Lanyards on Harmony

tomroach

No sure about Harmony, but have been on three different Royal ships and most, if not all, of the lanyards are with the plastic holder.  I am not 100% certain (I just can't recall), but I believe you can remove the plastic holder on them and just use the latch for a hole-punched card.

Slightly off-topic???

I love these.  I wear them every day at home, because I never know when or where I'm going to be asked to show my vaccination card.  Keys, vax card, credit card, DL in a clear plastic sleeve with a hole at the top

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B08PD3R46W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

61HdyNy-w9L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Edited by pcur

12 hours ago, PTAngel said:

I was on the Oasis in October & they used the plastic case lanyards.  They do not punch holes in the ard anymore.  I am assuming it is the same on all ships.

It's not the same on all ships yet.  Harmony does not punch the hole because the cards are proximity cards.  This was true for Harmony when we were on a couple of years ago.  What I didn't like about Harmony was that you had to use your card to have the lights on in the room - once you took your card out of the slot by the door, the lights would all go off.  Having to leave your card in a slot in the room makes it much easier to forget your card when you leave the room and get locked out.

We were just on Allure in October and we took our cards to the service desk and they were more than happy to punch the hole in the card (still the slot/swipe type of card).  They may change them all over eventually but they are not all proximity based yet.

We were on Brilliance right before everything got shut down in May 2020 and they would punch the hole in the cards as well.

2 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Having to leave your card in a slot in the room makes it much easier to forget your card when you leave the room and get locked out.

You could put anything in that slot to keep the power on, including a business card - it doesn't have to be the Seapass card.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

What I didn't like about Harmony was that you had to use your card to have the lights on in the room - once you took your card out of the slot by the door, the lights would all go off.  Having to leave your card in a slot in the room makes it much easier to forget your card when you leave the room and get locked out.

You can use any generic key card to keep the lights on in most cases.  Don't think the RFID chip would be programmed to the light switch.  I believe its a pressure switch internally.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 11:07 AM, pcur said:

Slightly off-topic???

I love these.  I wear them every day at home, because I never know when or where I'm going to be asked to show my vaccination card.  Keys, vax card, credit card, DL in a clear plastic sleeve with a hole at the top

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B08PD3R46W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

61HdyNy-w9L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

You might want to get an RFID pouch to clip on to the lanyard to carry your cards, especially if you have your credit card in there.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:49 PM, tomroach said:

What type of lanyards are used on Harmony of the Sea?  Are they the hole punch ones or plastic case ones?

On 12/6/2021 at 12:54 PM, YankeesFan4Life said:

You can use any generic key card to keep the lights on in most cases.  Don't think the RFID chip would be programmed to the light switch.  I believe its a pressure switch internally.

I’m bringing my Marvel/SuperM lanyard from home with a plastic case I got from Amazon.

First time I used it since it’s limited merchandise.