Lido menu

jimbo1683

I found a menu on Cunard's website for the Lido evening alternative dining (not the buffet). I thought I had read somewhere that the theme of this changes regularly. The menu I found has some not very inspiring 'British and European favourites' on it which won't encourage me to spend $25 pp extra. Is this the standard cuisine for that restaurant and my memory of reading about changing themes is wrong?

You raise a very good question, @jimbo1683. I wonder if a change is afoot. In the past, the alternative dining venue at the Lido / Kings Court did indeed have specific themes which changed every few days. Those themes were Aztec (Mexican), Coriander (Indian), Bamboo (Asian), La Piazza (Italian) and Smokehouse (American).

However, I see no evidence of that on the main Cunard website any more. All I'm seeing now is this page: Dinner at the Lido. That page contains much of the same things as you have reported with no indication of specific themes. It does state "Each night at the Lido introduces a fresh selection of dishes..." for what that's worth.

Daily programmes @rakkor posted from one the QE staycation voyages in August also simply refer to "Dinner at the Lido" with no mention of specific themes. Perhaps he or someone else who has been on a recent QE voyage can confirm the current format for the Lido alternative dining restaurant.

Not meaning to start another dress code debate here, but I also note the "Dinner at the Lido" page states "you'll be free to dine in casual or smart attire (jacket optional) so there’s no requirement to dress up if you don’t want to." It would appear the Lido / Kings Court alternative dining restaurant may have become one of the casual evening venues now. The Lido / Kings Court buffet is a casual venue of course, but the dress code had applied to the alternative dining restaurant portion of the Lido / Kings Court in the past.

• Like 1