Getaway Vibe Beach Club - Seeking feedback / Information

EganFire

Hello. Has anyone been on the Getaway recently and purchased the Vibe Beach Club pass? or tried?

1 - When did you sail on the Getaway?

2 - What time did you board and purchase the pass?

3 - Do you know what time they ran out?

4 - Do you know how many total were sold for that cruise?

5 - Was it worth it, especially if sailing recently with reduced attendance?

6 - Are they selling at Guest Services Desk or where?

Thank you ahead of time for your assistance and responses. 

Can't speak to crowds of late, but Everytime we've had vibe the bar service was phenomenal.

So if you like to drink you can count on your glass not running dry there. Also the padded loungers are so much better than the normal ones on regular decks.

When we went the tickets were at guest services. There was a lady handing out tickets and then you waited in line to pay.

Good luck, get there early and rush to get the ticket. Go there first before anything else. Like as soon as you step on boat.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, EganFire said:

Hello. Has anyone been on the Getaway recently and purchased the Vibe Beach Club pass? or tried?

We sailed on the Getaway September 13 and were able to have Vibe passes set aside for us before the cruise.  For us, it was not worth it this time.  The space was empty most of the time.  No one could sit on the bar stools.  In the past, we have enjoyed drinks in the hot tub.  This time, one of the staff came over ever so often to allow us a sip.  When Vibe was smaller, it was more fun to meet up with other cruisers there -- this time, we met no one.

5 hours ago, OurAnniversary25 said:

We sailed on the Getaway September 13 and were able to have Vibe passes set aside for us before the cruise.  For us, it was not worth it this time.  The space was empty most of the time.  No one could sit on the bar stools.  In the past, we have enjoyed drinks in the hot tub.  This time, one of the staff came over ever so often to allow us a sip.  When Vibe was smaller, it was more fun to meet up with other cruisers there -- this time, we met no one.

Just wondering how you were able to have Vibe passes “set aside” for you.

We embark on December 27th and would also like to know how to have passes set aside for us.

Because of the new protocol we aren't able to get to the port early and run for the passes.  Our

time slot is not until 11am and we fear that all the available slots will be taken.

I called our NCL rep and he said that the cruise will be sailing at 60% capacity so there shouldn't be a problem, but as we all know, man plans and God laughs.

If any of our cc members have any information, we would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Rich

On 12/5/2021 at 1:25 PM, EganFire said:

Not off of Getaway, but just off the Breakaway on Sunday (12-12-21) so hopefully my answers will be somewhat helpful. 

Boarding for us was massively delayed due to the Covid positives on the previous cruise.  I think we were able to board sometime around 6:00-6:30.  We were in boarding group 1 so were some of the first on board.  Once onboard we were instructed to go directly to our muster station.  Luckily our muster station was just in front of Guest Services.  We did not run but did head straight there.  There was a crew member that scanned our card to prove we made it to the muster station then we went directly to the counter to inquire about Vibe.  There was no one handing out the numbered tickets I have heard about in past threads.  From the moment we stepped on the ship till we were at the counter purchasing passes was probably 5 minutes. 

From what I had heard, it did not sound like they sold out on our sailing.  Our bartender told us that 34 passes had been sold. 

I am not sure how many were being offered.  I believe it was around 100 previously, but post Covid I heard they have reduced that amount.  

Even with reduced capacity, I was glad we purchased the passes and would probably do it again.  It was nice and relaxing inside.  The bartenders were great and we met many nice people.  With that said, the ship was not that busy and there were always plenty of loungers and bar stools available throughout the ship.  It would be hard to say whether it was actually worth it or not, but as I said earlier, we really enjoyed it.

They were at guest services for us.  Not sure if they will be on your sailing.  My guess is that they will be until ships are at capacity again.  I think they moved them from guest services so that the lines were not overwhelming.  With reduced passengers, guest services can manage it.

Something to keep in mind.  They are supposed to shut the Vibe bar at 7:00 and the whole area at 8:00.  They started taking cushions off recliners and stacking everything up at around 5:30 most days.  That was a bit disappointing as it kind of killed the "vibe" and anyone that was in there started to finish up their drinks and head out.  It would have been nice if it were open till around 10:00 so we could have enjoyed it for awhile after dinner.  

If you have any other questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them for you.

On 12/9/2021 at 9:53 AM, OurAnniversary25 said:

I am not sure if the protocols have changed fleet wide, or if they are just doing things different on different ships, but here is what we experienced.

Being only 34 passes sold on our sailing on the Breakaway last week, the Vibe was pretty empty most of the time.  The same 4 or 5 couples would typically be in there with a few other straggler's but we still had fun and good conversation.

We could use the bar stools and did most of the time we were in there.  There was no social distancing and we could sit right next to each other if we liked.

We were able to have drinks in the hot tub.  The servers were more than happy to take our order and deliver the drinks to the hot tub while we were in it.  Service was excellent.

On 12/13/2021 at 10:07 AM, vacation44 said:

Haven guests can request to have passes set aside beforehand. 

The concierge will almost always have some passes even if Haven guests don't request beforehand. The risk is that if other Haven guests get to the concierge before and ask, late arriving Haven guests who expected the concierge to still have passes might miss out.

It's risky but some longtime Haven guests use the concierge method. Requests are sometimes "forgotten" and Haven guests can get upset. With Getaway's massive VIBE and limited capacity (for now), everyone who really wants a pass will probably get whether Haven or not.

On 12/13/2021 at 10:07 AM, vacation44 said:

Haven guests can request to have passes set aside beforehand. 

Just wondering, if you are a Haven guest what is the advantage of the Vibe?  Seems like the Haven area and bar would be better than the Vibe??

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Any idea of the estimated cost for these tickets on a 5 night on the Getaway?  Getting on the ship in 6 days...

Not sure, but I will see you on board. I am on the Dec 22 sailing as well. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 7:55 AM, Mojomac said:

Thanks EganFire

We sail on the 27th and would also like to know these answers.

last time we had to go to the Headliners comedy club to get them

Hope you have a great cruise and would love to know how it goes

I will be on the cruise just before you... Last I heard is you can go to Customer Service after boarding. 

Not the Getaway but I was on the Bliss a couple of weeks ago and we bought Vibe passes.

The ship was about 45% full and they sold 17 passes out of a possible 50.  There were about 70 loungers available excluding the cabanas. 

We are platinum and we arrived early to ensure we got passes, we didn't need to rush.  The higher prices combined with reduced capacity meant that there were plenty of passes available.

The main pool deck was never full, even on sea days.  I estimate that there was about 30% of the poolside loungers available.