Excursion sign up question

Kclovesken

29 minutes ago, Kclovesken said:

Hey y'all 🙂 I have seen in the passed it's better to call and make your reservation for excursions because of various reasons. Can you still call and book? Is there any benefit to doing it that way?

You can call and book and it reserves your place if the excursion sells out.  You have to pay upfront so you are not able to use OBC to pay for it.  Once you book an excursion, you normally can't see the other excursions anymore, so if something is added you won't see it until you get a list onboard.

You might get a little better deal if you book onboard, since it appears that they take your latitudes discount first, saving a couple of bucks on each excursion. And you can use OBC.  But if the excursion is sold out, you are out of luck unless there is a cancellation or they add another bus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

In the PAST right I have booked excursion on line.  A few times I have called in if I had questions about the excursion.feature?  Sometimes I have PASSED on an excursion when it did not sound very good after calling in.

Thank you for ever so subtly correcting my microphone errors. I appreciate you 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kclovesken said:

Hey y'all 🙂 I have seen in the passed it's better to call and make your reservation for excursions because of various reasons. Can you still call and book? Is there any benefit to doing it that way?

Previously the benefit of calling was that you could reserve your place without having to pay at the time (so you could use OBC to pay for the excursion). If you book online then you have to pay so calling had that advantage.

Now you have to pay regardless of how you do it, so the main benefit of calling no longer applies.

11 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

In the PAST right I have booked excursion on line.  A few times I have called in if I had questions about the excursion.feature?  Sometimes I have PASSED on an excursion when it did not sound very good after calling in.

The main benefit by calling in advance (or booking pre cruise online) is you know you have your excursion booked.  At times, some of the more popular excursions can get filled up.  The other reason I like to call to reserve in advance is they can also apply my platinum discount but by booking online via the website the additional discount does not seem to get calculated and taken off although the $50 excursion perk will be applied.

12 hours ago, Kclovesken said:

There is no benefit in calling over booking online. If there is a whacky error when booking, then you need a live person to help. (We had one where there was only one seat left so when we booked two, the system would blow up).