Miami Port Parking

siren

We will be driving in April.  We are NOT good at driving in busy areas where we don't know where we are going.  Does anyone know of an easy access parking spot for the Port?  Or even one of the park,sleep,cruise hotels.  I know there are a few of them but we are looking for easy acess from the highway.

Parking right at the port I have found to be just as easy to get to than the offsite parking location and a lot more convenient.

Comfort Suites Miami Airport North is a sleep/park option with a shuttle.  It isn't difficult to get to from the highway.  The shuttle is only one way from what I understand, so you would have to Uber/Lyft/taxi back on debarkation day.

We live in Florida and always drive to ports and park at the terminal. It is very convenient and I like knowing my car is in a secure garage protected from the weather. If you are sailing out of Terminal A in Miami, the parking garage is literally right next to the terminal. 

How do you know which terminal your ship is using? I understand Miami is a large port and this is my first time there.

I’m on the Celebrity Summit and don’t see anything on my Express Pass other than Miami.

Will there be signage at the port so we park in the proper/closest garage? And do they direct to luggage drop off area prior to parking?

Once you arrive at the Port Of Miami and go through the security checkpoint you will see a large message board that will tell you where your cruise ship is berthed at. The access road goes in one direction and you will pass each terminal until you reach your ship. Once you reach the proper terminal enter the line for luggage drop off. Hand over you luggage to the porters, make sure to tip them and then drive into the parking area and secure your vehicle there. Walk over to the terminal and wait to enter the building to check in. 

When We sailed out on the Symphony we stayed at a hotel and was shuttled in.  It was a nightmare..even our driver was yelled at by port workers where to go to dropoff...and then told no go here....There were so many cars it was absolute bedlam.   Not so sure if we would want to drive in that mess....but maybe it's easier going straight into the terminal and bypassing the drop off?

• Like 1