Royal's ships 2023/24

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Ovation is still there in Beijing and Hong Kong .

I don’t know when Spectrum next Dry dock is but I have a hunch it will be westernised.Pull the rice cooker’s out and put in chip cookers.

Sounds like they need a few popcorn makers too. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Sad that a sound byte by Royal's CEO is being translated into a concrete outcome by an apparently reputable industry publication. As for an "exclusive" story, it has been circulated here and on social media for days. For such a big exclusive, it contains words like [prospective, thin on the ground, hinted], then speculates about year round cruising and what it will mean for Australian cruising, ending with a link for the Lelepa story they published in 2019.

All this from a bit of hubris from Michael Bayley. Will it happen - probably. Will it happen in 2027 - very long odds.

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Reported elsewhere Spectrum went missing again from the Royal website for a few hours overnight.

It is intermittent.
If they pulled it out of china,where do you think it would go?

The couple of cruises from Singapore to Tokyo was very popular .

41 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It is intermittent.
If they pulled it out of china,where do you think it would go?

The couple of cruises from Singapore to Tokyo was very popular .

Just swap Spectrum onto Anthem cruises.

Send Anthem elsewhere Chilli! 

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2024 at 8:33 AM, springaussie said:

LAX or Alaska.

If Royal is doing dry docks for ships over 20 years every 3 years Navigator will be due Easter 2027.

if it is every 2 1/2 years Navigator and Voyager will be both need a dry dock visit during the Oz season 26/27.

Passengers on Radiance are being told the 25 Alaska season will be the last for Radiance class. Seaward new dock will be ready to accommodate larger ships.

I would say Voyager is off to Alaska,probably along with 3 Quantum .

I think Voyager and Anthem will definitely be coming to the pacific.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Passengers on Radiance are being told the 25 Alaska season will be the last for Radiance class. Seaward new dock will be ready to accommodate larger ships.

I would say Voyager is off to Alaska,probably along with 3 Quantum .

I think Voyager and Anthem will definitely be coming to the pacific.

Thanks Chilli.

Interesting about  no more Radiance Class in Alaska.

4 Quantum ships or 3 Quantum with Voyager would probably be my guess also.

Phil I also see one of the travel agents is selling reduced fares on the Voyager Singapore to Brisbane next year. The Funnel Head travel agents have been pushing exclusive fares on Discovery Princess a few days earlier Singapore to Sydney via Vietnam. With Discovery at least you know it should be ready after dry dock. 

Edited by springaussie

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Vicky Freed has Navigator in Brisbane 25-26 season and back to L.A.

IMG_1741.thumb.png.81046f741dd80671f60aa8f1c3b5be1e.png

Does it not also show Quantum in Brisbane and Ovation in Sydney at the same time, with Anthem in Singapore and Voyager in the Caribbean. Yay, interesting changes they would be, but how could they manage both Navigator & Quantum from Brisbane. The cap of the calendar has been trimmed at the top, so no dates showing. Is this a 24/25 calendar with Navigator being added to Brisbane?

But yes, a Transpacific is easier to handle than a relocation from Europe these days and Navigator would be an easy surrogate for Voyager as well as being a new ship to Australia.

Edited by arxcards
changed ship assignments

Yep, that is a 24/25 calendar - as there is nothing there for Star of the Seas until late in that calendar. That matches the date of her inaugural in August 2025

Edited by arxcards

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Does it not also show Quantum in Brisbane and Ovation in Sydney at the same time, with Anthem in Singapore and Voyager in the Caribbean. Yay, interesting changes they would be, but how could they manage both Navigator & Quantum from Brisbane. The cap of the calendar has been trimmed at the top, so no dates showing. Is this a 24/25 calendar with Navigator being added to Brisbane?

But yes, a Transpacific is easier to handle than a relocation from Europe these days and Navigator would be an easy surrogate for Voyager as well as being a new ship to Australia.

Her website has  something to be desired at times,like you think they must be smoking some good stuff in her office.

She is the head of sales and she did have Ovation deployed in Hawaii/ west coast on her website.

From memory the offical deployment for Ovation at the time was China then out of the blue it was moved to Los Angeles.

Navigator would be a step up from Voyager.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025-2026_Deployment_Summary_Destination.pdf

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Her website has  something to be desired at times,like you think they must be smoking some good stuff in her office.

She is the head of sales and she did have Ovation deployed in Hawaii/ west coast on her website.

From memory the offical deployment for Ovation at the time was China then out of the blue it was moved to Los Angeles.

Navigator would be a step up from Voyager.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025-2026_Deployment_Summary_Destination.pdf

The page is for January 2025 till April 2026. Going by that deployment summary, Navigator will be here in Brisbane in 3 months time, so looks like a cut & paste error.

Scrolling across to late 2025 for the 25/26 season, it still only shows Voyager and Anthem for Australia. Perhaps Navigator will be pasted in the correct cell there at some stage, or it was just an error.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

The page is for January 2025 till April 2026. Going by that deployment summary, Navigator will be here in Brisbane in 3 months time, so looks like a cut & paste error.

Scrolling across to late 2025 for the 25/26 season, it still only shows Voyager and Anthem for Australia. Perhaps Navigator will be pasted in the correct cell there at some stage, or it was just an error.

The 25-26 deployment , I said season.

But it’s strange she has it deployed in Brisbane.

@springaussie might know when Navigator is due for a Drydock .

Edited by Chiliburn

40 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

The attached page talks about deployment, and is calendar based - not season based.

That page has Ovation, Quantum and Navigator here in 24/25 season, Anthem & Voyager here in 25/26 season

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Good find Chilli.

Navigator was last in dry dock March 2024.

Navigator is due again in drydock in 2.5 or  3 years from then. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 7:01 AM, springaussie said:

No mention of Lelepa.

Royal Caribbean boosting tourism in Vanuatu

Vanuatu

South Pacific Nation Vanuatu and Royal Caribbean Group have formalized an agreement to boost cruise tourism in the area.

The agreement allows Royal Caribbean to share research with the Vanuatu Tourism Office (VTO), a significant step in developing tourism and economic growth for Vanuatu.

The agreement allows Royal Caribbean to share research with the Vanuatu Tourism Office (VTO), a significant step in developing tourism and economic growth for Vanuatu.

Gavin Smith, Vice President and Managing Director for Royal Caribbean International AUNZ, said: “We are delighted to support Vanuatu’s economic growth through cruise tourism. We are proud of our longstanding partnership with the Vanuatu Government and are excited to deepen our collaboration with the Vanuatu Tourism Office.”

I wonder if New Caledonia is still a no go this season,they might divert to luganville ?

I know it’s not much of a place but it has the largest dock in the South Pacific.

I was doing some research and it looks like it can take an Oasis or Icon .

Its a birth box of 360 meters long,a depth of 20 meters and 50 tonne bollards .

The U.S. navy said they could quite easily dock their aircraft carriers there.

You would think RCG could find somewhere to build their beach club there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I wonder if New Caledonia is still a no go this season,they might divert to luganville ?

I know it’s not much of a place but it has the largest dock in the South Pacific.

Maybe RCG are in a deal that is not easy to get out with Vanuatu.

I will watching to see if anything is mentioned with Celebrity and Lelepa when the 26/27 are released in the next day or 2.

20 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Chili, I am also wondering what is happening with New Caledonia. None of the cruise lines seem to coming up with alternatives, which makes me reluctant to book. Having been to Luganville several times in the past, I actually would go again. At least ships dock there (which Ovation doesn’t do in Vila), they have markets (if that is what you are interested in) and the locals did make us feel welcome. We went to Million Dollar Point (interesting once) and you can get to Champagne Bay from there. Just want the cruise lines to give alternatives!

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Chili, I am also wondering what is happening with New Caledonia. None of the cruise lines seem to coming up with alternatives, which makes me reluctant to book. Having been to Luganville several times in the past, I actually would go again. At least ships dock there (which Ovation doesn’t do in Vila), they have markets (if that is what you are interested in) and the locals did make us feel welcome. We went to Million Dollar Point (interesting once) and you can get to Champagne Bay from there. Just want the cruise lines to give alternatives!

Agree Cheryle, we were at Luganville early in the year and been a couple of times before. It has really improved tourist wise.

The markets at the dock have a great selection, the taxi's tours are well organised. 

We walked to town this time, went to a little cafe and had iced coffee and used their wifi, found a new bar/restaurant near the water on a back street, outdoors, sand floor, music, toilets ( a big plus!)  it was near the water, great little spot to chill.

Last trip there we got a boat over to Aore Island (contacted them first), snorkelled, had lunch, swam, you can see this island from the ship in port.

Done Million Dollar Point, blues holes, so much to see if you don't just walk around town then complain there is nothing there haha!! Next time we go perhaps a taxi out to Champagne Bay.

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 1