Royal's ships 2023/24

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know what your thoughts are on Serenade’s Central American deployment ,it’s pretty repetitive in a suspect part of the world.

I think they must be really scratching the bottom of the barrel to find somewhere to send there ships.

And you said MSC is sending a Chinese deployment to Brazil in a few months.

IMG_1539.thumb.png.cee96671afe210cb1e82457163d29c25.png

I think you are spot on Phil. No holy land, other home ports that are no longer cash cows, and a couple of older ships that still have a for sale sign up. Heads or tails, where to next?

@Chiliburn

Back in the BC days, Pullmantur sent ships to Central America & Brazil during the Northern hemisphere winter. In 2019 as an RCI subsidiary, they had 50% of the Columbian market, so Royal must still have some tentacles there.

The 50% I read is probably just good PR spin, as it likely translates to only two ships operating from Cartagena, with one being theirs.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

@Chiliburn

Back in the BC days, Pullmantur sent ships to Central America & Brazil during the Northern hemisphere winter. In 2019 as an RCI subsidiary, they had 50% of the Columbian market, so Royal must still have some tentacles there.

The 50% I read is probably just good PR spin, as it likely translates to only two ships operating from Cartagena, with one being theirs.

Apparently Rhapsody did a few out of Panama years ago?

They are interporting this time,picking up passengers in Panama and Columbia which is unusual for Royal Caribbean.

Crown and anchor must be targeting the drug cartels to get some of that $U.S. cash they have.

Its a bit of a slap in the face for us ,weren’t we one of the biggest cruise markets in the world once.The highest per captor market and how we have slipped down the ladder , Central America got our third ship.

You would think Serenade interporting between Melbourne and Brisbane would be viable. They would be a little bit safer than Panama and Columbia .

• Like 4

I have just completed a survey from RC that was clearly gauging interest in Lelepa. They could have at least given me a free cruise for my efforts, it took forever to complete!!!!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Suzcruz75 said:

I have just completed a survey from RC that was clearly gauging interest in Lelepa. They could have at least given me a free cruise for my efforts, it took forever to complete!!!!

I thought Lelepa had disappeared into oblivion ?
Did you win a new iPhone or an inheritance from some African prince or something?

What sort of questions did they ask? 

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I thought Lelepa had disappeared into oblivion ?
Did you win a new iPhone or an inheritance from some African prince or something?

What sort of questions did they ask? 

Usual stuff to start with, how many cruises have you taken and with which lines, when is your next cruise etc. then t asked if would be interested in a year round South Pacific destination island. It described the island using the same spiel they have been using for lelepa but didn’t actually name it, then asked what would you like on a private island etc

15 minutes ago, Suzcruz75 said:

Usual stuff to start with, how many cruises have you taken and with which lines, when is your next cruise etc. then t asked if would be interested in a year round South Pacific destination island. It described the island using the same spiel they have been using for lelepa but didn’t actually name it, then asked what would you like on a private island etc

Interesting,  year round South Pacific island !

I wonder what kind of lease they signed on Lelepa,you would think they would be in breach of contract by now.

I have never been able to get my head around Lelepa.

I can’t understand how this Private Island is going to work with port visits. Surely they would need 2 days at  Lelepa.

Big Gav was saying Brisbane was going to be 3 ports on the 7 nighters. This isn’t currently happening on P&O because of Noumea being out of action.

54 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I have never been able to get my head around Lelepa.

I can’t understand how this Private Island is going to work with port visits. Surely they would need 2 days at  Lelepa.

Big Gav was saying Brisbane was going to be 3 ports on the 7 nighters. This isn’t currently happening on P&O because of Noumea being out of action.

I can’t see how an island dedicated to one cruise line could be viable,we just don’t have the population like U.S.

While trawling for Lelepa I found this .Japan might be spending some money on the area in aid .

https://www.dailypost.vu/news/mystery-island-upgrades-part-of-pm-s-dialogue-with-japans-pm/article_859cd5a3-6a06-5deb-a752-d7e3783626ed.html

image.jpeg.e84228b5dbd799af49c91b1848da1469.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn

41 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I can’t see how an island dedicated to one cruise line could be viable,we just don’t have the population like U.S.

While trawling for Lelepa I found this .Japan might be spending some money on the area in aid .

https://www.dailypost.vu/news/mystery-island-upgrades-part-of-pm-s-dialogue-with-japans-pm/article_859cd5a3-6a06-5deb-a752-d7e3783626ed.html

image.jpeg.e84228b5dbd799af49c91b1848da1469.jpeg

A Island Resort that was multi user makes more sense.

Just one cruise line with a couple of Celebrity visits I can’t see.

They certainly must be planning on ripping us in charges.

The Island would need some major feature to attract guests. Like a massive zip line, big water slide or a massive roller coaster to attract 

31 minutes ago, springaussie said:

A Island Resort that was multi user makes more sense.

Just one cruise line with a couple of Celebrity visits I can’t see.

They certainly must be planning on ripping us in charges.

The Island would need some major feature to attract guests. Like a massive zip line, big water slide or a massive roller coaster to attract 

Something like Mystery Island would be viable but it would have to be shared.

The U.S just opened an embassy in Vila. 
I would be good to see the U.S and Japan give some development aid to build a tender wharf.

18 hours ago, springaussie said:

From the survey.

image.thumb.png.b0deb3f6bd92b7cce40e8e3e04d8b583.png

Yeah, I don’t know,I’m still a doubting Thomas but it looks like they are still kicking the can down the road.

I think this was the reason Ovation was pulled out of china and sent to L.A.

Expressions  of interest for partners to develop L.A. cruise Port.

Bayley said recently if Ovation does well in L.A. they will send an Icon to the pacific.

Hopefully we might be part of that expansion into the pacific.

https://www.portoflosangeles.org/references/2024-news-releases/news_062724_cruise_proposal

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, springaussie said:

Who knows what the situation is with Shanghai and a bigger ship. 

I think Royal will pull out of china completely ,the economy is in free fall .

I don’t know what will happen with Spectrum. Singapore? Maybe pick up Voyager’s itinerary? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I think Royal will pull out of china completely ,the economy is in free fall .

I don’t know what will happen with Spectrum. Singapore? Maybe pick up Voyager’s itinerary? 

You really wonder about the intelligence of cruise line execs.  They all thought China was going to deliver huge growth to them. It was obvious all along that their economic model was seriously flawed and would come unstuck.  Now they are disappointed.  Ha.  

• Like 4

On 8/13/2024 at 7:37 PM, springaussie said:

The Icon or Oasis going to LAX certainly looks a possibility from that article Chilli.

Who knows what the situation is with Shanghai and a bigger ship. 

Would Oasis class fit in any ports on Mexico itineraries from LA?  Cabo is tendered.  I don’t think it would fit in Vallarta harbour.  Ensenada perhaps?  
I’ll go if it’s offered - we enjoyed Navigator 7 and 4 night. 

14 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Would Oasis class fit in any ports on Mexico itineraries from LA?  Cabo is tendered.  I don’t think it would fit in Vallarta harbour.  Ensenada perhaps?  

Unsure Geoff!

Miami management and LAX Ports have mentioned it a few times sailing form the West Coast. 
I am sure they will make a few ports Oasis friendly if required.

8 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I don’t think the current Mexican ports could really handle an Icon or Oasis at the moment. Especially with other ships in port.
RCG can’t expand anymore in the Caribbean and Los Angeles and Mexican west coast would be ideal for expansion.
It’s year round sailing,Ship LNG is available ,as you know the Americans can fly into longbeach and just minutes away from the port. California is something like the 8th economy in the world. Not to mention the cheap labour in Mexico 

They just need to invest in a few ports and maybe a private island ,which wouldn’t be a drama for RCG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fairywren said:

Voyager December 1 2025 Singapore to Brisbane has now disappeared from the website, but the two previous cruises are still there. I wonder what that means.

A online agent has it live but it looks like it’s just about sold out 

• Like 1