Royal's ships 2023/24

1 hour ago, dandtgeddes said:

Question regarding Wonder OTS & Lelepa

Just wondering if these are still likely perhaps for 2024 for ANZAC cruisers?

TraceyG 🙂

Wonder is pretty well unknown ,the Americans are hysterical about having it.

There was a statement by Royal that Lelepa would be in full swing in time for the 2024-2025 season and I read it maybe in a limited use in 2023.

I don’t think Royal Caribbean knows what’s going to happen but if Celebrity Edge does come here in 23-24 season we will get a Oasis class of some description.

• Like 1

Thank you Chiliburn  🙂

Still don't have my FFC sorted.

My March 2020 cruise should be a happy memory but the cancellation of it has turned into an administration nightmare with RCI 😒

Looks like I may not be cruising until the 2024/2025 season.

Will continue to be patient.

TraceyG 😉

1 hour ago, dandtgeddes said:

Thank you Chiliburn  🙂

Still don't have my FFC sorted.

My March 2020 cruise should be a happy memory but the cancellation of it has turned into an administration nightmare with RCI 😒

Looks like I may not be cruising until the 2024/2025 season.

Will continue to be patient.

TraceyG 😉

There is a bit of speculation that Royal may possibly even have a ship home ported in Auckland in 24/25

Auckland is one of the closest cities to Lelepa and noumea is on the way.

Thats something to lift your spirits.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

@Chiliburn OK just got updated/extended RC FCC now expiring 30-Apr-23. Need to find us a cruise between early Feb & Apr 2023 out of Sydney. The original 2020 cruise was Apr on Voyager to Sth Pacific, but not sure they will be open, so I guess it's Jacindaland or Anastacialand  😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mr walker said:

@Chiliburn OK just got updated/extended RC FCC now expiring 30-Apr-23. Need to find us a cruise between early Feb & Apr 2023 out of Sydney. The original 2020 cruise was Apr on Voyager to Sth Pacific, but not sure they will be open, so I guess it's Jacindaland or Anastacialand  😮

Get on a plane to somewhere else other than Australia as I can’t see the next season happening.

We have winter coming and the eggheads are saying it’s going to be a ball breaker.
United have some great prices to the U.S.

At this stage we don't plan on travelling to far flung places by plane, so we will need to focus on Aus/NZ & Sth Pacific for our cruising.

At this stage, I'd be fine with a say, 10N cruise, that departs from Circular Quay & ties up for the duration at Athol Buoy & has 24hour tenders running to Man O War steps & Manly cove.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Celebrity has just announced they will be offering kind of packages and Royal is expected to follow.

Flights,Hotels,insurance and transfers for most destinations.

For those who are thinking doing a goal break from fortress down under.

A little information that may make it a little easier.

Royal Caribbean group requires a Covid test no more than 2 calendar days before your cruise.

So just say you are traveling to Singapore or Japan for a cruise ,you will have to do a test on arrival.
That test can be used for up to 2 days to board your cruise ,so you can stay for 2 nights and use that test.

Just say you are traveling to LA and you have a cruise booked on Navigator on the 10th of never.

You can fly out of Sydney or Melbourne on the. 8th and if you get your test that morning at the airport. You can still stay 2 nights before your cruise and use your airport test to board navigator.

And I believe the same would go for Allure out of Galveston.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Celebrity has just announced they will be offering kind of packages and Royal is expected to follow.

Flights,Hotels,insurance and transfers for most destinations.

For those who are thinking doing a goal break from fortress down under.

A little information that may make it a little easier.

Royal Caribbean group requires a Covid test no more than 2 calendar days before your cruise.

So just say you are traveling to Singapore or Japan for a cruise ,you will have to do a test on arrival.
That test can be used for up to 2 days to board your cruise ,so you can stay for 2 nights and use that test.

Just say you are traveling to LA and you have a cruise booked on Navigator on the 10th of never.

You can fly out of Sydney or Melbourne on the. 8th and if you get your test that morning at the airport. You can still stay 2 nights before your cruise and use your airport test to board navigator.

And I believe the same would go for Allure out of Galveston.

… and the same calendar day occurs twice when we travel to the US because of the date line.  Wonder if they’d realise.   

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

… and the same calendar day occurs twice when we travel to the US because of the date line.  Wonder if they’d realise.   

From memory you get to LA a hour before you leave Sydney.

In theory you should feel younger after the 14 hour flight but it doesn’t work like that.

Apparently they go on dates not a 48 hour period.

Edited by Chiliburn

Heads up Royal cruisers.

There’ a wow sale on with up-to $1,000 OBC and I have just put the Royal Caribbean Australia price match to test ????

Ive got 3 cruises booked out of Sydney and one is a few hundred bucks cheaper with $ 450 onboard credit.
They matched the current price and the OBC .

The other 2 cruises weren’t any cheaper, so check it out. 

• Like 1

Has anyone put the Australian Price match to test?

Two friends had luck.

The first,the total fare was $50 more but they go $US 400 OBC

The second was a grand suite and they got the $US 1000.

You have to ask for the cruise with confidence,Price match.

On 12/1/2021 at 6:26 PM, woodscruise said:

RCL Alaska season has opened for sale and the ships that are doing the Hawaii cruise are Ovation, Quantum and Enchantment, which I would suspect will be the AU deployment for 2023/24

Any idea where Oasis is going after April 2023 ? 
That’s the last I can see of it .I would say it’s going to Europe for a dry dock. And then a season in the Mediterranean but only guessing.

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@geoff2802,   @springaussie

Any idea what happens to Oasis after April 2023 it seems to disappear of the face of the earth.

My guess would be New York to the Bahamas, for the summer months. I think this is what it did last year, in the summer months, before relocating to Florida.

There’s 3 ships coming up as possible for New York ,Liberty,Anthem and Oasis.
I believe Oasis is due for a dry dock soon

Then the first of the Icon class should be delivered towards the end of next year ,it will bump a oasis class out of Cape Canaveral.
There seems to be to many ships on the east coast of the US

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Just booked a 2 night booze cruise with a group out of Sydney in January on Ovation.

From memory they don’t have the booze package on a booze cruise?

Anyone can refresh my memory please.

Not recent, but they had it on our 3N Voyager in 2015 - I didn't partake as my C&A benefits and a few paid for were sufficient for me, but my brother, BIL & ex BIL all got the package - I remember them drinking bloody mary's at 9am 🙂

Mic & Rosie were on that cruise & also the gang from Wimbledon celebrating a birthday. Happy days.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2022 at 6:27 AM, woodscruise said:

My guess would be New York to the Bahamas, for the summer months. I think this is what it did last year, in the summer months, before relocating to Florida.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, geoff2802 said:

Bayonne?  I guess this will be confirmed (or refuted) next week unless Royal delays the deployment release yet again.  

There’s 4 ships scheduled for New York .

Jewel ,Adventure,Liberty and Oasis.

Seem like a lot of ships. 
I had a bit of a thought me might see Oasis in the Pacific but it has bookings out of NY all next year. 

18 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Just booked a 2 night booze cruise with a group out of Sydney in January on Ovation.

From memory they don’t have the booze package on a booze cruise?

Anyone can refresh my memory please.

I was booked on an Ovation 3-nighter next month and the UBP was available in the Cruise Planner before  the cruise was canceled. Pricing was pretty steep from memory

• Thanks 1