Koningsdam: best deck/location for Verandah cabin?

janmcn

I'm sure most people in this group have seen my video before, 😁  but this was our room on the Koningsdam in 2019.  We were in room 4191, Beethoven deck, in one of the aft extended balconies.  the fore of the ship has extended balconies well, but the first 9 rooms have a steel balcony....i.e., not glass below the railing edge

However,  fore or aft may not be for you:  Neither my DH or myself are prone to seasickness, and we were lucky, with very little motion...It was a calm Caribbean cruise.

I would do one of these rooms again in a heartbeat.

L.

4 hours ago, waiting2retire said:

I prefer aft (straight up to the aft view pool and straight down to the main dining room) and the Beethoven deck because the balconies are deeper and I find them more comfortable to stretch out on. 

We just got off the K-dam this morning.  Had Aft 4213.  Loved it.

1 hour ago, SDARCH said:

We just got off the K-dam this morning.  Had Aft 4213.  Loved it.

That’s so weird.  I vacated that room when you got on.  I found the vibration was very bad the first night in that room.  After that it was ok.  I have had rooms over the wake before.  Usually not that much vibration. This is a vista balcony not a regular balcony room and I didn’t think it was worth the extra over a regular balcony.  I moved from 4171 due to getting this as a reasonable upsell.  I actually preferred 4171.

We have two cruises in 2022 aboard the Rotterdam, sister ship to the Koningsdam VC Verandahs on Deck 6, Mozart Deck. One is a 7-day to the Caribbean and the other is the 15-day WB Transatlantic in October. These will be the first time in a Verandah aboard the Pinnacle Class. We have spent twenty days in a Gershwin Deck Vista Suite aboard the Nieuw Statendam in 2019 and in two weeks we will be in a Mozart Deck Vista Suite on the Koningsdam. There is not much difference between the Verandah and Vista to recommend the Vista other than the midship location but we got great prices for both Vistas.

With regards to choice, we have VC 6162 for one and VC 6181 for the other cruise, both which are just after the two sets of connecting rooms by the elevators. The Pinnacles stow the lifeboats a bit further out so we like to be in the middle bump out or the aft sides by the elevators. Deck 7, Schubert Deck has more connecting rooms than Deck 6.

21 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That’s so weird.  I vacated that room when you got on.  I found the vibration was very bad the first night in that room.  After that it was ok.  I have had rooms over the wake before.  Usually not that much vibration. This is a vista balcony not a regular balcony room and I didn’t think it was worth the extra over a regular balcony.  I moved from 4171 due to getting this as a reasonable upsell.  I actually preferred 4171.

Wow.  Crazy.  Yes!  The vibration was very bad the first night...then everything was fine after that.  I don't remember what the difference was from a standard veranda, but we wanted to try an Aft location and wasn't disappointed.  We definitely spent more time on the balcony than previous cruises.  We are on the same deck, midship, starboard in January for our Hawaii cruise.

• Like 1