NSA (Never Sleep Alone)

Chamoretta

It shows up on the web based schedule as running today for the current cruise. https://spark-aws.virginvoyages.com/api/v1/ext/ddp/5a3193a0af8e4c3fb714386b/2021-12-02#events

As a personal opinion, my husband and I very much disliked the show.  We love adult themed cabaret and shows, but the hostess had a presentation style that reminded me of sitting in a hotel conference room hearing about why I should buy a program to make money.  The audience who participated were fun, but the show desperately needed work to be entertaining as a whole package.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 11:01 PM, Chamoretta said:

Can anyone confirm if NSA is still on the ship?   I was on in October but have heard things that make me thing this show is no longer there.

It is still on as far as I know. They’ve swapped out Dr. A for another person. I follow her on Instagram and she posts about the show frequently. Ashley.Arcement. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I understand that there are observers of the show and participants.  Does the entertainer respect the observers or do they go deep in the crowd to encourage participation?

17 hours ago, metla said:

I understand that there are observers of the show and participants.  Does the entertainer respect the observers or do they go deep in the crowd to encourage participation?

Pre-show there are staff that chat with the audience to confirm interest in participation and ask some "research" questions.  Everyone else is left alone.  Also, if you want to be sure to be left alone you can see the show from the balcony level.  That's where we went to watch and I am glad we did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2022 at 1:55 PM, metla said:

Like Ociana I opted for observer, had a seat on the main floor, towards the back, and ended up in the midst of a giant 40th birthday celebration. It was a lot of fun and very silly.

Going to be going on my first cruise as an adult this coming October -- i'd love to follow-up on this thread and ask if y'all think it is likely that NSA will still be on the ship then? I have no idea how often entertainment is changed on cruise ships! 

Thanks for being accepting of this cruise newbie 🙂

No one knows about Virgin as they haven't been cruising for long.  On most lines, production shows stick around for years.  Even those that are not very good are often "teaked" a bit before being ditched.  There is a menu change coming to Test Kitchen--not sure when it will debut.

"Dr" Audrey is currently on the ship and I thought the show was entertaining.  It's not meant to be life advice, it's an adult comedy, tongue in cheek.  In March I participated in a very tame part of the show, there were a few parts that were more risque, but there were no body fluids exchanged and no clothing was removed.  I'm not sure what people found offensive in an adult venue, again, it's meant to be a comedy, not advice on how to live your life.  Participation is voluntary, and as others have mentioned, if you did not want to "play", you either said "no thank you" or sat in the balcony.  

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 1/30/2023 at 3:56 AM, Lustate said:

There are a whole lot of "Dr A", 5 casts I believe between the two (current) ships. The show looks like it is being replaced by Miss Behaves game show. So really, it will soon be "Never Slept Alone". 

Our sailing on Valiant Lady had both shows. They are not even intended for the same show venue; NSA takes place in The Manor and Miss Behave Show takes place in the Red Room. NSA on the first night of the four night cruise (I hear it is repeated on longer sailings), and Miss Behave Show in the early evening on Scarlet Night. 

2 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

Our sailing on Valiant Lady had both shows. They are not even intended for the same show venue; NSA takes place in The Manor and Miss Behave Show takes place in the Red Room. NSA on the first night of the four night cruise (I hear it is repeated on longer sailings), and Miss Behave Show in the early evening on Scarlet Night. 

NSA seems to be ending on scarlet in a couple weeks, and valiant soon too.  our 5-night 2/17 scarlet voyage currently only has ship show (4x) and duel reality (2x) on the lineup.

5 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

NSA seems to be ending on scarlet in a couple weeks, and valiant soon too.  our 5-night 2/17 scarlet voyage currently only has ship show (4x) and duel reality (2x) on the lineup.

We're on your sailing, it will be our first VV.  I didn't see it either on the app

NSA was on my sailing last week but, sadly, it's on my list of shows for my sailing next week.  

There were 2 shows on my 4-day cruise last week and I saw it once.  Had I known it was going bye-bye, I would have booked the second show too.  I was REALLY good and, along with Dual Reality, the highlight of my cruise.  I got a golden condom (those who know the show will know what it is...)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CruznTheWorld said:

We're on your sailing, it will be our first VV.  I didn't see it either on the app

I'm on the Feb. 8th sailing - and it's not on my app either.  I'll check with guest services as soon as I board to see if it's just on a break or gone for good.  God I hope not.