Kids Club

jgoodm

Hi All,

I have seen posts referring to limited kids club but can anyone shine additional light on this?

I understand I should sign up right away but what does that entail?  Sign up one time and have access for the entire cruise as usual for drop off and pick up whenever once enrolled or do you have to pre-schedule all times you want them at kids club?  That seems a big onerous if that’s the case. 

Thanks. 

J

My daughter was in the kids club for our first few cruises with RCC on several different ships.  We couldn't keep her away from there,  she loved it.  She wanted to stay there all day and night if we would let her.  If I'm not mistaken when you register them they get a wrist band and you can tell them food preferences allergies etc.  You can also specify if they can check themselves in and out (I believe as my wife usually set this up).  They can also stay later than normal for a couple extra dollars.   My daughter is 13 now and today we will be boarding the Allure out of Ft. Lauderdale for an 8 day cruise.  Now she will be in the teens club.  

• Like 1

In Oct (Symphony) - we were initially allocated 10 hours, then walk-in times if space was available.  We went to the Kids Club immediately upon boarding and set up 2 hours every morning.  Never had an issue for walk-in.  Also, were able to have all adults in our family group do a drop off or a pick-up with no issue. The staff inside the kids club was FABULOUS! 

• Like 1

So hard to know when you will want the kids in kids club or not scheduled in advance. Walk-in has always been key for me.  The kids beg to go whenever I will let them.  🙂 

I hope once you're in the system they don't make walk-in tough to get.  The disappointment of getting there and leaving without getting in won't be fun for any of us.  

My kids are 10 and will be fully vaxxed by sailing date. I wonder if that will make a difference...  Probably some of the few.  We got vaxxed within 48 hours of approval.  We make fully vaxxed three days prior to sailing.

• Like 1

I've been looking into this topic as well. From what I can decipher, the first day you're allowed to sign up for a limited number of hours - I've seen 12 and 15 referenced. Then you can go back and sign up for more day 2 and onward. Most folks are reporting they've had no problems signing up for the times they wanted. However, I'm wondering if people coming back from Thanksgiving cruises will have different experiences as those tend to be kid heavy sailings.

I'm planning to sail during February break with some family and my 4 year old twins but without my husband who has to work. If I can only get 12 kids club hours for the whole week it may make me rethink going.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I'm an alumni of many kids programs.  It's just a one-time sign up thing, then you just drop them off at the programs of interest.

Have you cruised with kids recently? I believe there might be capacity limits due to covid restrictions.

• Like 1

We just got off the Harmony thanksgiving cruise with our 4 year old. The kids club is broken into time blocks: 9am-12, 2-5pm, and 7-10pm. For her class (3-5 year olds) we were allowed to sign her up for 2 time blocks for the entire 7 day cruise. They said this is to allow for all parents to sign their kids up. We were able to select more time blocks after the 3rd day of the cruise, but it was very limited. They were only allowing 15 kids in the class during each session, and we had over 500 kids on the cruise. For the older classes, parents were only able to sign up for one session up front so at least we did not have it that bad. If you are not cruising during a holiday you may be fine, but if it is a holiday prepare for limited kids club time. 

39 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Have you cruised with kids recently? I believe there might be capacity limits due to covid restrictions.

Yes, just before the shutdown, I went with my niece.  That was my last cruise.

We're going with her again in April as well.

Edited by broadwaybaby123