NCL should let us cancel cruises with no penalties due to the new variant

CruizinKittie40

17 minutes ago, Chad101 said:

Just makes a person a little edgy to possibly lose out when you’re not scared of the virus already. 

Of course, I totally empathize. Things are still so fluid anyone with vacation plans are likely feeling edgy (me included) and the market had been brutal to leisure stocks this week which isn't helping.

I wish you nothing but the best outcome.

4 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Of course, I totally empathize. Things are still so fluid anyone with vacation plans are likely feeling edgy (me included) and the market had been brutal to leisure stocks this week which isn't helping.

I wish you nothing but the best outcome.

Thank you!  Same to you. 

1 hour ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

I didn't say I wanted a full refund. In my OP I stated I would be happy with FCC

You wanted to cancel without penalty.  Yes you did say you'll be happy if it's FCC.  You can then book a cruise with that FCC and want to be able to cancel after final payment, days before sailing, without penalty, and repeat.

No business can operate this way.  Not fair to the business, not fair to everyone else paying for the cruise, taking the risks.  NCL did have to hire lots of crews, arrange itinerary, port stops, excursions, and especially supplies, fuel, and lots of perishables.   Lots of sunk cost.  A big part of the cruise is food, like you ordering from grocery store or restaurant.  After final payment, you are committed, just like the cruiseline is committed.

No business can operate the way you want.

Edited by Middleager
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 6:47 AM, Oakman58 said:

This new strain has a lot of folks worried.  I will be going on my Dec 5th cruise from Los Angeles because of the Covid testing NCL does before embarkation.  I feel comfortable that all passengers will be Covid free and I can only hope the crew will be too.  However, even though masks aren't required, I will be wearing one anytime I will be in close proximity to other people, especially the elevators.  Hand washing and sanitizers will be the rule of the day for me.

And was it not 20 months and 21 days ago?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...