Pre-entry AND arrival test ?

bob&france

With the new announcement from the Fed's that all Canadians will be tested upon arrival, unless arriving from the USA, does it not seem silly to be required to take a PCR test 72 hours prior to arrival if we'll be tested upon arrival anyway ?  IE flying back from Europe.

Or has anyone heard of an upcoming change to the 72 hour prior testing requirement ?

9 minutes ago, bob&france said:

With the new announcement from the Fed's that all Canadians will be tested upon arrival, unless arriving from the USA, does it not seem silly to be required to take a PCR test 72 hours prior to arrival if we'll be tested upon arrival anyway ?  IE flying back from Europe.

Or has anyone heard of an upcoming change to the 72 hour prior testing requirement ?

There is no change you still must be tested 72 hours prior and be re-tested upon arrival. These are crazy times.🤪

• Like 1

Until such time as much more is known about the transmissibility and virulence of the Omicron variant, and the effectiveness of existing vaccines against it, it's far better to take maximum preventative measures than it would be to ignore the potential risks. In my opinion, it would be silly not to take the additional steps introduced in reaction to this variant. The government can always relax the protocols should it turn out the Omicron doesn't pose any additional threat.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Until such time as much more is known about the transmissibility and virulence of the Omicron variant, and the effectiveness of existing vaccines against it, it's far better to take maximum preventative measures than it would be to ignore the potential risks. In my opinion, it would be silly not to take the additional steps introduced in reaction to this variant. The government can always relax the protocols should it turn out the Omicron doesn't pose any additional threat.

"maximum preventative risks" for me now includes the cancellation of my Celebrity (Caribbean) Cruise; done this morning!

Even being Fully Vaxxed, (with my Booster Dose scheduled for December 4th.), with no outstanding Health Issues, I have decided that there still (would have been) TOO MUCH RISK involved with travelling; Cruises, Flights, Land Stays, Bus Tours, etc., at this particular point in time!

Come Mid-December, with the (age) eligibility to receive the Booster Dose being reduced to 50 y/o, I can imagine how 'swamped' the Pharmacies will be booking appointments!  I'm happy to 'beat the rush', to receive my Booster Dose on December 4th.!

Edited by GeriatricNurse

6 hours ago, GeriatricNurse said:

"maximum preventative risks" for me now includes the cancellation of my Celebrity (Caribbean) Cruise; done this morning!

Even being Fully Vaxxed, (with my Booster Dose scheduled for December 4th.), with no outstanding Health Issues, I have decided that there still (would have been) TOO MUCH RISK involved with travelling; Cruises, Flights, Land Stays, Bus Tours, etc., at this particular point in time!

Come Mid-December, with the (age) eligibility to receive the Booster Dose being reduced to 50 y/o, I can imagine how 'swamped' the Pharmacies will be booking appointments!  I'm happy to 'beat the rush', to receive my Booster Dose on December 4th.!

Just booked with our local pharmacy....times from tomorrow wide open.  Guess we're ahead of the rush.  Booking with the local gov't sites was first available after Christmas.

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

That's unfortunate but fully understandable. We have until the end of the month to make up our minds, and hopefully there will be sufficient factual information by then to make an educated decision.

We have until mid March for final payment, hopefully more info available by then.  Not concerned with the ship...so many cautions in place I feel it's safer than the local grocery/mall.  But...the European ports/air/etc have me second guessing our cruise. 

4 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We have until mid March for final payment, hopefully more info available by then.  Not concerned with the ship...so many cautions in place I feel it's safer than the local grocery/mall.  But...the European ports/air/etc have me second guessing our cruise. 

The pendulum continues to swing. Right now, Florida seems safe compared to Europe, but who knows come March. Like you, I view the ship as the least of my worries.

• Like 1