to think of pros and cons of purchasing one policy for 15 people.  Going to call and talk it through with travel insurance company, but wanted to pick your experienced brains because you guys rock!!  THANKS!!!

The only issue I know of would be that policies typically require everyone covered to reside in the sme state, since insurance sales are regulated state by state.  If everyone resides in one state you've cleared that hurdle.  Then the question would come down to the individual company's rules about how many people can be covered under one policy. 

Since travel insurance premium costs are typically affected by the insured's age, it may not be the most cost-effective way to have everyone covered under one policy, as you may get better coverage for less for a younger person/people.  So you'd want to shop all your options.  

I've found the site squaremouth.com to be an easy place to compare, and if you run into a question, you can get a representative by phone to help. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

2 hours ago, BOAZ5 said:

I know there is an insurance board, but for some reason it does not give me an option to post a new topic.

That board seems to be working fine. There’s a “start new topic” button, and when I click it, I get a box to create a new thread. Try logging out and then log back in, then try that forum again. Good luck. 

(Besides all needing to live in the same state, unless all 15 of you will be traveling on the same dates, it’s hard to see how you can do this, since the policy will need trip departure and return dates to determine when certain benefits kick in. In any event, you need an expert here. I’d call Steve Dasseos at the Trip Insurance Store.)

• Like 1