Royal's ships 2023/24

32 minutes ago, fairywren said:

A new high for the alcohol package on 2 of our cruises, due to the tanking AUD and coming off a sale price - $138.94 pppd 😲

The shore excursions are pretty rude also . I’m off to kangaroo island in a few weeks.

A example is a ship tour that’s 4 hours for $550, nothing special just site seeing. If you take in tendering and such it probably only about 2.5 hours.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fairywren said:

A new high for the alcohol package on 2 of our cruises, due to the tanking AUD and coming off a sale price - $138.94 pppd 😲

They certainly have put the WOW back into cruising.

I figure there is also lots more 😲 with the price of Chops/Jamie's/Wonderland etc

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They certainly have put the WOW back into cruising.

I figure there is also lots more 😲 with the price of Chops/Jamie's/Wonderland etc

We paid around $103AUD each, first time ever buying a drink package, but when I costed out a bottle of wine, 3 alcoholic drinks, a couple of coffees and some water in USD onboard, converted to AUD we are ahead. Don't want that conversion shock at the end.

The only great thing about Royals package is they include everything, tea/coffee, water etc.

Carnival Cheers do not and it is around $116AUD I think.

Anyway, it's done, cost just as much as our fare haha!! If the price had not come down to something reasonable we were going alcohol free in protest!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cheznandy said:

We paid around $103AUD each, first time ever buying a drink package, but when I costed out a bottle of wine, 3 alcoholic drinks, a couple of coffees and some water in USD onboard, converted to AUD we are ahead. Don't want that conversion shock at the end.

The only great thing about Royals package is they include everything, tea/coffee, water etc.

Carnival Cheers do not and it is around $116AUD I think.

Anyway, it's done, cost just as much as our fare haha!! If the price had not come down to something reasonable we were going alcohol free in protest!

Yeah, Princess plus is $65 and also includes internet (plus all that junk nobody wants).

We are only doing a shortie on Carnival to use up our cancellation credits, with lots of cancellation OBC to cover our drinkies. Like P&O they need to be 7 nights to get the drinks package, but we have never bothered with P&O's either - too dear.

There are plenty of cruises ATM, where the drink package is more expensive than the fare. Crazy, and a good reason to become a tee-totaller. Yeah-nah! 😂

14 minutes ago, springaussie said:

A mate has just paid for this now for his 22 night Mediterranean Princess Cruise next month.

I feel Royal are dreaming. 

IMG_3745.png

I am sure all our cruises will go up in price because of our dollar!   I read that it could go down to $40 against the US dollar.   Let’s hope they are wrong,   I have booked a lot of cruises for the next couple of years.

Eileen

1 hour ago, Cruisers47 said:

I am sure all our cruises will go up in price because of our dollar!   I read that it could go down to $40 against the US dollar.   Let’s hope they are wrong,   I have booked a lot of cruises for the next couple of years.

Eileen

Let’s hope we don’t get a fuel surcharge 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

A mate has just paid for this now for his 22 night Mediterranean Princess Cruise next month.

I feel Royal are dreaming. 

IMG_3745.png

There is a lot of bloat in there, unless they are keen on hitting the gym every day. The 2 x specialty dinners + 3 photo prints apply for 22 nights, but we also get the same number of dinners and photos on a 3 nighter next month. They can get all the important bits of that package for $30 less per night in the Plus package.

I think Princess are pushing this for a competitive difference. I can't argue, as I find it hard to book Royal at present when I can pretty much book an all-inclusive for $65 or $95 each per diem.

4 hours ago, fairywren said:

I wonder how much someone got paid for the hours thinking up that name🙄

It just has me beat that they launch ships with the same name tags around the same time, regularly, and they often put them in the same market to boot.

I just think a bit more imagination could be used - Chili of the Seas has a ring to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It just has me beat that they launch ships with the same name tags around the same time, regularly, and they often put them in the same market to boot.

I just think a bit more imagination could be used - Chili of the Seas has a ring to it.

How about @gbenjoof the seas 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

How about @gbenjoof the seas 

Sounds good to me ( is there some sort of “royalty” involved?  … no pun intended )but not until the Speculation is launched of course. 😁

Thinking about it 🤔….…it should really be the……… Speculation of the CCs

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I will admit, that does sound classier. 😂

And “Chili of the Seas” kind of subliminally  suggests it will always be cold on board and we cannot have that.🥶🥶

Edited by gbenjo

25 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

And “Chili of the Seas” kind of subliminally  suggests it will always be cold on board and we cannot have that.🥶🥶

Or the pepper 🌶️ type Chili, and we all suffer a bit of ring sting. I guess we can't have that either. 😜

On 10/5/2023 at 10:58 AM, fairywren said:

Full price onboard .$173 !!IMG_0633.thumb.png.ac3e5517d29751d546d3a26c6443a86d.pngoard 

Edited by Chiliburn

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Full price onboard .$173 !!IMG_0633.thumb.png.ac3e5517d29751d546d3a26c6443a86d.pngoard 

Am I right in reading the wording - if you are just pre-buying one package, it will cost the whole $173.68? The 2nd passenger is discounted by 50% to give you the $130pp price. Ouch!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Am I right in reading the wording - if you are just pre-buying one package, it will cost the whole $173.68? The 2nd passenger is discounted by 50% to give you the $130pp price. Ouch!!

No, the price of $130 includes the ‘50% off’ so it’s the same for both.

2 hours ago, fairywren said:

No, the price of $130 includes the ‘50% off’ so it’s the same for both.

If you are only getting one package, it reads that you wont get the 50% off. So if you are solo, travelling with someone under age etc, you will be paying $173.68