Cruise Cancellation

Bobblehat71

1 hour ago, howmuch! said:

I've never been in one, but the website Expatica.com suggests otherwise -

Spanish hospital rooms typically include a hospital bed, any necessary medical supplies, and a bathroom. Usually, rooms come with a chair for a visitor. For patients sharing a room, there’s a curtain or separator for privacy. Hospitals also have meal services for patients, with meals delivered to the bedside. Elite private hospitals may include extras, such as additional toiletries or other items.

Thank you, I am only reporting what the couple posted on sm. 

I am also only repeating what this couple alleging on social media. There are many posts and photos, so they are either truthful or being very nasty. They also allege they are not allowed to order takeaways, because of their status as Covid positive, I assume.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I am also only repeating what this couple alleging on social media. There are many posts and photos, so they are either truthful or being very nasty. They also allege they are not allowed to order takeaways, because of their status as Covid positive, I assume.  

I'm not doubting their "truth", but to denigrate the entire Spanish health service on one single example is scare mongering.

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Hello. Thanks for your information, as you know I do not do social media so was interested to hear the problems people are mentioning.  If P&O and the insurance company have now been in touch that would be good news.  Obviously these people are in hospital and unwell so their claim will be covered under the insurance. 

I believe after receiving a negative test the people will be repatriated by their insurance company. P&O have apparently assisted others in this way.  On the locked topic Covid on Iona a couple who had been offloaded by another company said they were to be retested after 10 days and if they hadn't been negative they would have been quarantined for a further 10 days. 

5 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Hi

Sorry to jump in but I can answer your question. Pictures of food have been posted. I have to say one dish looked like a bowl of black worms to me. That was in the hospital. Spanish hospitals do not provide food, relatives bring it in. Another looked like rice and 2 burgers? With a rock hard inedible roll. They are not allowed to have takeaways delivered. They were allowed to have milk and tea bags a local supermarket delivered but there is no kettle so they are given tepid water by the hotel. I believe that P&O use an agent in Spain to handle things. But  the couple are saying P&O and their insurance company have been in touch. They are trying to find out what happens if they still test positive when their quarantine ends.

Thank you Cathygh.  Is this on FB or the blue birdie site? I'm not a SM user but would like to take a look if its possible to give me guidance without rule breaking!!

10 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Hello. Thanks for your information, as you know I do not do social media so was interested to hear the problems people are mentioning.  If P&O and the insurance company have now been in touch that would be good news.  Obviously these people are in hospital and unwell so their claim will be covered under the insurance. 

I believe after receiving a negative test the people will be repatriated by their insurance company. P&O have apparently assisted others in this way.  On the locked topic Covid on Iona a couple who had been offloaded by another company said they were to be retested after 10 days and if they hadn't been negative they would have been quarantined for a further 10 days. 

I understand they are now in a hotel, quarantining, and that is the problem, poor food and drink and not being allowed to order takeaways.  That's all I know, don't  shoot the messenger !

Just now, bobstheboy said:

I understand they are now in a hotel, quarantining, and that is the problem, poor food and drink and not being allowed to order takeaways.  That's all I know, don't  shoot the messenger !

OK, so not a hospital.

I see Richard E Grant has been complaining vociferously about the food in the London Holiday Inn where he is quarantined.  I think it says more about economics of the quarantine system, rather than about individual countries.  

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Thank you Cathygh.  Is this on FB or the blue birdie site? I'm not a SM user but would like to take a look if its possible to give me guidance without rule breaking!!

It is the book of faces. There are Iona Chat pages which should give you the information you seek.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 3:00 PM, Megabear2 said:

Was that contacts or people with a confirmed case?  I tested +ve for Covid last month and was advised not to have another PCR for 90 days as they can still return positive results for that long after an infection!

35 minutes ago, Slugsta said:

Was that contacts or people with a confirmed case?  I tested +ve for Covid last month and was advised not to have another PCR for 90 days as they can still return positive results for that long after an infection!

People with a confirmed case, hospitalized and then moved to hotel.  Their insurance wanted to retest after 10 days before they would fly them home. Because of 30% chance of still testing positive they opted to buy their own flight/taxi at their cost. Apparently now fighting to get money back. Cruise line was Marella, country was Spain. Assume you get the covid pass because of being previously infected.