Digital Vaccine Record vs. Physical Card

theLCC1

Hoping someone who has recently sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale can chime in on this as Royal agents are not making me feel very confident about this...

One person in our party cannot locate their physical vaccine card but their 3 doses are in the CA Immunization database AND their EHR. Both of these digital records can be accessed via a QR code on their phone.

Getting different answers from Royal on if their digital record will suffice when we get to the port. In general, we would all rather travel with a digital record (which we use frequently to get into restaurants etc.) than the physical card.

Has anyone recently sailed and used their digital record instead of their physical card? 

Thank you!

37 minutes ago, theLCC1 said:

Hoping someone who has recently sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale can chime in on this as Royal agents are not making me feel very confident about this...

One person in our party cannot locate their physical vaccine card but their 3 doses are in the CA Immunization database AND their EHR. Both of these digital records can be accessed via a QR code on their phone.

Getting different answers from Royal on if their digital record will suffice when we get to the port. In general, we would all rather travel with a digital record (which we use frequently to get into restaurants etc.) than the physical card.

Has anyone recently sailed and used their digital record instead of their physical card? 

Thank you!

Can they print off the records?

1 minute ago, MommaBear55 said:

Can they print off the records?

Yes, just wasn't sure if it had to be the physical card we all received... they can bring a printout of the digital records as well, that is a good thought. 

After a lot of back and forth Royal's agent said yes it can be digital but I just don't trust them. 

We sailed out of Galveston and they were checking what we showed them against a data base and it appeared they could scan the QR code that you get from the state. We also live in CA and have the codes but did not at that point. We sailed in Dec. on the simulated crurise out of LA and while we had our hard copy it did appear that they could use the QR code from the state as proof. Like others have said I would print of copy of that form to be sure but think you will be fine. 

• Like 1

Barbados required the actual card when we got off the ship there a few weeks ago.  Only checked by the ship as we hit the gangway - nobody on shore ever looked.  Other islands required you carry a copy of the card (paper or electronic, and again nobody ever looked).  Highly recommend you make several printed copies of your record before you sail.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they got vaccinated at a pharmacy, they should go to that pharmacy and ask for a new card.  Otherwise they should try contacting their county health department.

I personally would not want to risk showing up for a cruise without the physical card. 

The official California database QR code is far better than the card.  I still don't understand why its not universally accepted.  There are so many fake physical cards and terribly easy to get.  They should only accept digital when from a secured database...  🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

While not in Ft. Lauderdale (Port Canaveral). we noted that some people were having trouble getting reception on their cell phones to show medical records. The steel in the building, other interference ???? I would suggest if all possible to have paper copies available.