Royal's ships 2023/24

2 hours ago, fairywren said:

Incorrect.

you only pay $130 if only one adult in the cabin.

You seem sure Maureen,

Capture_47.jpg.eaa7f940c074d06c813a606661568a48.jpg

Then, their wording must be tangled, as it has the 1st passenger paying full price. By their own maths:

1st guest $173.68 (buy one)

2nd Guest $86.84 (get one 50% off)

Total for two = $260.52 or $130.26 each

33 minutes ago, arxcards said:

You seem sure Maureen,

Capture_47.jpg.eaa7f940c074d06c813a606661568a48.jpg

Then, their wording must be tangled, as it has the 1st passenger paying full price. By their own maths:

1st guest $173.68 (buy one)

2nd Guest $86.84 (get one 50% off)

Total for two = $260.52 or $130.26 each

Yep, it’s really just their way of saying 25% off. Confusing I know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fairywren said:

Yep, it’s really just their way of saying 25% off. Confusing I know.

I have a solo cruise coming and just for curiosity I thought I would check.

And you seem to be correct.   $1129 divided by 9 is $125.

IMG_0634.thumb.jpeg.5206f295f3b77ca184fc46b56d366d0c.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

IMG_0634.thumb.jpeg.5206f295f3b77ca184fc46b56d366d0c.jpeg

Chili you don’t need the drinks package. Your 5 drinks a day should be adequate plus the bottle you receive too. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 save your money!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Keep watching, it will be cheaper around Black Friday😉  or is your cruise before then?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

Chili you don’t need the drinks package. Your 5 drinks a day should be adequate plus the bottle you receive too. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 save your money!

I know Cheryl, I have more than enough booze but just trying to settle something.

I have never bought the drinks package, people just wipe their self out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, resordanis said:

What are the perks on Celebrity for D plus these days?

And what’s the carry on allowance?

Edited by Chiliburn

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What are the perks on Celebrity for D plus these days?

And what’s the carry on allowance?

Chili,

We found Celebrity to be great. Drinks between 5-7pm (or some two hour window each evening except embarkation day). Breakfast/Brunch each morning in Tuscan Grill with Mimosas or Champagne (I didn’t partake😢 ) Speciality coffees. The good thing we found that once on board there was many things dedicated for Elite and above. Examples: We had a cocktail making lesson one day, it really was enjoyable and quite fun too participate. . Also our own tour of the galley. Washing I think, some internet.I think these things vary from ship to ship. Our last cruise was on Celebrity Eclipse just after getting off Ovation. Certainly a different experience and one I hope I can do again this season. I really hope Brilliance is better than Ovation, because if it isn’t we will pay the extra for Celebrity or Cunard. Just looking for a cheap cruise, and at the moment, nothing is cheap, but I can wait for last minute. Hope this helps Chili!

PS Carry on 1 bottle each!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There should be a new class of junior suite coming on Ovation , Quantum and /or Anthem in the coming seasons.

A junior suite will full suite perks,wifi,suite lounge and full coastal kitchen entitlements.

JUNIOR SUITE SKY class 

It will be interesting to see the prices.

A junior suite with Star Class, now that would be something. 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It will be interesting to see the prices.

A junior suite with Star Class, now that would be something. 😁

You don’t really need the big cabin ,you’re not there a lot ,the beds are good in junior and the perks at a better price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fairywren said:

I would be interested in those, I’m not a fan of the Grand Suites on Ovation/Quantum, but I like having CK and the Suites lounge.

Wonder,icon and Utopia have junior sky and it’s being rolled out .

I believe Pinnacles maybe kicked out of the suite lounge like Diamond Plus where to make room 

And this isn’t going to be popular .

The Diamond lounge is now the crown lounge and ,have a Guess who might be kicked out of the Crown lounge from 5:30 to 8:00 happy hour.

Apparently it’s already happening on Oasis class if there’s a lot of top tier crown and anchor members.  NO DIAMONDS during happy hour.

Ah , I didn’t like it anyway 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Wonder,icon and Utopia have junior sky and it’s being rolled out .

I believe Pinnacles maybe kicked out of the suite lounge like Diamond Plus where to make room 

And this isn’t going to be popular .

The Diamond lounge is now the crown lounge and ,have a Guess who might be kicked out of the Crown lounge from 5:30 to 8:00 happy hour.

Apparently it’s already happening on Oasis class if there’s a lot of top tier crown and anchor members.  NO DIAMONDS during happy hour.

Ah , I didn’t like it anyway 

The writing was on the wall when they switched away from having to be in the lounge to get your included drinks.

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The writing was on the wall when they switched away from having to be in the lounge to get your included drinks.

Well it’s only fair, people pay the big bucks in a suite and the suite lounge should be for them. Not packed out with C&A top tier.

They were talking about a Pinnacle lounge ,now they have it and won’t they be winging .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Well it’s only fair, people pay the big bucks in a suite and the suite lounge should be for them. Not packed out with C&A top tier.

They were talking about a Pinnacle lounge ,now they have it and won’t they be winging .

It sort of depended on the lounge a bit. Radiance had a small lounge, usually quiet & relaxing. Some nights though, the diamond lounge was full and it ended up as standing room only in the concierge lounge as well - with everyone fighting over the limited bar service. With more & more diamonds, then more & more D+, and now a rise in pinnacles, there is only so much space.

All the same, part of Diamond and above wasn't just about having the free drinks, but also having a dedicated space to relax as well. I feel that the middle tiers are being dudded a bit.

I was having a look on the weekend at Royal cruises in the Mediterranean and Caribbean mid 2024 with prices thru the roof.

First thought was Royal will never get anywhere near that for cruises from Brisbane or Sydney at those prices.

This morning I seen prices for P&O  Pacific Explorer doing a lap of Oz in June 2024 with prices equal to those.

If Royal does get year round here maybe it will more cruises around Oz instead of North Queensland and South Pacific. It will be very cool and probably rough doing the bottom of Oz at that time of year. 

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

I was having a look on the weekend at Royal cruises in the Mediterranean and Caribbean mid 2024 with prices thru the roof.

First thought was Royal will never get anywhere near that for cruises from Brisbane or Sydney at those prices.

This morning I seen prices for P&O  Pacific Explorer doing a lap of Oz in June 2024 with prices equal to those.

If Royal does get year round here maybe it will more cruises around Oz instead of North Queensland and South Pacific. It will be very cool and probably rough doing the bottom of Oz at that time of year. 

When we booked Dover to Sydney on Crown Princess, I think it was a reasonable price. I started looking at around UK cruises to do prior to that cruise (mid 2025) and they are crazy 🤪 prices. Our dollar being down is part of it, and maybe a double dip of a US ship in a European market being bought with $AU. P&O around Oz is a bit of an experiment, but they can charge more because Princess' equivilent cruises sell out.

Royal could make it work, but they must be concerned about their margins. The longer the cruise, the lower the per day spend aboard. I would like to see Royal return to a 3 ship summer first. Fingers crossed for 2025/6

• Like 1

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Prices are insane,even the Americans are complaining.

Have a look at this springaussie it’s Vicky Freeds site .

Things don’t add up . It says Ovation is going to Europe and Allure is coming to the pacific.Probably just Royals bad websites.

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/deployment/

IMG_0682.png

IMG_0683.png

IMG_0684.png

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Prices are insane,even the Americans are complaining.

Have a look at this springaussie it’s Vicky Freeds site .

Things don’t add up . It says Ovation is going to Europe and Allure is coming to the pacific.Probably just Royals bad websites.

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/deployment/

IMG_0682.png

IMG_0683.png

IMG_0684.png

Thanks Chilli

Certainly doesn’t add up.

Royal are always changing port bookings.

At least my guessing game can go longer. 

11 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Thanks Chilli

Certainly doesn’t add up.

Royal are always changing port bookings.

At least my guessing game can go longer. 

You recon they could swap out Allure for Ovation next season?

Sydney is going to be a football scrum next season to get a cabin in Sydney.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

You recon they could swap out Allure for Ovation next season?

Sydney is going to be a football scrum next season to get a cabin in Sydney.

Chilli can you remember the Crown and Anchor Society post on FB with Allure and the caption.

Get in, we’re going global. 🌎

image.thumb.png.d2afb2c0e25315942229ac269d1818a3.png

• Like 1